Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lou Barletta announces his bid for Congress

By: Mark Memmott and Jill Lawrence

Lou Barletta, the mayor of Hazleton, Pa., "who has gained a national following with his get-tough approach to illegal immigration, is running for Congress," the Associated Press writes.

Following through on reports that surfaced yesterday about his likely plans, the Republican mayor said this afternoon that he will run against incumbent 12-term Democratic Rep. Paul Kanjorski.

"I realized that I'm not just fighting for Hazleton any more. I'm fighting for people all over the country who want their voices heard," Barletta said. "I've done as much as I can fighting illegal immigration as the mayor of a city. I need to take this fight to Washington, because that's where the problem needs to be fixed."

Barletta ran against Kanjorski in 2002, but lost by more than 13 percentage points.

As the AP writes, "at Barletta's urging, Hazleton's City Council in 2006 approved the Illegal Immigration Relief Act, which sought to deny business permits to companies that employ illegal immigrants, fine landlords who rent to them and require tenants to register and pay for a rental permit." A federal judge struck down the law as unconstitutional, but Barletta gained national prominence for his position.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/20 ... als-1.html

God Bless this man!!

I would vote him in in a heartbeat!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!

Re: Lou Barletta announces his bid for Congress

Quote Originally Posted by Sharona
    I need to take this fight to Washington, because that's where the problem needs to be fixed."
    Yes, the problem is in Washington where morons pander to illegal aliens.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Let's donate something to his campaign. He needs to get elected.

http://www.loubarletta.com/