Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A large part of the problem is the people here. The "valley" with Wilkes-Barre and Scranton in it is historically Democrat. A Republican just does not win here. Heck, Adolph Hitler could get elected today if he was running as a Democrat. I've talked to neighbors that voted straight Dem and didn't like Obama!!! Go figure. The county commissioners were re-elected last year and they are as inept as Kanjorski.
    Lou stayed close in the cities in the valley outside W-B, he won by large margins in the outlying areas of the county containing W-B. He also took the other two southern counties in the district. He lost big time in Scranton and the 1 county in the Pocono Mts. that's in the district.
    In the last few weeks of the campaign, Kanjorski started running really desperate ads, making some nasty (untrue) allegations about Lou. They may have had an effect. I talked to one guy out of the district and he swallowed it hook, line and sinker. Though I asked him, "you always believe what a guy that stole 9 million dollars of yours says?????" He was clueless.
    As far as the signs go, the VAST majority of Lou's signs were in yards, that shows true support. There were a goodly amount of kanjo signs in yards but most were along the sides of the highway and on corners. Stuck there by his campaign workers. Lou had grassroots support.
    The Obama coattails with the straight party pullers brought him down. The disgust for Bush was just too much. I'm sure if this had been an off year election the result would have been different.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

What were the untrue allegations, if you recall? I don't watch much tv, so I only caught one about the DeAngelo brothers.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by 31scout
    He lost big time in Scranton and the 1 county in the Pocono Mts. that's in the district.
    Lou would have done better in Scranton if he had hired Ray Lyman to do a little door-to-door campaigning for him.

P.S. I just recently saw Ray's videos on youtube and laughed so hard that I cried. I see you're from Scranton. Do you by chance have a Ray update for me? I just can't get enough of the guy. Hopefully, he'll show up to some more city council meetings in the future.

Thanks for running Lou. You are a good man, but you screwed up by supporting the Wall Street Bailout. I hope you stay in the hunt for political office, and rethink your position on the bailout.

Okay, I just got a visit from a friend who has shown me some intersting things he came up with. Apparently, Lackawanna County (Scranton, PA area) has a discrepancy of somewhere in the neighborhood of 13,000+ votes that were flipped from Barletta to Kanjorski.

Lou is on vacation trying to gather himself together, so we went to one of his relatives, who then contacted one of Lou's campaign people.

We are hoping for a special election, because if these 13,000+ votes were flipped during the tallying (or at any other time), then Lou would have won the entire election. Monroe County had some voting irregularities as well, but even just the Lackawanna County problem would have won Lou the election.

I will keep you all abreast of what's going on, but I suspect Lou might be coming back early from his vacation. Let's hope so.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.

I just can't believe he lost, what is wrong with people? we lost so many good people the last 2 years, I just hope they stay in the fight with us.

Thank you Lou!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Seaturtle,
    I'm not sure what to ask about this. Is someone officially investigating this? Is the person in charge of elections for Lackawanna County involved in looking at this?
    I will say again, there's no way I can believe he lost Lackawanna County (Scranton is the county seat) by such a wide margin. Now it would make sense. I work in a factory in the Lackawanna valley and NO ONE I talked to favored kanjorski. I handed our yard signs at the plant and I had people asking me for them!
    Only half of Lackawanna County is in the 11th district (Kanjorski's), the rest of it is in the 10th cong. district. You can't imagine the number of Barletta signs in yards in THIS district (10th). These people couldn't even vote for Lou but they had yard signs!!! This is why I say that Lou had so much grass roots support.
    The people of Scranton and environs know Kanjo and the story of him funneling $ to his family at Cornerstone Technologies. How could they vote so overwhelmingly in favor of this bozo. I have the vote tallies for every town/township in Luzerne County (kanjo's home county & W-B) and Lou won everything by a wide margin outside the valley containing W-B and just BARELY lost the towns in the valley. What did they know that the citizens of Lackawanna County not know??? These two counties are too close together to show THAT much difference.
    It all makes sense. I can only pray to God it works out well for Lou. The world just wouldn't be right with Kanjorski winning this election.

POTUS,
    Where did you see that Lou supported the wall street bailout? I don't recall him saying that. Kanjorski voted in favor of the bailout and was taken to task for it.

POTUS,
    Where did you see that Lou supported the wall street bailout? I don't recall him saying that. Kanjorski voted in favor of the bailout and was taken to task for it.
    There was an article in the Stand Speaker that was posted here on ALIPAC quoting Barletta saying he was for the bailout. Click here.

Seaturtle,
    I'm not sure what to ask about this. Is someone officially investigating this? Is the person in charge of elections for Lackawanna County involved in looking at this?
    I will say again, there's no way I can believe he lost Lackawanna County (Scranton is the county seat) by such a wide margin. Now it would make sense. I work in a factory in the Lackawanna valley and NO ONE I talked to favored kanjorski. I handed our yard signs at the plant and I had people asking me for them!
    Only half of Lackawanna County is in the 11th district (Kanjorski's), the rest of it is in the 10th cong. district. You can't imagine the number of Barletta signs in yards in THIS district (10th). These people couldn't even vote for Lou but they had yard signs!!! This is why I say that Lou had so much grass roots support.
    The people of Scranton and environs know Kanjo and the story of him funneling $ to his family at Cornerstone Technologies. How could they vote so overwhelmingly in favor of this bozo. I have the vote tallies for every town/township in Luzerne County (kanjo's home county & W-B) and Lou won everything by a wide margin outside the valley containing W-B and just BARELY lost the towns in the valley. What did they know that the citizens of Lackawanna County not know??? These two counties are too close together to show THAT much difference.
    It all makes sense. I can only pray to God it works out well for Lou. The world just wouldn't be right with Kanjorski winning this election.
    I don't have any more answers than what I've already shared. My friend that was here literally sat on Friday in the warehouse room where the military ballots were being counted, watching the ladies work. He is preparing some literature on the vote flipping possibility, and is notifying an acquaintance of his who is one of the judges who is supposed to certify the election results. That's all I have at the moment, but it's something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12