Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lou Dobbs Commentary

Please read commentary by Lou Dobbs. We should send him emails of support and thanks.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/10/dobbs. ... index.html

You Go Lou!!!!

That's Lou, he never backs down, and he tells it like it is!

Re: Lou Dobbs Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by Dusky
    Please read commentary by Lou Dobbs. We should send him emails of support and thanks.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/10/dobbs. ... index.html

You Go Lou!!!!
    we do email him and thank him on a regular basis here at ALIPAC
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Iig
    Here's what I wrote to Mr. Oppenheimer, Miami Herald, re his article of 2006-05-04, titled:
    "Immigration protest to help Hispanics, but not yet"
    BY ANDRES OPPENHEIMER
    aoppenheimer@MiamiHerald.com
    wherein he makes his petty accusation that Lou intentionally mispronounced the name of a colleague on CNN Espanol:

Mr. Oppenheimer, please. I just re-watched the May 1 broadcast of "Lou Dobbs", the clip of which was provided by Mr. Dobbs today. He pronounces his colleague's name quite correctly. Your parenthetical aside is petty and wrong. I'm Mexican, he doesn't strike me as afraid of me or any other person of color. Everytime I hear someone use a word in a way that doesn't jibe with my understanding of it, I pull out my dictionary and make sure I've got the definition right. Xenophobic does not apply to Mr. Dobbs.

I also, of course, wrote a comment of support to Lou the same day. Persons who cannot win an argument on its merits, tend to resort to personal attacks on the winning opponent. I use that as an indicator of when they're admitting to themselves that they can't win the debate.

Viva Lou! Viva O'Reilly (I know, I know, he can be snippy, pompous, sanctimonious and arrogant, but, he also speaks common sense, confidence in detecting what is right and wrong, without equivocation and fights for people like me)! Viva Sheriff Arpaio in Arizona! Viva the Minuteman Project!

Iig McMescalero
    American - not Mexican-American, not Irish-American, not Mescalero Apache Genuine American
    "I have not yet begun to fight!" John Paul Jones

Full text of commentary:

Dobbs to President: Do you take us for fools?
    By Lou Dobbs
    CNN
    Wednesday, May 10, 2006; Posted: 3:44 p.m. EDT (19:44 GMT)

NEW YORK (CNN)-- Reports this week that the Border Patrol is notifying the Mexican government of the locations of Minutemen volunteers are being denied by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. True or not, the Bush administration continues to follow absurd policies on both issues of border security and illegal immigration.

President Bush continues to push his guest worker program and amnesty for anywhere between 11 million and 20 million illegal aliens, and he insists still that nothing less than what he calls comprehensive immigration reform is acceptable.

And the lies keep coming from both political parties. This president is not enforcing the immigration laws enacted by Congress, and this Congress is failing in its duty of oversight to demand that those laws be followed.

Only a fool, Mr. President, Sen. Kennedy, Sen. McCain, would believe you when you speak of new legislation. You don't enforce the laws now.

Would you do so if the law were more to your liking? Would you secure our borders and ports? Would you halt illegal immigration? Those are rhetorical questions, only, I assure you. The answers are obvious; obvious because of your conduct.

As many as 3 million illegal aliens continue to cross our border with Mexico each year. Enforcement against illegal employers of illegal aliens in this country is all but nonexistent, Mr. President. How do you explain that the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents have all but ended their investigations and inspections of employers that hire illegal aliens? Again, only a rhetorical question, because we all know the answer.

But here is the official record of your sense of duty: 318 employers out of five and a half million in this country have been fined for hiring illegal aliens since 2001. In 2004, only three employers were fined. That is a dismal record, Mr. President, as dismal as the fact that the number of ICE agents assigned to enforce immigration laws in the workplace has declined from only 240 back in 1999 to now less than 100.

Illegal alien employer fines
    2001 100
    2002 53
    2003 162
    2004 3
    (Source: GAO reports,8/31/05)

The problem in our lack of border security and illegal immigration is becoming increasingly obvious: two political parties that are beholden to corporate America, the largest employers of illegal aliens, and the leadership of both parties that are selling out American citizens in search of cheap labor and political advantage. How dumb do you all think we are? Again, that's only a rhetorical question.

Over the next few days on my broadcast, I'm going to make a suggestion that I hope may help the leadership of both the Republican and Democratic parties begin to take some notice of our laws and our expectations that those laws be enforced. And also take at least some notice of the fact that Republicans and Democrats also represent American citizens, not just corporate America and special interests.