Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LOU DOBBS' TRUE POSITION ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

From Lou Dobbs' website:

Dobbs: The Truth About Immigration
    Nov-23-2009
    Ethnocentric special interest groups often mischaracterize Lou's position on illegal immigration. The left routinely ignores the context of everything Lou has said about illegal immigrants. So here's the truth about what the left does not want you to hear: Listen to Lou's record on illegal immigration and illegal immigrants.

A few examples:

"I've said for some time that the only rational actor in this entire immigration crisis, illegal immigration crisis, is the illegal alien, trying to benefit himself, herself and better their lives. But illegal employer is acting against the national interests, acting against the law in every respect. How can we get to the employer who is so shamelessly exploiting the illegal alien and so shamelessly flaunting U.S. law?"

"I have great respect for the people who make up the preponderance of the illegal alien population in our country, that is Mexican migrant workers." "I'm absolutely one of the most passionate opponents of illegal immigration, but I've also made it very clear I'm also one of those who respects most the illegal aliens, I've described them on numerous occasions as the only
    rational actor in this crisis."

"For the record, I am absolutely supportive of legal immigration. In fact, I favor even higher levels of legal immigration when it suits public policy. Let me repeat -- we are the most welcoming nation in the world for immigrants and I've consistently called for an increase in legal immigration when warranted."

"I think I'm the only one on this panel who's actually worked with migrant workers in the fields, with beans, potatoes, hay in my youth. I know them to be good and decent people."

"You've heard me say time and time again that the only rational actor in this is the illegal alien trying to improve his or her life. You've heard me say time and time again that the illegal employer of the illegal alien deserves the greatest sanctions in this mess."

"The broadcast has repeatedly stressed the need to solve this nation's massive illegal alien crisis. It has always, this broadcast, been a strong supporter of legal, fair, humane immigration policies."

Isn't it funny how cowardly liars and fools leave out all of these statements over the past six years you've just heard as they attack me. If you have any doubt that we are in a struggle for the soul of this nation, a day's reading of those left-wing activists' blogs and statements will show you who's really fanning the flames of hate.

The illegal Alien is the only "rational actor" in the Immigration crisis??

Well Lou, I suppose any criminal can be described as rational in their decision to consciously commit a crime, but it almost sounds like he is justifying the behavior of illegal aliens here.

He goes on to say that he has great respect for the illegal alien population.

So you have great respect for those who violate the law?

Notice how he places all the blame on the employers of illegal aliens and none on the illegal aliens themselves.

The "rational actor" part has always bothered me. It is rational that breaking the law and stealing is acceptable to do a little better in life. How about being rational and stand up to your government to demand a less corrupt and a more responsible government. They love their nation so very much, and yet they make demands on a neighboring nation (as in the case of illegal alien Mexicans). Then we add on the demands of other illegal aliens from elsewhere.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The thing that motivates the average Mexican illegal alien is the inability to obtain a mortgage in Mexico. There are awhole host of players that want them to change their minds and stay. Lou might be trying to do something to help them leave.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What about all of the criminals that come over the border and do grave harm to American citizens, because they are running from the Mex gov?

Or what about the millions that the Mexican government is helping to push over the border because they don't want to pay to educate or give them health care?

Looks like Lou Dobbs is into "enabling" big time.

HOLD MEXICO ACCOUNTABLE - THEY ARE AT THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM - THE CORRUPT GOVERNMENT OWNS ALL OF THE OIL - THEY MAKE GREAT PROFITS (Remember the trials last year when Mobil and other US oil companies were raking in record profits?, well the government of Mexico owns the oil in Mexico, a country that even the USA buys oil from).

If Lou really thought the majority of Mexicans come over the border for jobs, then why isn't he pressuring the Mexican government to get a back bone and be a responsible government.

Mexico has been so corrupt for so long, I don't even know if they understand a culture of non-corruption.

If anyone saw Lou's appearance on the Kudlow report, he stated that he has never called for the Deportation of a single illegal alien. If anyone has the transcript, please post it.

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEstorm
    If anyone saw Lou's appearance on the Kudlow report, he stated that he has never called for the Deportation of a single illegal alien. If anyone has the transcript, please post it.

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/video/t ... ow_report/

Transcript: There is more from Lou about NAFTA, etc. before and maybe after this part. The bottom section is more about illegal immigration.

(quote)

00:05:13 But lou, you've become protectionist.
    00:05:15 Why is that?
    00:05:16 >> A protectionist?
    00:05:20 You left out isolationist and xenophobe.
    00:05:27 Fool that I am, I want to see the united states pursue both the same policies and the same result as our principal trading partners.
    00:05:35 That is mutual, reciprocal, balanced, international trade.
    00:05:39 That means not protectionism, but horror of horrors, we have to begin to rebuild our manufacturing base in this country, and we have to focus on exports.
    00:05:51 Now, you can call that protectionism.
    00:05:53 I call it the only possible intelligent strategy forward.
    00:05:57 >> Fair enough.
    00:05:58 But you have opposed additional free trade agreements.
    00:06:01 You have opposed the nafta agreements.
    00:06:04 I believe you're in opposition -- >> no, no, no.
    00:06:06 I supported nafta on the basis that if we are to enrich any nation on earth, we should enrich those who are our closest neighbors.
    00:06:19 >> All right.
    00:06:20 Let me come back to this.
    00:06:22 During the high tide of the free trade movement, which is during TH80s AND THE '90s.
    00:06:30 Clinton and gore fought very hard against ross perot's protection uhhism.
    00:06:34 We had unbelievable prosperity.
    00:06:36 We created about 45-some-odd million skbrons.
    00:06:40 >> THE 1980s?
    00:06:41 >> THE '80s AND THE ' 90 SNZ.
    00:06:44 >> Oh, the clinton years as well.
    00:06:47 >> I am.
    00:06:48 Clinton and gore.
    00:06:49 I always regarded clinton as robld reagan's third term.
    00:06:54 Clinton and reagan were free traders.
    00:06:56 I give them credit for knocking down ross perot's protectionism.
    00:07:00 My question to you is what about the consumer?
    00:07:04 Under free trade, consumers benefit the most.
    00:07:06 They have the choiceover getting the best quality goods at the lowest possible cost anywhere around the world.
    00:07:12 And the same is true for the small businesses you site.
    00:07:17 Why have you turned against free trade?
    00:07:18 >> By the way, I would support free trade, were that what is being practiced by the united states.
    00:07:33 We have run 34 consecutive years of trade deficits.
    00:07:35 We now have a $7 trillion external trade debt.
    00:07:40 We have over $12 trillion in national debt, over $60 trillion, give or take a trillion on either side of that number.
    00:07:47 In unfunded liabilities.
    00:07:50 >> That's fiscal.
    00:07:51 I agree with you about the fiscal deficits and into entitlements.
    00:07:58 But the trade part, this is private sector trade.
    00:07:59 >> This is.
    00:08:03 And a trade gap with new jersey, I don't see why that's important.
    00:08:08 Why not blame the government?
    00:08:11 >> This is external debt.
    00:08:13 Not as between new jersey and new york, but as between the united states and the european union, which by the way, is now in a position -- you know a lot of free market folks unfettered free market folks -- >> like me.
    00:08:27 >> I wasn't going to name any names.
    00:08:29 >> Wanted to suggest the european union couldn't possibly remain competitive with the united states.
    00:08:34 If you look at capital flows now, larry, we are on the short end.
    00:08:38 >> That's because they have lost confidence in us.
    00:08:40 BUT AGAIN, DURING THE '80s AND '90s -- >> We've given them reason to lose confidence.
    00:08:51 >> They came right back here to invest in the united states.
    00:08:53 I do agree with you, we should help manufacturing.
    00:09:07 I want to bring up fred smith, the ceo of fedex.
    00:09:13 He said it's tax policy, and i heard from others.
    00:09:17 Look, why aren't we giving full cash expensing for business investment tax writeoff.
    00:09:22 Why aren't we lowering business tax rates in the united states which are now among the highest in the world?
    00:09:31 Our government is make ourg companies, including manufacturing uncompetitive.
    00:09:35 We're having one hand tied behind our back because the cost of capital and the tax cost of doing business is so high.
    00:09:41 Why aren't you blaming government for that?
    00:09:49 >> Right now I would choose to blame business leadership for failing to be innovative rather THAN DELEGSHIP CEOs chamber of commerce, to the business round table.
    00:10:02 I want to see ceo nz this country step up and talk about their individual companies and what would be most beneficial to their bottom line.
    00:10:13 Talk honestly and straightforward.
    00:10:15 >> Regulations.
    00:10:17 I mean, all the things you were mentioning at the top of the show.
    00:10:20 >> Regulation.
    00:10:21 I mean, if that is the biggest impediment to invasion right now in the united states, I would -- I'll eat my hat, or any two of my hats.
    00:10:37 >> They're going to run the health care system, tax small businesses.
    00:10:43 >> Don't ask me to defend obamacare, since we have no idea what the legislation will look like.
    00:10:49 I love the idea that the cbo scores it at $850 billion.
    00:10:54 We have no idea what that legislation will be.
    00:10:55 Nancy pelosi and harry reid have both said in conference they will determine what emerges from the dark behind those closed doors.
    00:11:04 >> Is the federal reserve -- part of trade and -- >> you want to pick a fight with me.
    00:11:08 >> I'm just having so much fun having you here.
    00:11:13 It's like a reunion.
    00:11:14 For the first time in 35 years I'm in the driver's seat.
    00:11:16 >> You're the boss.
    00:11:17 You're the boss.
    00:11:19 '.
    00:11:19 >> You can handle this, believe me.
    00:11:21 Anyway, is the federal reserve completely demolishing and demising the value of the dollar?
    00:11:26 Because you are a defender of the american middle class?
    00:11:30 And you are right to do so.
    00:11:31 Why can't the american middle class and everybody else have a stable value of currency in their wallets and pocketbooks.
    00:11:39 Why is the federal reserve going through yet another episode of massive ultra easy money creation which could create another bubble and actually destroy the value of the dollar so it won't even be our reserve currency anymore.
    00:11:52 What is up with that?
    00:11:58 >> In my view, in two excessive administration -- >> dollar lost 65% of its value in the last nine years.
    00:12:05 >> Exactly.
    00:12:07 The latter day bush administration, this administration, not willing to focus on what -- the dollar is certainly a store of value, but also systematic of what ails this economy.
    00:12:21 We cannot expect that dollar to rise while we have a $12 trillion and rising national debt.
    00:12:28 5 Trillion on a federal budget deficit and we have no idea what

00:14:01 obama taking us in another sort of like bush plus, bush to the third power, bush to the sixth power own spending and taxing and the debauchment of the dollar.
    00:14:11 Are you worried that america is declinist?
    00:14:15 Are you worried that president obama is going to take america, the leader, the exceptional country, the city on the hill, and make us second best?
    00:14:23 Are you worried about that?
    00:14:25 >> The answer straightforwardly is yes.
    00:14:30 But the reasons I'm concerned and worried and a afraid is because people will not have an honest discussion of the public policy consequences of all the decisions that have been taken over the course of the past decade.
    00:14:44 >> Can we turn this around?
    00:14:45 >> Absolutely.
    00:14:48 >> If we have that discussion with leadership, can we turn this around to be optimists about america?
    00:14:52 >> I am an optimist about america.
    00:14:54 And this much we do know.
    00:14:56 We can turn it around because this country still has within its possession, the capacity, the spirit to shape its own future.
    00:15:09 >> And we have in the past.
    00:15:10 And we have in the past.
    00:15:11 >> But we're going to have to get real honest and understand we have to get to work.
    00:15:16 >> You know the producers are in my ear.
    00:15:19 You're going to be with us for the entire program.
    00:15:21 Lou dobbs, please stay put.
    00:15:22 Coming up, rising star republican senator john thune joins us for the plan to end and how conservatives should reapply their core principles.
    00:15:36 I am honored to have lou dobbs with me on this show.
    00:15:37 And he's got a thing or two to say about most everything.

00:29:04 >> Thanks.
    00:29:05 >> We're going to come back, lou dobbs and i, much more to talk about.
    00:29:12 Lou wants to trade with mexico.
    00:29:13 I think that's a great idea.
    00:29:14 But what about the mexican immigrants?
    00:29:16 What are we going to do with them?
    00:29:17 And can we have a little compassion?
    00:29:19 And are they helping america to grow and move into prosperity.
    00:29:23 That's where we're going to go, my great friend lou dobbs.

00:32:17 >>> All right, we're back with lou dobbs talking about every single thing under the sun.
    00:32:25 I want to ask you, you mentioned earlier you're happy to trade with mexico and you supported the mexican free trade agreement and I guess nafta.
    00:32:32 >> Nafta.
    00:32:33 >> You have been a very fierce and harsh critic of the immigration issue.
    00:32:39 You have come out as anti-immigrant.
    00:32:44 Let me just pose this.
    00:32:45 >> Anti-illegal immigration.
    00:32:47 >> All right, sometimes you say you want to deport them overnight, you want to -- >> never said that.
    00:32:52 Never, never.
    00:32:52 >> You've been very brutal on them.
    00:32:56 And I take a view that if we can figure out a way to make this system work, these immigrants that come here to work, they are looking for opportunity, in many cases they want to reunite with their families, they're church going, good people, most of them.
    00:33:09 Why are the immigration people so bad?
    00:33:10 Why is it your view they're so bad?
    00:33:12 >> The immigration people?
    00:33:14 >> Yes.
    00:33:15 You just teed off on them again and again and again.
    00:33:18 You've made it a lou dobbs cause celeb.
    00:33:21 >> Well, let's look at the reality, if I may.
    00:33:24 One, I oppose illegal immigration.
    00:33:27 Why do you conflate illegal immigrants and legal immigrants.
    00:33:35 >> I think the issue of illegal immigration has been stretched too far.
    00:33:37 And once again, I blame government because we do not have the regulatory process to get them in here.
    00:33:53 >> Just a second, just is a second.
    00:33:55 >> Can we cue the star-hispaniced banner perhaps.
    00:33:57 >> That's where I'm going on this.
    00:34:00 This is a reagan theme.
    00:34:01 Come to america, we are the land of opportunity.
    00:34:06 You may break a small law, but they want to come here and be citizens.
    00:34:09 Many of them even pay taxes while they're here and don't get a nickel back.
    00:34:13 Why are you so tough on them, lou?
    00:34:19 >> Because I'm astounded a small law like crossing our border -- it's a misdemeanor.
    00:34:26 >> A small law broken 12 million to 20 million times is a large number, don't you agree?
    00:34:32 >> To come to work with good motives because we have such a lousy process.
    00:34:35 >> We do.
    00:34:37 >> So why don't you fix the process?
    00:34:39 >> I think that's the key to the solution.
    00:34:40 I've always agreed, always argued that we should regularize, legalize, open up, maybe put it across -- >> did you say harmonize?
    00:34:49 >> Yes, harmonize.
    00:34:50 We have never done that.
    00:34:51 We have never done that.
    00:34:52 And it's really one north american market, for heaven's sakes.
    00:34:56 Why blame the illegals who come here for the right reasons.
    00:34:58 >> I thought it was one world market in your -- >> I don't know about one world.
    00:35:04 Ha's a little bit stretching.
    00:35:09 >> Tom tancredo ran for president and got no votes.
    00:35:14 It was never really a major issue among americans.
    00:35:17 Why did you make it your cause?
    00:35:19 >> I didn't make it my cause.
    00:35:21 Again, here are the facts if we're ready, okay?
    00:35:24 I have opposed illegal immigration since september 11 because of what we discovered in reporting on the lack of border security, the lack of port security in to this country.
    00:35:37 And visa overstays contribute about 40% of the total number of illegal immigrants in the country.
    00:35:46 I have never called for the deportation of any illegal immigrant in this country.
    00:35:52 Ever.
    00:35:52 >> Would you throw them in jail?
    00:35:55 >> Again, I don't know to whom you're speaking.
    00:35:58 I never called for criminalization.
    00:36:00 Rein you have just talked about brutalizing.
    00:36:02 I'm one of the few people you will ever talk to in your life who's actually worked with migrant laborers in the fields.
    00:36:08 And I have the greatest respect, and I have said repeatedly that the illegal immigrant in this country is one of the few rational actors.
    00:36:19 >> That's where I'm going on this.
    00:36:24 >> But you started with falsehoods.
    00:36:26 >> I don't mean to be a falsehood, lord knows.
    00:36:28 And my respect for you is virtually boundless.
    00:36:30 But you have taken on a pi tina as a spokesman for the anti-immigration cause.
    00:36:36 I have had tommy tancredo on here and they're off the charts, lou.
    00:36:40 >> That's them, this is me.
    00:36:41 And I have never aligned myself with any individual, with any organization or any group of any kind or political party on the issue of illegal immigration.
    00:36:52 My views are solely my views.
    00:36:54 >> They come here because there are jobs open to come here.
    00:36:57 >> In most cases.
    00:36:58 >> They have stopped coming here because there are no jobs open.
    00:37:01 >> I don't think you know that, because no one has reliable data.
    00:37:04 >> There's a gal down at arizona state.
    00:37:06 She predicted the recession because they're going back home.
    00:37:09 >> And there's a guy over at iowa state.
    00:37:12 No one -- and this is one of the difficult aspects.
    00:37:14 Why is it no one in this country know, nor the federal government how many illegal immigrants are in this country.
    00:37:22 Why is it no one knows how many jobs have been lost outsourcing in the federal government?
    00:37:26 Is it because we can't find out?
    00:37:28 Or is it because this government has chosen benign neglect to support policies that haven't been endorsed by the american people.
    00:37:37 One other thing.
    00:37:38 I have never said anything about restricting immigration.
    00:37:41 >> Fair enough.
    00:37:43 I'm very glad to hear that.
    00:37:44 Because what I read sometimes is at odds like that.
    00:37:47 >> You've got to quit reading those left-wing publications.
    00:37:52 >> This is true.
    00:37:53 I watch very few cable television stations.
    00:37:58 If we legalize the illegals in this country would you let them stay sneer.
    00:38:03 >> I always said we have to have an effective, humane poll circumstance but we can't substantively in any way reform immigration policy until we control immigration.
    00:38:12 >> I agree.
    00:38:13 >> And we can't control immigration until we have operational control of our orders.
    00:38:19 >> And once again, I gain government -- >> those son of a guns.
    00:38:24 >> Lou dobbs is going to stay with us.
    00:38:26 Because robert reich and rick santelli are going to join us when we return to talk obamanocis, to talk about the threat of american declinism, talk about free trade and maybe to talk about immigration and anything else that's on their mind.

(quote)

http://www.livedash.com/transcript/the_ ... 09/109855/

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There it is, Thank you

"00:35:46 I have never called for the deportation of any illegal immigrant in this country.
    00:35:52 Ever.
    00:35:52 >> Would you throw them in jail?
    00:35:55 >> Again, I don't know to whom you're speaking.
    00:35:58 I never called for criminalization.
    00:36:00 Rein you have just talked about brutalizing.
    00:36:02 I'm one of the few people you will ever talk to in your life who's actually worked with migrant laborers in the fields.
    00:36:08 And I have the greatest respect, and I have said repeatedly that the illegal immigrant in this country is one of the few rational actors."

If you get the chance, please e-mail Lou Dobbs through his website, and ask him this question (or a variation thereof):

---

In your book Independents Day, you outlined the four decades-long history of destructive immigration policies and how for over this period, pro-amnesty and open borders advocates have marketed false assurances about border enforcement and how amnesty would have no social or economic costs to our nation.

In light of the fact that unemployment is now at a 26-year high, and the Obama administration through Janet Napolitano are marketing much of the same assurances we have heard in the past -- while ceasing effective immigration enforcement (weakening 287(g), stopping workplace enforcement) -- do you sincerely believe now is a good time to legalize/amnesty millions of illegal aliens?

E-mail Lou Dobbs through his website:

www.loudobbs.com

The world is officially backasswards!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast