Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOwen
    Yes, I too like what Tom represents.

But now he is just a whisper ... in the wind for change.

DaveOwen
    well, he is dropping a bit but I believe that is because the first two debates were BEFORE this fiasc of an immigration bill. SO, the ferver and wants of the american people can now be realized thru Tom.

Now there are two MAJOR points in the debates - terrorism, and illegal immigration. Tom is #1 on one of them, and if he can neutralize Giulani on Terrorism -- I think Tom can have an impact. I just feel he should push forward and continue.

Does anybody know if Tancredo is against or for the NAU?

Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveOwen
    Yes, I too like what Tom represents.

But now he is just a whisper ... in the wind for change.

DaveOwen
    I see you are from south Florida.

I grew up there.

Tancredo's comments about Miami being a third world city were correct.
    Funny he took so much heat for that comment. Wolf even brought it up during the debate, with the excuse of Tom having said it "recently." When actually he said that quite a long time ago. Yes, Miami is Third World. Los Angeles is also Third World -- namely Mexico. If someone like Tom does not save us, the virus will spread, and the entire country will be Third World.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Re: Loudest cheers go to Tancredo at candidates forum

Quote Originally Posted by April
    The loudest cheers went to Tom Tancredo at a Presidential Candidates Forum in Des Moines, Iowa, yesterday. Link to pro-Tancredo blog that contains video of a portion of some of his speech: http://tancredo4prez.blogspot.com/ .
    TOM ROCKS!!!

HE is a good man and my choice for president!!!! HE listens to US!! HOW refreshing!!!!
    Wow! He's the man! You could hear the encouragement and empowerment in his voice after this victory. I hope the others were listening to that standing ovation and whistling and screaming. I hope it scares the rest of the candidates. PEOPLE HAVE HAD IT with the status quo in Washington. GET THE BUMS OUT.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

donations

I do not expose my financial support; however, I am on his list.

I firmly believe that if a long shot is going to be elected he or she will have to become so outrageously in your face that the contributions will tidal wave any opposing force.

I believe that the American people desperately need some one they can truly believe what they say.

Look at the celebrities and artists that were in your face.

Rappers, Andy Warhol, artists …do you really think that they were good?

Their claim to fame was 'in your face'.

I am waiting...

DaveOwen
    American*citizens must take back our respect, dignity and country.

"Does anybody know if Tancredo is against or for the NAU?"

Tom is against the NAU. Tom Tancredo, Ron Paul and I believe also Duncan Hunter are all against the NAU. I don't believe the other Republican and Democratic candidates even take the threat of the NAU seriously. I don't agree with Ron Paul on some immigration issues, but he is strongly against the NAU

Re: Donation

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    Are you donating to the Tancredo Campaign?

He can't move forwad unless he is supported financially. I would suggest his supporters start really helping out. Because if he doesn't have the funds, he will need to withdraw.
    I sent ten dollars ($10) to him on Friday. I'm going to keep trying to send a little bit to him on a regular basis.

Thanks for making the point about donations.
    I contribute to him as well. Even small donations add up when many contribute. He is worth the money. He does what he says he is going to do and does not back down from other politicians on important issues.
    You are right on all counts April.

I do certainly agree that the small donations add up when many people contribute small donations.

I just went to Tom's presidential website. You can donate once or monthly if you like. I'm looking at donating on a monthly basis so I can give more. I called the number and they were very nice. I wanted to know if I could specifiy when the monthly contributions would end. She said, "That' a very good idea. Perhaps we need to change the website otherwise you just call us."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Duncan Hunter is still my #1 choice!

Figured I 'd take this opportunity to push my candidate of choice too.

Tancredo is a fine choice, however, there are some specific reason he is my #2 choice.

1. He broke a term limit pledge with his constituents in Colorado. It has been said that his push for term limits was the number one factor in his winning the election. Tancredo promised his constituents he would only serve 3 terms, however, he broke his pledge and ran for a fourth term in Congress in 2004. Breaking a solemn pledge has to bring integrity into consideration.

2. Duncan Hunter served his country honorably in Vietnam. He dropped out of college to serve in the military, where he was an Army Ranger paratrooper in Vietnam from 1969 to 1971. He received a Bronze Star for his service in 24 helicopter combat assaults. Tancredo, on the other hand, avoided service in Vietnam by getting a medical deferment for mental health reasons. Anyone looking at this issue logically would have to question Tancredo's potential as Commander-In- Chief of our armed services (not a good time for that).

These issues may not bother some of you, but they definitely resonate with me. These are two of the primary reasons I've decided to support Duncan Hunter over Tancredo.

My choices remain: #1 Duncan Hunter, #2 Tom Tancredo, ........and a distant #3 Ron Paul.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Duncan Hunter

Duncan Hunter has a good record on some issues.

However, there are some specific reasons why he is not my first choice.

In 1996, Duncan Hunter voted to support the continuation of a guestworker program for foreign nurses. I disagree with Duncan Hunter's vote to bring more more foreign nurses into this country as guestworkers. I support the proposition that there are more than enough Americans trained in nursing to do the job if the pay and working conditions are appropriate

In 1998, Duncan Hunter voted to allow firms to lay off Americans
    to make room for foreign workers.
    Duncan Hunter voted against legislation that would have forbidden U.S. firms from using temporary foreign workers to replace Americans. The legislation would have required U.S. firms to check a box on a form attesting that they had first sought an American worker for the job.

For the first session of the 109th Congress that met in 2005, Duncan Hunter received a grade of "C+" and a score of "56%" from the National Taxpayers Union (NTU). On the other hand, Tom Tancredo received a grade of "A" and a score of "80%". Tom Tancredo received a a "Taxypayers Friend Award" from the NTU. Duncan Hunter did not. Tom Tancredo tied with two other representatives for the third highest score among all four hundred thirty-five representatives.

I want a true fiscal conservative as president. Tom Tancredo is a true fiscal conservative. Duncan Hunter is not.

Tom Tancredo told his constituents before he was elected to his third term that he might run for a fourth term. He basically told them that it was important that his voice as a leader in the fight against illegal immigration continue to remain in Congress. He was easily re-elected to a third term and a fourth term. You say that it brings his integrity into question. The people of his district that continue to re-elect him disagree with you.

The subject of the situation with regard to Vietnam was used by his primary opponents when he was elected to Congress in 1998. The Republicans that voted in that 1998 primary rejected those attacks upon Tom Tancreo and made him their nominee for an open seat. Democrats have used that argument against Tom in elections since 1998 and it has been rejected by the voters of Colorado's sixth Congressional district each and every time.

Tom Tancrdo would be a great commander-in-chief. He has the support of many veterans.

No person in the United States Congress is more dedicated to stopping illegal immigration than Tom Tancredo.

I will not be voting for Duncan Hunter in the primary. I don't agree with Duncan Hunter's vote to allow businesses to lay off American workers to make room for foreign workers and I want a true fiscal conservative as president.

April

Re: Duncan Hunter

Duncan Hunter has a good record on some issues.

However, there are some specific reasons why he is not my first choice.

In 1996, Duncan Hunter voted to support the continuation of a guestworker program for foreign nurses. I disagree with Duncan Hunter's vote to bring more more foreign nurses into this country as guestworkers. I support the proposition that there are more than enough Americans trained in nursing to do the job if the pay and working conditions are appropriate

In 1998, Duncan Hunter voted to allow firms to lay off Americans
    to make room for foreign workers.
    Duncan Hunter voted against legislation that would have forbidden U.S. firms from using temporary foreign workers to replace Americans. The legislation would have required U.S. firms to check a box on a form attesting that they had first sought an American worker for the job.

For the first session of the 109th Congress that met in 2005, Duncan Hunter received a grade of "C+" and a score of "56%" from the National Taxpayers Union (NTU). On the other hand, Tom Tancredo received a grade of "A" and a score of "80%". Tom Tancredo received a a "Taxypayers Friend Award" from the NTU. Duncan Hunter did not. Tom Tancredo tied with two other representatives for the third highest score among all four hundred thirty-five representatives.

I want a true fiscal conservative as president. Tom Tancredo is a true fiscal conservative. Duncan Hunter is not.

Tom Tancredo told his constituents before he was elected to his third term that he might run for a fourth term. He basically told them that it was important that his voice as a leader in the fight against illegal immigration continue to remain in Congress. He was easily re-elected to a third term and a fourth term. You say that it brings his integrity into question. The people of his district that continue to re-elect him disagree with you.

The subject of the situation with regard to Vietnam was used by his primary opponents when he was elected to Congress in 1998. The Republicans that voted in that 1998 primary rejected those attacks upon Tom Tancreo and made him their nominee for an open seat. Democrats have used that argument against Tom in elections since 1998 and it has been rejected by the voters of Colorado's sixth Congressional district each and every time.

Tom Tancrdo would be a great commander-in-chief. He has the support of many veterans.

No person in the United States Congress is more dedicated to stopping illegal immigration than Tom Tancredo.
    VERY Good points!

More reading on Tom and Duncan at these links including controversies they have faced during their political careers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Tancredo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Hunter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast