Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Man's vote may have cost him chance at US citizenship

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Man's vote may have cost him chance at US citizenship

Man's vote may have cost him chance at US citizenship

Updated: 5:59 PM EST Nov 29, 2016
    Barry Simms
    I-Team Reporter

DUNDALK, Md.What a Dundalk man who has lived in the U.S. for 47 years did on Election Day may cost him his dream.

Marcelino Vilcarino Sr., 71, knows he came extremely close to becoming a U.S. citizen, but now, that's in limbo and he might have to start the process all over again.

The retired cook worked at a restaurant in Little Italy for 25 years.

He is not an undocumented immigrant, he is a permanent resident who arrived in the U.S. from Peru in 1969. He even got drafted to fight in Vietnam.

His dream is to become a U.S. citizen. He has already paid the $680 application fee.

On Election Day, he went to the polls.

"I like (Donald) Trump. I vote for Trump," Vilcarino said.

The problem is that as a permanent resident, he has no right to vote.

He learned that the day after the election, during an immigration meeting.

"She said, 'Can I ask you a question?' I said, 'Yes.' She said, 'You vote?' I said, 'Yes.'" Vilcarino said.

The process stopped immediately. In a withdrawal letter, Valcarino stated, "I want to withdraw my application, because I made a mistake. I get information about my polling place every four years, and I've never voted before, but yesterday was the very first time I voted. I thought that because I had put in my N-400 application, I could vote. I didn't know it was a false claim of being a U.S. citizen."

"I said, 'Why did you vote? All the years you've been here, had a voter card, why now? Why would you vote now?'" Marcelino Vilcarino Jr. said.

Vilcarino Sr. started receiving voter registration cards in 2000 after registering his car with the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration. He said he never voted before because he didn't know where to go. In November, a neighbor took him.

"I ask my neighbor, I say, 'You think I can vote?' He says, 'Yeah,'" Vilcarino Sr. said.

"This one hiccup. Had he had the meeting on Monday and they granted him citizenship and he voted on Tuesday, everything would have been fine. But because his meeting was on Wednesday, now they're saying it's an issue," Vilcarino Jr. said.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service told the 11 News I-Team, "If a person is in the citizenship process and voted, it could potentially impact becoming a citizen."

Vilcarino Sr. said he is concerned, but not worried.

"I'm lucky. Plus, I believe in God. Something will happen," Vilcarino Sr. said.

The State Prosecutor's Office said that if a complaint is filed, "We would investigate and, if appropriate, it's possible he could face charges. We have to establish if there is criminal intent."

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/japan-...censes/8376778

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They should charge ALL who have voted illegally! If he has been here 47 years he should know darn well he can't vote.

Yeah, makes you wonder why he went to the news about it, but I'm glad he did, it proves non-citizens can get away with voting in US elections.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It you cannot even follow the laws when you are not a citizen why should we let you become a citizen??? Idiot !!!
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This guy thought he could vote and get away with it like all of the illegal immigrants voting for Hillary. He should be charged and if convicted deported from the United States immediately as an example to all others that would violate our sacrosanct ballot boxes.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK, I'm a cynic and always 'walk around a news story'.

The media wants to make everyone think not all 'non-citizens'
    who voted are bad guys. Just good guys who really want to vote for Trump?

Stories come out about illegals voting so the media puts this out to make everyone think it is just a harmless thing?

I remember years, and years, ago when people complained about welfare and the 'welfare queens'. The government would find some woman they could nitpick and find something wrong, some little thing, and make a big case out of it. Usually, the person had true need, just not actually, legally qualified, or maybe was lacking some paper work. They would, or course, notify the media before it was done. The law is the law, but these stories are sometimes planted for a reason.

Yes, one day, he was wrong and I agree - but I think this is a story put out for a reason.