Nicholas Samuel Published 8:06 p.m. ET Jan. 13, 2017 | Updated 3 hours ago

MARTIN COUNTY — Sheriff William Snyder will travel with deputies to assist with security at Donald Trump's presidential inauguration parade in Washington, D.C., Snyder said.

They will be among 3,200 law enforcement members and 7,000 national guardsmen at the inauguration Jan. 20.

Deputies will head to Washington on Jan. 18, Sheriff's spokeswoman Christine Christofek said. The number of deputies who will attend the inauguration parade was not released for security reasons, according to the Sheriff's Office's Facebook page.

A portion of the 2˝-mile-long parade route will be assigned to Martin County deputies for security, Snyder said. Deputies won't be at Trump's swearing-in ceremony at the U.S. Capitol building.

Snyder said this is the first presidential inauguration the Sheriff's Office will attend. The Sheriff's Office was invited by the White House because it developed a rapid deployment force in 2016 under national protocol by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, he said.

"I'm going because it's a great learning experience, and I want to be with my men in case there's trouble," Snyder said.

On Jan. 19, deputies will receive training by D.C. police and will be sworn in by U.S. Marshals to provide the security, Snyder said. Deputies will return on Jan. 21.

The Sheriff's Office will be fully reimbursed by the federal government for all expenses, Snyder said. No other Treasure Coast agencies are attending the inauguration.

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/loc...tion/96563308/