Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mass. gov.-elect says no to trooper pact

By GLEN JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer
    1 hour, 57 minutes ago

BOSTON - Gov.-elect Deval Patrick said Thursday he will rescind a new agreement between the state and federal authorities that allows State Police troopers to arrest illegal immigrants.

The incoming governor said he believes the troopers have enough to do already without having to also enforce the nation's immigration laws.

"If I have that power, I'm going to rescind that agreement," Patrick, a Democrat, told reporters. "I do believe I have that power."

On Dec. 13, Republican Gov. Mitt Romney signed an agreement with federal authorities allowing troopers to arrest and seek deportation of suspected illegal aliens they encountered during their normal duties.

Under the terms of the deal with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, an initial group of 30 troopers was to receive five weeks of specialized training next year, paid by the federal government.

Romney, a potential candidate for president in 2008, said at the time: "The scope of our nation's illegal immigration problem requires us to pursue and implement new solutions wherever possible."

The change marks the second split with the Romney administration in two days. On Wednesday, Patrick said he cannot support a plan to remove tolls on the western portion of the Massachusetts Turnpike.

Patrick takes office Jan. 4.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061221/ap_ ... mmigration

Is there no end to the length some of our elected officals will go to in order to protect illegal aliens

Well I personally don't see. If the House and Senate of the State passed that and the Governor at that time signs it. I don't see anyway he could cancel it. It would have to go back to the house and Senate again as another bill.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen
    Is there no end to the length some of our elected officals will go to in order to protect illegal aliens
    NOPE
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

What can you expect: the home state of "Giveum Amnesty" Kennedy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"If I have that power, I'm going to rescind that agreement," Patrick, a Democrat, told reporters. "I do believe I have that power."
    WHO is this guy working for? He's ready to spend his one hour with the devil.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones
    WHO is this guy working for? He's ready to spend his one hour with the devil.
    he is working for the president of mexico and all the illegal invaders he can send us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We are doomed in MA. He can't wait to give the all drivers licenses too.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

This is really is typical. Politicians selling this country out.

Now I'm not trying to sound ugly to the folks of MA but is there one Representative that is against illegal immigrations in MA ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast