Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

May I Have $5.00, Please ?

Last weekend I joined our kids in a fund raiser for the football team. In a matter of three hours we had $180.00 with only three people working together, and what they were selling was pretty useless.

I have been thinking about something. Trying to raise money for Jim Gilchrist. Can you imagine having a car wash for say, $5.00 a car with a bunch of teenagers? Now picture this. With a sign by the road saying:

"CAR WASH $5.00. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO JIM GILCHRIST FOR CONGRESS. FOUNDER OF THE MINUTE MAN PROJECT.

It would be the "FOUNDER OF THE MINUTE MAN PROJECT" that would have everyone knowing who it was, and making U-turns left and right.

I have already checked with a couple of service stations. Wish me luck on this. It won't be possible this week end due to rain, but it could happen next week end. I'd appreciate some ideas on how much to charge. People will pay a lot for the RIGHT cause. You know there will be some who will want to donate much more than $5.00 for this cause. I feel sure that we would be handed tens and twenty's left and right. Thoughts and opinions, please!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm 18, and in school we did car washes for everything... I'm in Arizona for college but went to High School in Texas... alot of young people support the anti-illegal immigration movement very strongly, suprisingly a general statement I heard alot was close to "If the federal government will not protect Texas, Texas should leave the Union"... I think if it can get organized it would work, but with such a short election season I dont see it working...
    YOU got to SCREAM TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! AND I WON'T STOP SCREAMING UNTIL MINE IS HEARD!

I have done car washes and found them very effective in raising cash. We just asked people to make a doantion of any size. No one gave under $5.00. Imagine if all of the MM projects that have sprung up across the country ran a car was for several weekends....

I dont know if you should have signs that say Minutmen or not because it could bring troublemakers.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Oh my gosh, we could BUY our country back in one weekend, JP!!

Well, we are going to WIN our country back, nonetheless, it is going to take "fund raisers", done by the American people to raise the cash that we will need to put decent, strong, and wise Americans into office. We might as well face it. We are going to have to go out on a limb and either commit some money, or get our hands all soapy and do it that way.

I believe JP, that Americans around the country are ready to do one or the other or even both. I think every American who is now awake (which seems to be getting well into the millions) knows that quite honestly, if we want to secure our country, culture and language, it's going to have to be now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeR
    suprisingly a general statement I heard alot was close to "If the federal government will not protect Texas, Texas should leave the Union"...
    those are my sentiments exactly!!! the one purpose of the federal government was to protect the States and their citizens from "foreign invasions" --- that it has failed to do . . . on top of that, we've got courts setting illegals free because they say "immigration" is a federal matter! Every state was guaranteed a republic form of government and there is NOTHING in the Constitution that says a state has to become a victim of the federal government . . .

talk of secession and Confederate Battle Flags SHOULD get the attention of Congress and the President PDQ
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

LegalUSCitizen,
    We definitely need the $ to win back our country. I am not afraid of a little soapy water as well. Now I know how to fund my own campaign in the future.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

talk of secession and Confederate Battle Flags SHOULD get the attention of Congress and the President PDQ
    I dont like the idea of using confederate flags, they have a very bad sterotype against them (i was born a yankee and i dont like them) I think we should fly other flags from the Texas Revolution, or possibly make a new one... but we definatly need to bring up the idea of secession, which might happen (see my war of the americas topic)
    YOU got to SCREAM TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! AND I WON'T STOP SCREAMING UNTIL MINE IS HEARD!

NO!

No, you can't have 5 bucks. I need it for my next gallon of gas.

Bake sale/ car wash for Constitutional Freedom, HOW PATHETIC!

If we are to collect money to have those we have "elected" to encourage them to support and defend the Constitution and our laws, and honor their OATH, well then, in this writers opinion we are DONE!! Stick a fork in it.

Bake sales for Freedom, that is the Mark of Greatness to be sure. I mock it openly, as we spend our way to a 600 billion dollar deficit. I don't think people are getting it.

Sure would make great TV time though on fox snooze! cheers glenn

Well, Glenn, I am just one single American wife and mother, and if I were a millioniare it would all be so easy to do my part. But our family can donate as much as we can afford and then if we have to resort to such things as a car wash, well by golly that's fine. I will do what it takes for my country.

And seriously, Glenn, you know there will be the big contributors to the Gilchrist and Tancredo campaigns, but what would you suggest? Should I do nothing, and hope for the best?

Another thing Glenn, something as seemingly silly as a car wash for the purpose of supporting our efforts for this tremendous problem in America, would help very much by bringing attention to the need to step up in my little neighborhood. It's just one little neighborhood Glenn, but America is made up of millions of little neighborhoods where the people need to take action.

Never underestimate the spirit of Americans, Glenn. During WWII, when we were busy helping Germany rid themselves of one of the cruelest dictators of all time (remember?), wives and mothers were busy doing all sorts of things to support the effort. Many people are alive today, who might never have even been born, were it not for the spirit and willingness of the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeR
    I dont like the idea of using confederate flags, they have a very bad sterotype against them (i was born a yankee and i dont like them) I think we should fly other flags from the Texas Revolution, or possibly make a new one... but we definatly need to bring up the idea of secession, which might happen (see my war of the americas topic)
    why do you oppose the Confederate Flag? . . . it was the flag of ALL the "states" not one state . . . and why the flag of the Texas Revolution . . . what is it's history?
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast