Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think a car wash is a good idea...it's patriotic, it's involved, it might involve others...they might bother to ask questions while their car was being washed...they might find this website...they might join in the fight...

You're definitely a patriot...keep thinking and keep working...you're my kinda gal...I mean...Gilchrist thought at one time that his border watching idea would be a flop...'might get 15 people' was his projection...

So, whatever you've dreamed up, good for you....way to go...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

I like it!

It is way to let people get involved and feel that they can do something! I think a lot of people would do more if they knew what was happening (I did not have a clue what was happening in this country until a year ago)and this would be a great way to get the information out there!

I also think that you would not have to worry about adverstising to much because I think the media would love this!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeR
    talk of secession and Confederate Battle Flags SHOULD get the attention of Congress and the President PDQ
    I dont like the idea of using confederate flags, they have a very bad sterotype against them (i was born a yankee and i dont like them) I think we should fly other flags from the Texas Revolution, or possibly make a new one... but we definatly need to bring up the idea of secession, which might happen (see my war of the americas topic)
    why do you oppose the Confederate Flag? . . . it was the flag of ALL the "states" not one state . . . and why the flag of the Texas Revolution . . . what is it's history?
    I think the Confederate flag would turn off many blacks, and northerners... I grew up in Philly and with a distaste for the confederate flag, even though i support states rights... its more of a cultural thing which is why I think we need a new flag to unite people like the flags of old have done... I personally fly the Gadsen from the american revolution but i like The Gonzales "come and take it" flag, etc just symbols of defiance against mexico... But I think we need a new rallying flag...
    YOU got to SCREAM TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! AND I WON'T STOP SCREAMING UNTIL MINE IS HEARD!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeR
    I think the Confederate flag would turn off many blacks, and northerners... I grew up in Philly and with a distaste for the confederate flag, even though i support states rights... its more of a cultural thing which is why I think we need a new flag to unite people like the flags of old have done... I personally fly the Gadsen from the american revolution but i like The Gonzales "come and take it" flag, etc just symbols of defiance against mexico... But I think we need a new rallying flag...

Former NAACP President H.K. Egerton said

"They see that flag and someone says slavery and it all falls apart and they think of Southern Christian white folks as being evil."

"We can't let the stars and stripes get away that easy. Never were the stars and bars flag flown over a slave ship. And you want to know why? Because it's a Christian Battle Flag that was emulated after St. Andrew, Jesus Christ's first disciple. In 69 A.D. in Petro, Greece -- now a part of Russia -- St. Andrew was jailed because of his teaching and preaching of Jesus Christ, his Lord and Master, and he was told he was going to be crucified on the cross. He begged that persecutor not to nail him to that Latin cross in the shape of "T" because he was not worthy of being punished the way Jesus Christ had been nailed. So he begged to be tied in an X-shape to the cross and the persecutor did what he asked him to. That X is a Greek symbol to CH, the first two letters in Christ's name. When St. Andrew was on the cross he continued his teaching of Christ and all the folks started believing him and for three days he remained on that cross teaching and after three days they begged the persecutor to take him down and when he did, St. Andrew came down off that cross and died, and he became a martyr and a saint.

"When (Civil War Confederate ) General Beaureguard decided they needed another flag, he chose the cross of St. Andrew for these reasons. Most Southerners, in fact, did not want to do away with the stars and stripes because they didn't feel they had done anything wrong. They thought it was the north who was eradicating the Constitution.

"And as for President Lincoln, our American hero, who signed the Emancipation Proclamation. In march of 1861 Abraham Lincoln called all those black leaders in his office and he told them -- Even if I set you free you'll be inferior. You need to get out of the country because I will colonize you. Lincoln proposed the 13th Amendment, being the only President ever to do so. That amendment said Congress would never have the power to interrupt an institution of state. He told the southerners they could keep the slaves if they paid the North a 42% tariff. The South agreed to a 10% tariff but not 42%. So, who I am supposed to blame the institution of slavery on?"

"At that time, one of the richest men in the world, John D. Rothchild told his family to put all their money into the Confederacy and described Lincoln as a crook. He said the slaves in the south were better off than the slaves in the north who had to work for next to nothing in the cotton mills.

"The attack on the Confederacy doesn't get the attention it deserves. These blacks today have no idea what took place back then. (Blacks) earned a place of dignity in that war. If it wasn't for Africans that war would have lasted four days, not four years. We made all of the implements of war, we fought, we participated -- not one slave insurrection happened during that period of time. They did not have whips and guns forcing them to be there. God and his infinite wisdom brought these people here. He brought about a love between master and slave that has never happened before. If you search this empirically then you will know the only one who cared about the African was the man in the south. But we don't want to face that.

"Bill Clinton's apology to (the black race) doesn't mean a thing to me. If Bill Clinton was any kind of a man he would march right down to the Education Secretary and demand that we start telling the truth to all about our history. If there are any apologies to be given, it is me. I need to apologize for walking away from the Christians in the South because I was lied to. Even the NAACP is not a black run operation. The national board is run by white liberals and Jews and I question their motives.

"Those who know their history know that we walked away from the war with dignity. But we took the loyalty we gave to the white man and started believing the lies of the North and now people are believing this madness. But even if you pull this flag from every flag pole and stand in the south you can't pull it from the hearts of the Christians in the south. If you speak to any blacks in the south my age or older you will find out that most of them had kinship to Confederate Veterans. The more who search their backbone will find out they were a part of this. They want to think they were beaten into this. Wrong. That's not how it happened.

"Times have changed. In the old south a young man would have never approached an old gray-haired man like myself. We've gotten away from that. Had we been left alone by the northern carpet-baggers, we would be better off.

"Now I have to watch the Cuban flag flying in land we used to have and know that they can live in Florida without ever speaking English. And I have to hear John Rocker get off the subway in New York and not even know where he is. Well, come get me John Rocker because I don't know where we are either and I want to know.

"My fight for my people continues. In all my speeches, I say -- Don't hurt my people, forgive them. We just don't know. -- I grew up with the same lies, claiming that Lincoln liberated and saved me. What a crock. All we have to do is think about this thing and search out the truth. I would encourage all my African-American friends to go to Southern Confederate Veterans' meetings and they will be greeted open-armed. The only day we will truly be free is when H.K. Edgerton walks out his door and every African-American is holding a Confederate Flag and I will say one thing - Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Praise God, Hallelujah.

"Not one time did Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. put down the Confederate Flag. He wanted blacks and whites to sit and eat together. I asked Dr. Young, one of King's closest friends, what his feelings were about that flag. He said, Leave it alone. Let's do something about the things we can do something about, like our children selling drugs on the street. King could never have brought us all together the way he did if he had put down the (Confederate) Flag.

"At first, I was confused by the NAACP putting down the flag, but they just don't know. I just don't want my people lied to. I hate to see them led down the path of hate. They're in the wrong ball game. There was a Machiavellian view in the North - they are different from the south. The bottom line is, if I would have had a choice back then I would have stayed in the South. If the Southern man set a man free he gave them land and a home. The North did not give them anything. You don't set a man free in the woods without anything.

"But people don't realize this. One time when I was holding the stars and bars on the street, a black man with dreadlocks told me what I was doing was wrong, and then he called to his white girlfriend and their child across the street. Now, tell me that man is not confused.

"It was the wealthy African leaders who sold the poorer Africans to the slave traders. Blacks want to speak of their African heritage, when it was their heritage who sold them out to slavery. Furthermore, it is not uncommon for blacks today to follow the Muslim religion, and Muslims practice slavery today. But no one wants to talk about that."
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

what to do

Well I guess that the prospect of doing somthing even if it won't work is the way Americans absolve themselves from blame or responsibility for the problems this Country faces. I'm not just considering II(Illegal immigration). It's the totality of the crisis this country faces.

Unpopular war in Iraq
    Unpopular war on civil rights
    Unpopular war on drugs
    Unpopular war on immigration
    Unpopular war on trade commitments
    Unpopular war on the Constituiton
    Unpopular war on poverty
    Unpopular war on property rights
    Unpopular war on We the People.

Just plain unpopular, you get the picture, no car wash is going to fix it!

Here's an idea, it would require UNITY, that we don't have yet, taking care of those that would be damaged by the event, and recognizing that for truth, after 8 years of clinton and 5 years of bush, "they" people "representing" us;

DON'T and HAVEN'T.

GENERAL STRIKE!

The truckers are ready, we have to be ready to offer total support. Of course you are going to have to consider your personal economics and the instability that this may effect. Maybe the corporations you work for punish you, and fire you. You would have to be prepared.

Now with people losing their jobs to II and outsourcing the "bake sale" solution weighs in.....gas a 3 bucks a gallon and the lowest saving rate in America ever!!! Now it is even harder. The fascists(corporatists) that run our government have YOU right where they want you, because the majoraty of americans are gutless, and can only think of themselves. So they know that resistance, if any, will be marginal.

And many Americans think the French are lame. They have this ability, General Strike, have exercised it, and brought their government and corporations to their KNEES more than once!

It would be a great time to Bum around, drink beer and wine in the traditions of our Founding Fathers, while learning some compassion for our fellow Americans.

Since we are Americans we could add barbeques to the barricades.

Tough stuff, huh? Bake away!!!! I'd love to be wrong. cheers glenn

Re: what to do

Quote Originally Posted by naturalglenn
    The truckers ready, we have to be ready to offer total support. Of course you are going to have to consider your personal economics and the instability that this may effect. Maybe the corporations you work for punish you, and fire you. You would have to be prepared.

. . .
    It would be a great time to Bum around, drink beer and wine in the traditions of our Founding Fathers, while learning some compassion for our fellow Americans.

Since we are Americans we could add barbeques to the barricades.

Tough stuff, huh? Bake away!!!! I'd love to be wrong. cheers glenn
    I'm not sure what you're advocating
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I still think we should fly a newly designed flag... like an Erin Go Bragh for Anti-illegal immigration...
    YOU got to SCREAM TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! AND I WON'T STOP SCREAMING UNTIL MINE IS HEARD!

A Northerner has a problem with the Stars and Bars? Just remember if it were not for the last invasion, North Carolinians and many other southerners would not have been fighting under it. I agree another flag should be used. Maybe someone here could come up with a great design.

yep.

Lets talk about flags... yeah, that'll solve everything. glenn

I do not think anyone here is saying it will solve anything. It is just a symbol for the cause.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast