Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

General Strike

It is no surprise to me that Americans have little concept of the idea of General Strike. Too individualistic, you see, and that is our undoing. Divide and Conquer is the rule of tyrants.

General Strike, like it sounds, is when the majoraty of everyone in the money makin trades and services just quit until the corporations or government that is screwing them, says Uncle.

The essential services like hospitals, cops, garbagemen etc. stay at work, unless they are being screwed and then everyone stands with them while they do their jobs.

Usually takes less than a month. Probably less now with margins being as skinny as they are for big business. It is a common European practise, so effective the threat of it alone gets the abusers on the straight and narrow. It takes guts. It takes UNITY AND SOLIDARITY!

It also takes a productive economy. We may starve in a general strike. Hmm.. this is how compromised we are.

Let's have a "bake sale/car wash" flag. "Don't tread on my escalade", or perhaps "Unity through cookies". cheers glenn

Quote Originally Posted by MikeR
    I still think we should fly a newly designed flag... like an Erin Go Bragh for Anti-illegal immigration...
    A non-profit organization dedicated to establishing a National Irish-American Heritage Museum

The Erin Go Bragh Foundation was formed in 1999 to establish a full time National Irish-American Heritage Museum. Despite being the third largest ethnic group in America no such museum exists. We are one of the few ethnic groups without such a museum. We have made great progress. Several dozen members of Congress expressed support for the project, we received thousands of emails rooting us on and over 1260 people have sent donations totaling over $11,000.

Our goal was - and is - to establish a museum in the New York metropolitan are; home to millions of Irish-Americans and a major cultural center. However, thankfully, we are not the only group looking to establish a museum. There are at least two other organizations leaps and bounds ahead of us.

CONFEDERATES come in all COLOURS!
    http://www.thesouthernamerican.org/colour.html

and Confederates come in many ethnic groups -- they were black, white, Irish, Scottish, French, Chinese, German, Cherokee, Choctaw, Creeks, Chickasaws, Seminoles, Quapaws, Senecas, Caddos, Wichitas, Osages, and Shawnees

Judah Benjamin, a Jew, served in different times as the Attorney General, Secretary of War and Secretary of State of the Confederate States of America -- he was called "the brains of the Confederacy"

the Secretary of the Navy of the Confederate States of America, Stephen Russell Mallory was Catholic

Stand Watie, a Brigadier-General of the Confederate States of America was a Cherokee Indian who commanded the "the Cherokee Mounted Rifles" and he was the last Confederate general to surrender his arms

James Washington a Black Confederate was a 3rd Sergeant -- a non-commissioned officer of the Confederate States of America and served in Co. D 34th Texas Cavalry "Terrell’s Texas Cavalry"

in 1862, over 3000 Black Confederates served with Confederate General Stonewall Jackson at Fredericksburg, MD

Horace King, a former slave was a contractor to the Confederate Navy and became very wealthy during the 'unCivil War' because he was an expert engineer and was known as the "Bridge builder of the Confederacy"

the Confederate States of America -- a defenseless nation with no army, no navy, no warships and no treasury -- commissioned the first 'ironclad' which it salvaged from a ship which the 'federal govrenment' burned and sank

the Confederate States of America built the first submarines and torpedoes

a Black Confederate had the largest war penion of any person -- black or white -- in the state of Virginia

. . .

J.J. Johnson of the Sierra Times
    author of "I don't want to be Black Anymore" wrote

More that Just a Flag

The Honor was all mine.

There were numerous handshakes from Southern Supporters from the moment I arrived in Columbia.

I kept wondering what all the fuss over me was about.

I was simply thankful to be there.

There's no sense re-hashing what was already reported, but I will give my view on things, and let our Dixie brethren know that this battle is not over - that it has only just begun.

There are several things I'll remember the most - things that were never reported on the news. What sticks in my mind the most was this: while enjoying Southern hospitality at a friend's home I saw a calendar hung on the wall. I just couldn't stop staring at it. It was a portrait - the portrait of General Robert E. Lee on his white horse shortly after the Surrender at Appomatox.

The caption below the photo talked about how the worn and torn Southern Officers - mostly volunteers - just wanted to shake his hand, or touch the horse that took him away. I remember the faces of those men, and I remember the face of the General himself.

It was if he was looking right at me.

I began to wonder out loud, "General, why did you surrender?"

The look on his face gave me the answer. General Lee only surrendered on paper. He signed his name to avoid the ongoing slaughter of the innocent. He was a true Southern Gentleman. His men didn't surrender either. The look in Lee's face said that these men and their posterity would continue this battle - someday.

Let that day be today, Southerner.

And for the Black man today, reading this in disgust, remember this about General Lee:

His men, both Black and White stood shoulder to shoulder against aggression.

Among his army were over 97,000 men of African ancestry.

Let me say that again to make it clearer:

Over 97,000 black men sacrificed themselves under the Confederate Battle Flag against an army that was segregated by race right up until the Korean War in the 1950s.

Digest that one for a minute.

The state capitol of South Carolina was a sea of Confederate Battle flags, and I was among them - proudly. There were powerful speeches made by all. But even before my speech, one by one, men and women began to shake my hand. Even one of Columbia's State Police officers tipped his hat to me.

I saw the faces of these men again later on that night - on a calendar of a Southerner's home. These are the descendants of those warriors with the same looks on their faces.

But what stuck out in my mind the most were the press interviews afterward.

There was one in particular. One gentleman began asking the same old question ("What's a Back man like you doing in a place like this?") when I brought something to his attention:

"You're the first person to interview me with a Southern accent," I told him.

"Does it show?" he asked me with embarrassment.

Yes, America, this man from the South was ashamed of his own accent. You see, according the "the party line" - "We're all told, 'You can't make it in this [media] business with that accent'", he explained. He went on to tell me that he was working to lose it.

That conversation was, in my opinion, what all this is really about. It's more than just a flag at stake here. What's at stake is an entire culture.

In the eighties, the movie "Roots" caused many blacks families (including my own) to seek out their own "roots" or heritage in America. Although millions died in the Nazi camps in Germany, the Jewish community - even with the help of government funding, managed to preserve much of its history and
    culture.

Out here in the West, millions of dollars have been spent, publicly and privately, to dig up any remains of American Indian History. There are even laws on the book that say such history and its artifacts "must" be protected.

But in the South, in Ol' Dixieland, there is a move underway to destroy every speck of history from the people who have done more to protect their heritage and culture than any other people in this nation.

We cannot let that happen.

We MUST NOT let that happen.

It's more than just a flag, my friends.

The Confederate flag is merely a symbol those with deep Southern roots recognize. As we saw it threatened, it became a visible symbol for everyone to rally around - or rally against.

But it won't stop there.

Already, threats are being made against the State flags of Georgia and Mississippi, against the Stone Mountain Monument, and any symbol of the Confederacy that can be seen by anyone. And the enemy will not stop - until each and every memory of a time when Americans of all races stood against federal tyranny is totally wiped from the face of the earth. One organization, the Nation of Islam, has even made threats of burning down the old Capital of the Confederacy, Richmond Virginia, if the celebration of Confederate History Month is not ended. Imagine that: a threat to burn down a public building if Southerners do not kow-tow and revise their history. This is the kind of thing that makes me feel sometimes as if I'm in Soviet Russia, and the Official Propaganda Historians are busy revising history, disappearing things which happened which they don't like, and creating "history" out of lies and more lies.

General Lee, wherever you are: Your men weren't ready to surrender then, and we are not ready to surrender now.

Because of the recent falsehoods spread by a willing media about what the flag represents, the propagandists may have won a vote in the Carolina house, but they have lost the debate. The St. Andrew's cross has gone beyond a mere symbol on the South. It now represents a bold stand against federal tyranny. Not only in America either. During the fall of the Berlin wall in East Germany in the last century, among the huddled masses yearning to
    breathe free, that Ol' Confederate flag was waved amongst the German Unification flags - as a symbol of defiance to tyranny.

So today it's the flag. What's next? What will be falsely labeled the next "symbol of hate?" The Constitution? The Declaration of Independence? The English language? The Bible? I firmly believe that such will be the case, if the revisionists have their day.

The only thing needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

To those who have poisoned the meaning Southern Heritage with your lies:

Be on notice: The production and sale of Confederate Battle Flags is happening at a record pace. These flags will be flying over millions of homes and business across the America.

Be on notice: We heard all the racial slurs being hurled at the Columbia rally, and they didn't come from Confederate Flag bearers. We (and the police) know where they came from. We also heard all the threats.

Be on notice: That highly publicized boycott didn't put a dent in the South Carolina economy.

Be on notice: There are liars out there who have made a mockery of their own ancestors - the 97,000 who fought under the Confederate Battle Flag.

Be on Notice: Americans all across the nation are now finding out the truth about what happened in 1861 and beyond.

There will be more protests, more calls to legislators, more lobbying and, I predict - more civil disobedience.

In the sixties, when a group of people suffered under injustice, it took Civil Disobedience to change things - in the South.

Guess we'll have to do it again.

When a man, or a group of people, are discriminated against because of their accent, or their ancestors, or their skin color, that is, by definition, bigotry and racism, and it must not be tolerated, regardless of the race of either those who discriminate or those who are discriminated against.

The League of the South, the Sons of the Confederate Veterans, and the Daughters of the Confederacy all agree that no man should raise the first sword in anger. In this I stand firmly with them. But at the same time, I cannot morally condemn the man who stands against aggression to protect his home, his family, and his heritage. I firmly believe that every one of God's creatures has that right - and that duty.

If our ancestors were willing to sacrifice their lives to stand against federal aggression - now seen in all 50 states - should a Southern man not be willing to go to jail to protect what's true and right? Should a Southern man not be willing to be peacefully arrested in protest against the destruction of one of the most important chapters in American History? Would such a mass action by Confederate brothers of all races send a message to the world that we will not tolerate the wholesale revision of our history and the destruction of our heritage?

We shall soon see. And as I stated on the steps of the South Carolina Capitol - if such a thing happens, I may be among those who protest, and I won't be the only Black man - nor the first - to take such steps against such injustice in the South.

We must not be shaken, we must not be moved. We must be Southern Ladies and Southern Gentlemen. But as the St. Andrews cross now waves in this country as the old and new symbol against federal tyranny, so must we stand. We must stand against the lies, the threats, and what the good Dr. Hill calls "the cultural rot in America."

Southern History IS American History. Southern Heritage IS American Heritage.

And to those who hurl the racial slurs, to those who poison the truth, and to those who make threats of violence, many in the Southern Dixie Leadership won't say it, but I will.

Read my lips:

WE WILL NOT LET DIXIE BURN AGAIN.

And to that end, we pledge our Lives, our Fortunes, and our Sacred Honor.

http://www.sierratimes.com/archive/edjj041400.htm
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by THeel8
    A Northerner has a problem with the Stars and Bars? Just remember if it were not for the last invasion, North Carolinians and many other southerners would not have been fighting under it. I agree another flag should be used. Maybe someone here could come up with a great design.
    that's it in a nutshell . . . this wasn't a morale issue, but a Constitutional one . . . isn't that the VERY SAME THING we are fighting today?

I always say, if you don't learn from the past, you'll be destined to repeat it . . .
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

the erin go bragh flag has been around much longer then the foundation by the same name... "erin go bragh" (which is Anglicized) was around from at least the 1840s in that form...considering it was incorporated into the San Patricio battalion flag.

like it or not the confederate flag has a racist stigmata attached to it, even if it didnt its from over 100 years ago and is a flag of a defeated nation, we need a differnt flag... i posted some ideas in another topic, i incorporated the confederate flag as well...
    YOU got to SCREAM TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! AND I WON'T STOP SCREAMING UNTIL MINE IS HEARD!

Quote Originally Posted by naturalglenn
    Lets talk about flags... yeah, that'll solve everything. glenn
    Quote Originally Posted by THee18
    I do not think anyone here is saying it will solve anything. It is just a symbol for the cause
    the Confederate Flag is THE symbol against the tyranny of the federal government --- it is flown in countries around the world as a symbol of rebellion and freedom . . .

a flag won't solve everything, but it says alot without a word being said

food for thought

the Confederate States of America -- a defenseless nation with no army, no navy, no warships
    In all, the Pentagon plan would shut or trim 837 bases and save $49 billion over 20 years
    -- a defenseless nation with no army, no navy, no warships that is being invaded by MILLIONS of "foreign nationals"

? most all the military colleges were in the south at the time...

I think we should close are bases in Europe and elsewhere long before one closes on US soil...
    YOU got to SCREAM TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! AND I WON'T STOP SCREAMING UNTIL MINE IS HEARD!

Mamie, I am sympathetic to your position. I also love the Stars and Bars. I had many ancestors fight under that flag and I consider their cause a noble one. How many people would not fight if their homeland were invaded? MikeR is right though. That flag does have a stigma unfortunately. Too many people are ignorant about history. We need a symbol that all Americans can rally behind. MikeR, can you please post a link to your ideas?

Mamie, I am sympathetic to your position. I also love the Stars and Bars. I had many ancestors fight under that flag and I consider their cause a noble one. How many people would not fight if their homeland were invaded? MikeR is right though. That flag does have a stigma unfortunately. Too many people are ignorant about history. We need a symbol that all Americans can rally behind. MikeR, can you please post a link to your ideas?
    my ancestors were a big part of that war . . . if the "stigma" was based on truth that would be one thing, but it is ALL lies . . . the Confederates never had a policy of declaring "total war" and killing women and children like the union . . .

the federal government never wants the people -- black and white -- to be united as they were during that war . . . the Confederate flag has been demonized because they are fearful "the South will rise again"

I posted a couple I made very quickly in this topic (its in the picture worth a thousand words section)

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-8782.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast