Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DONE!

The reason I ask is I believe this number is understated.
    JUDY........you're RIGHT once again!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Con.g Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    If Sam Brownback or John McCain get the nomination in 2008, I'm going to seriously vomit.
    My reaction would be the same. However, if Cong. Tom Tancredo
    runs for president in 2008, we have an opportunity to elect a
    president who will secure and enforce our borders. Republicans
    who want our borders enforced should seriously consider supporting
    Cong. Tancredo. If Cong. Tancredo seeks the Republican presidential
    nomination in 2008, I will give him all the support I can.

I think we should have a "to do" list for each day posted clearly. In order to accomplish it we could put two things a day. For example:

Monday (holiday) Fax about MCain-Kennedy Bill through our fax sites, and
    pass on via email or phone to as many Americans as
    you can.

Tuesday Call about the Flag in Oregon

Somedays we will have more than two things, depending on what needs to be done. But at least we could stay organized and have target goals
    It also enables us to reach out to America and get them acting in concert with us. I think it would improve effectiveness. It also lets newcomers take action immediately.

Judy, could William give us a permanent thread for this? It would have to be updated, and kept short, precise and clear. We wouldn't post comments there. I know William is at the Summit, and I don't want to disturb him tomorrow. I'm sure he has his hands full. We could each get assigned one day per month to be responsible for updating it. We could do it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If Mr. Tancredo runs, we will be sending a serious and big message. We have a chance to change the course of the country and it is litterly wavering at this point between open borders and closed border.

He stands for something.. and the fact that he is there is saying something people are watching. All republicans don't particularly support open border, and open border create significant problems which the United States is seeing now. We already have something with his presence... but we really need the gold ring.

We need a parallel push. We need a referendum on immigration. We do NOT want the immigration position of Congress, nor do most Americans. But every day that issue is stalled, more and more illegal aliens arrive with phony Identification..and vote against us. And anyone who thinks they do not vote needs to look at the Los Angeles Mayors race.

tms

Well said Judy...

tms---why do you think it will be up to 12,000,000 illegal aliens legalized?
    I haven't really looked at the numbers in the bill, I just know that there are more illegal aliens here in The USA than the research indicates and look at how many they are, I see them everywhere. More are coming. I can't find any numbers or research but I bet Frosty could and knows, I can't get on his website? google search is not help. So possible with the following info this is where the 12,000,000 came from, note 2001 and we are in 2005 so if 5000 or 10000 are coming over daily x 365 days a year well that's close right? WE NEED TO STOP THIS NOW

Center for Immigration Studies
    October 24, 2001

'CENSUS BUREAU: 8 Million illegal aliens in 2000'
    For Immediate Release

WASHINGTON (October 24, 2001) -- When the Census Bureau announced its decision last week concerning statistical adjustments to the 2000 Census, it also released, virtually unnoticed, its estimate that 8 million illegal aliens live in the United States. This number, larger than might have been expected from earlier estimates by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), is especially troubling given the role failures in immigration control played in September's terrorist attacks.

The findings indicate that during the 1990s the illegal population grew by roughly half a million a year. We know this because a draft report given to the House immigration subcommittee by the INS estimated that the illegal population was 3.5 million in 1990 (http://wwwa.house.gov/lamarsmith/INSreport.pdf, see page 16). For the illegal population to have reached 8 million by 2000, the net increase had to be 400,000 to 500,000 per year during the 1990s. Moreover, a net increase of this size implies that the total flow of new illegals entering each year must be more than 700,000, because the INS estimates that several hundred thouand illegals return home each year or receive legal status as part of the normal "legal" immigration process.

The Census Bureau report with the estimated size of the illegal population can be found at http://www.census.gov/dmd/www/ReportRec2.htm (Appendix A of Report 1 contains the estimates). Other implications of the new Census Bureau estimates:

* The Census Bureau's estimates clearly demonstrate that amnesties don't solve the problem of illegal immigration. Although 2.7 million of the estimated 5 million illegal aliens living in the country in 1986 were given amnesty (legal permanent residence), the new estimates indicate that they have been entirely replaced by new illegal aliens and that by last year the illegal population was 3 million larger than before the last amnesty.

* Although the INS has very serious shortcomings, it is not responsible for this situation. Instead, the problem lies with Congress and previous administrations, Democratic and Republican. All have failed to provide the money or political support the INS needed to enforce the ban on hiring illegals, to track down those who overstay their visas (as was the case with several of the terrorists), and to adequately guard all parts of the nation's land borders.

"These new estimates have enormous implications for the security of our nation," said Steven A. Camarota, director of research at the Center for Immigration Studies. "If a Mexican day laborer can sneak across the border, so can an al Qaeda terrorist. While the vast majority of illegals are not terrorists, the fact that hundreds of thousands of people are able to settle in the United States illegally each year indicates that terrorists who wish to do so face few obstacles. We can't protect ourselves from terrorism without dealing with illegal immigration, and selective enforcement would be both immoral and ineffective."

Since the terrorist threat comes almost exclusively from foreign-born individuals, immigration enforcement must be a central part of efforts to reduce the likelihood of future attacks. In fact, according to INS commissioner James Ziglar, at least three of the terrorists who carried out the attacks of September 11 were illegal aliens, and the INS has no information at all on several others. In addition to concerns over terrorism, the huge number of illegal aliens living in the country also has significant implications for public services as well as for the job prospects of low-wage Americans in the current economic downturn.

Census Bureau Methodology: The Bureau found 8.7 million foreign-born individuals in the 2000 Census who appeared not to have legal status. However, because records for some legal immigrants are not available from the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), the Bureau estimates that 1.7 million of the 8.7 million already had legal status or were likely to gain it soon. If these individuals are excluded, then 7 million illegals were counted in 2000. The Census Bureau also estimates that roughly 1 million illegal aliens were likely missed in last year's count, meaning that the total illegal population stood at 8 million in 2000.

Also in the new report on immigrants in the 2000 census:

* The total foreign-born or immigrant population (including legal and most illegal immigrants) grew enormously, from 19.8 million in 1990 to 31.1 million in 2000.

* The 11.3 million or 57 percent increase in the total foreign-born population in just one decade is almost without precedent in American history both numerically and proportionately. Even during the great wave of immigration from 1900 to 1910, the foreign-born population grew by only 3.2 million or 31 percent, from 10.3 million to 13.5 million.

* The immigrant population more than tripled in size during the last three decades, from 9.6 million in 1970 to 31.1 million in 2000.

With regard to the overall size of the foreign-born population, the figures released by the Census Bureau indicate that we are currently in the midst of an enormous social experiment. "No nation in history has every attempted to incorporate and assimilate 31 million newcomers into its society," Camarota said. "And the experiment is by no means over. If policy remains unchanged, at least 13 million legal and illegal immigrants will likely settle in the United States over the next ten years."
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

Tom Tancredo recognizes the number one problem facing America. He is willing to do something about it, and that is what makes him stand out from his colleagues. I think he has a good chance to become President when this is all said and done.

Below is a biography about him. It doesn't sound as though he is a multi-millionaire or billionaire which is a breath of fresh air for America. Maybe he is, but his background sounds more like a middle class America success story. Next post is a brief biography which I found on a congressional website.

Tom Tancredo, a lifelong Coloradan and native of Denver, represents Colorado’s 6th Congressional district. The Littleton-based district stretches across Douglas County, much of Jefferson County, Evergreen in the mountains, and portions of Park County in the west. To the east, the district encompasses parts of Arapahoe County and Elbert County.

Tom is a school teacher by trade; and taught for several years at Drake Junior High before serving in the Colorado Legislature and Reagan and Bush Education Departments. He also headed up the Independence Institute, a libertarian think tank in based in Golden, prior to being elected to Congress in 1998.

He is a member of both the House International Relations and Resources Committees. After completing his second term, Tom was also selected by the House Republican leadership to serve as a member of the House Budget Committee, which writes the annual fiscal blueprint for Congress. He is also the chairman of the 70-member bipartisan House Immigration Reform Caucus.

Tom and his wife Jackie have been married since 1977. They have two children, Ray and Randy; and three grandchildren, Thomas, William, and Gabriel. When Tom is not in Washington, you can usually find him either hunting pheasants, or with his grandsons, building trains, racing cars, riding bikes, or playing ball.

Tom is a graduate of the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley.

tms

click here to see how he voted, cosponsorships, and other immigration actions during his career in Congress http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfil ... &VIPID=146

and a little more:

http://tancredo.house.gov/abouttom.asp?about=1

"As part of my effort to draw attention to the immigration crisis facing America, I secured House passage of legislation to redesignate the visitor's center at the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument in Arizona as the "Kris Eggle Visitor's Center". Kris was murdered in August of 2002 in a shootout with illegal aliens.

I fought to prevent illegal aliens from obtaining driver's licenses, and introduced legislation to cut off the flow of federal highway funds to states like California that grant illegal aliens driver's licenses.

As a member of the House budget committee, I fought for fiscal sanity in Washington, voting against over $100 billion in federal spending this year alone and opposing runaway farm subsidies. I also personally led efforts on the House floor to reduce funding for wasteful bureaucracies like the National Endowment for the Arts and Amtrak, and to cut off funding to municipalities and states that put the rest of America at risk by harboring illegal aliens and refusing to cooperate with federal law enforcement and immigration authorities.

I fought to bring attention to the Mexican government's push to have the matricula consular card accepted throughout the United States. I offered amendments on the topic to prevent the Mexican Government from pressuring our local governments to accept the card. I also introduced legislation to invalidate regulations drafted by the Treasury Department that permit its acceptance, endangering our national security. I also introduced legislation prohibiting the acceptance of this illegal alien ID card for public benefits.

I tried to address the problems with several different temporary visa programs, in particular, the H category. I called attention to the abuses of the H1-B program and even introduced legislation to end the H1-B program, which has contributed to unemployment among American tech workers.

The Immigration Reform Caucus and I created a forum for the 9/11 Families for Secure America. The forum provided an opportunity for family members of those killed in the 9/11 attacks to speak out on how they believe our lax immigration policies, and poor enforcement has made America vulnerable to terrorist attacks.

I fought to prevent illegal aliens from obtaining driver's licenses, and introduced legislation to cut off the flow of federal highway funds to states like California that grant illegal aliens driver's licenses."

tms

Please vote for Tom in a blog on-line presidential poll that can be accessed by using the following link: www.2008politicalperspective.blogspot.com . Please tell other Tancredo supporters about the poll. (state is wrong CO not TN)

A Tancredo for President 2008 on-line store has been established and can be accessed by using the following link: www.tancredostore.com . Please tell other Tancredo supporters about the store.

If you order thirty dollars ($30) or more between now and June 14, 2005, please use coupon code GRDAD05 to take ten dollars ($10) off the cost of your order. Feel free to pass along this coupon code to others.

I cast my vote for Tom. He's currently in second place behind some guy named Governor Huckabee from Arizona. Anybody know what Huck's position is re illegal immigration?

By the way, Senor McCain is fading fast. I heard this woman talk show host on this rightwing radio station mocking the guy, mocking him for even THINKING he has a chance for a presidential bid in 2006. Even the Republicans hate this guy now. What does he think the Dems think of him? This guy McCain is so dumb -- he's spent so much time listening to nothing but the in-bred, in-crowd inside the Beltway, and the liberal media elites that he thinks are going to turn him into a "beloved stateman" -- that he obviously hasn't been listening to what the PEOPLE think of him. Senor McCain is in for a big surprise. His career is finished. I don't think these hack politicians have caught on yet that the American people are enraged, we've had enough, and we've had more than enough of HIM. Adios, Senor McCain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast