Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well, for this "sequence" to occur (a real secured border, employee verification system, then a "final" amnesty which Hedgecock seems to agree with at least in principle) and actually work, this process would take a long time -- at least several years but probably longer -- to institute the verification system, crack down on employers that still flout the law (which McCain seems reluctant to do), station more Guard troops on the border, complete the fence etc. -- in other words put all the infrastructure, bureaucracy and resources in place --and most importantly to convince the American people that the federal government is finally serious about permanently securing the border.

But this will be very difficult (but not impossible of course) for the government to do even if there was the political will to do this (which McCain does not have). We are seeing how the OBL screams, protests and litigates about the sporadic, tentative enforcement that is going on now. It's fairly obvious based on a close reading of McCain's recent statements and his history that he wants a quick claim of a "secured border" so he can push and lobby for a mass amnesty

This is why I oppose McCain's plan, even with a sequence of a politicized claim of "border secured" by border governors first.

And BearFlag is right, we were promised no more amnesties in 1986, and here we go again. We have to stick to enforcement of laws and attrition as the primary and humane way to deal with the IAs who are here. Secure borders and respect for the rule of law must not be held hostage to and connected with amnesty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Well, for this "sequence" to occur (a real secured border, employee verification system, then a "final" amnesty which Hedgecock seems to agree with at least in principle) and actually work, this process would take a long time -- at least several years but probably longer -- to institute the verification system, crack down on employers that still flout the law (which McCain seems reluctant to do), station more Guard troops on the border, complete the fence etc. -- in other words put all the infrastructure, bureaucracy and resources in place --and most importantly to convince the American people that the federal government is finally serious about permanently securing the border.

But this will be very difficult (but not impossible of course) for the government to do even if there was the political will to do this (which McCain does not have). We are seeing how the OBL screams, protests and litigates about the sporadic, tentative enforcement that is going on now. It's fairly obvious based on a close reading of McCain's recent statements and his history that he wants a quick claim of a "secured border" so he can push and lobby for a mass amnesty

This is why I oppose McCain's plan, even with a sequence of a politicized claim of "border secured" by border governors first.

And BearFlag is right, we were promised no more amnesties in 1986, and here we go again. We have to stick to enforcement of laws and attrition as the primary and humane way to deal with the IAs who are here. Secure borders and respect for the rule of law must not be held hostage to and connected with amnesty.
    I concur. The E-verify program is a good example of how diffucult it will be for the federal government to enforce McCain's promise to secure and hold employers accountable.

I seriously doubt that "Mr. Spanish was spoken before English in Arizona McCain" will win anyway. (By the way, nice thing to say to encourage people to learn English. )

He makes too many Republicans sick to their stomach. They'll stay home, or write in candidate's names. The Republicans chose the wrong candidate and EVERYBODY KNOWS IT.

It ain't gonna happen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    All of these partisan talking heads are lining up with McCain. The same McCain who's name was on the amnesty bill they rallied to stop. If this is their guy now, then perhaps we have not lost them -- but they have certainly lost me.
    This is why I speculate that it would be easier to fight amnesty coming from Obama than McCain. Even though radio hosts such as Hannity, Levin etc. oppose amnesty, demand secure borders and would probably/hopefully fight McCain on this should he win, their opposition to an amnesty scheme coming from McCain would probably be less intense than that coming from Obama. Can't be sure of course, but this is my gut.

Not to mention rank and file Republicans would find it easier to oppose Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    All of these partisan talking heads are lining up with McCain. The same McCain who's name was on the amnesty bill they rallied to stop. If this is their guy now, then perhaps we have not lost them -- but they have certainly lost me.
    This is why I speculate that it would be easier to fight amnesty coming from Obama than McCain. Even though radio hosts such as Hannity, Levin etc. oppose amnesty, demand secure borders and would probably/hopefully fight McCain on this should he win, their opposition to an amnesty scheme coming from McCain would probably be less intense than that coming from Obama. Can't be sure of course, but this is my gut.

Not to mention rank and file Republicans would find it easier to oppose Obama.
    I concur. Many republicans will support McCain and vote in favor of an amnesty bill if Juan tells them so. McCain will give amnesty bi-partisanship. Obama will not. Thus, an amnesty bill will be much more difficult to pass if its not bi-partisan.

And right on time, the Democrats are trying to gut enforcement appropriations as I write this. Please check out the action threads and call House Approp. Comm. members if you can, asap.

Here is an idea for Mr. McCain.

Why not push for a bill right now to re-institute the funding of the border fence? You don't have to wait until your president do you?

If you really cared about America you would have done this when you started running for president. If you really HEARD the AMERICAN PEOPLE and now realize we want BORDER SECURITY, then why didn't you fight for the border fence funding when it got illegally jerked out from under the American People? When that happened you should have went into major rants and tyraids, condimming anyone involved with that situation. Obviously you didn't hear anything, your hearing aid was turned off and you don't read lips very good. So hear it is again Mr. McCain. WE WANT THE BODER FENCED, THE ILLEGALS OUT, AND THE EMPLOYERS HEAVILY FINED AND JAILED IF THEY CONTINUE TO HIRE THEM. While the American people are held to a 3 strikes rule on felonies, the employers can violate federal law hundreds and thousands of times, with no worry of being punished, this time, the politicians backed by corporate america, have gone too far. IT WILL STOP, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!

Instead you sit there and run your mouth about how your a patriot.

Mr. McCain PATRIOTS don't advocate breaking the laws and disreguarding the well being and the will of the American People!

The bottom line is your a SELL OUT, and thats why you want to wait till your president to do anything, because your already thinking about your presidential legacy and you want the FULL CREDIT as president, not some senator. You want to wheel and deal with the lobbyist and the International Corporations on behalf of your family, buddies and associates. basically making a kleptocracy out of this country. I wouldn't be suprised if your related to the Kennedy's and the Bush's. Or perhaps you are just like what Americans are thinking, your not really for border security or doing anything the American PEOPLE want, The American PEOPLE to you are the AMERICAN CORPORATIONS, not the peon slaves which built this country.

This guy make sme sick!
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

At the beginning of his show today (6/24), Roger briefly mentioned the blowback that he received for his statements about McCain yesterday, and it sounded he would elaborate on this, but unfortunately I didn't listen to much of his show today, so I don't know if he did.

If anyone heard Roger expound on this, please post.

Just listened to part of Roger Hedgecock's Saturday show (6/28, which could have been a rebroadcast from earlier in the week). Sadly, Roger disappointed and as LawEnforcer noted, seems to have been co-opted by McCain's rhetoric of "securing the border first."

A conservative caller phoned in and basically told Roger that he will not be voting for McCain because right after McCain talks about securing the border, he talks about amnesty.

Roger got upset, was rather emotional, and told the caller that he was not being logical etc. basically because with Obama there will be no border security, but with McCain there will be. And if you don't vote for McCain, you are helping Obama. (An argument that we have heard many times.)

My issues with McCain's claims about border security and amnesty are outlined previously in this thread, so this is why I do not agree with Roger on this.

Bottom line, we do not need to tie amnesty to border security. We can pressure more states to pass enforcement measures, and insist that the federal government do its job of securing the border and enforcement while passing no more amnesties -- which would only excerbate the problem.

It's reasonably obvious that McCain wants a quick claim of "border secured" so he can move onto his mass amnesty scheme. I believe the primary and humane way to deal with the majority of IAs who are here is by attrition through enforcement.

Sounds to me like Hedgecock and other talk radio hosts of his ilk are wedded to the big "R" for Republican, and can't see beyond that. They are running SCARED of Obama! In their minds it's better to vote against Obama than to not vote for McCain and let Obama win.

What a pathetic lot! Instead they should be calling for people to line up behind a true conservative like Chuck Baldwin. Hedgecock should hang his head in shame!

(BTW, McCain declared at the NALEO conference today that comprehensive immigration reform will be his TOP priority the moment he gets into office.)

There are a few talk-radio hosts (as indicated earlier in this thread) who have kept to their principles -- including Terry Anderson who subs for Hedgecock on occasion. Lately on his program, Terry has said that some of his staunchest anti-amnesty colleagues and friends (I wouldn't be surprised if he's including Hedgecock in that bunch) have been pressuring him to get behind McCain because Obama is worse.

But Terry's been sticking to his guns and REFUSES to vote for the lesser of two evils anymore. His ethics will not let him vote for McCain. He would rather not vote. His show this Sunday should be very lively -- he will be talking about the whipping Chris Cannon got in Utah this week.
    http://theterryandersonshow.com/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast