Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican Invasion is a Reasonable Fear

As I was away for a week I had gotten a little behind on local news stories. While catching up today I found a "letter to the editor" story in the Burlington Times News (NC) that somehow got bumped up to a feature article as a guest columnist. Hmmmm, I wonder if Lance is a member of ALIPAC? If not he sure should be! Kudos to Lance for the GREAT commentary! Lance, if you're counted among us already or happen along later please send me a PM. We need to talk!

[quote]Mexican invasion is reasonable fear

September 14, 2007 3:00 AM Guest Columnist Lance Key

Xenophobia is defined as an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers. In a recent Times-News article, Ebher Rossi tossed that word around to describe en masse, Republicans, and anyone agreeing that felons should be arrested and deported.

How is it that he can so cavalierly dismiss the fear people are expressing as not only valid, but warranted?

Elvira Arellano illegally entered our country in 1997. After being apprehended and deported, she returned and gave birth to an “anchor babyâ€

Excellant post
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

ditto. great post and great article

BTW- If anyone else agrees with Lance please go to the link provided, rate and comment on his article. The Times publishes comments on the most popular story and we can get some more play out of this one with a little help from the team! Jump on this like Lindsay Graham on a soft taco! Go PAC! (Warning: the "comments" feature on the site is a bit trying but stick with it and you can make it work for you.)

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    BTW- If anyone else agrees with Lance please go to the link provided, rate and comment on his article. The Times publishes comments on the most popular story and we can get some more play out of this one with a little help from the team! Jump on this like Lindsay Graham on a soft taco! Go PAC! (Warning: the "comments" feature on the site is a bit trying but stick with it and you can make it work for you.)
    I am exhausted and fresh off the phones, maybe my vision is blurry, but I could not see a link. Could you give idiot directions for us mush brains?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

For those blurry-eyed with exhaustion here it is again...

http://www.thetimesnews.com/articles/me ... legal.html

Could you give idiot directions for us mush brains?
    Don't be so hard on yourself! You are just too immersed in that speed reading course...

Happy Hunting!

Thanks, I found the site, what I can't find is where to vote lol..
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It takes a minute for the whole page to load. Keep scrolling down to where it says

Click to vote
    Recommend this story? Yes No
    The online vote: 5 1

Reader's comments

Maybe you better wait until tomorrow to comment because if you think finding it is challenging wait until you try to comment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, done. I have one or two more things to check on then I am off to bed.

Ok...done I think it was 7 to 1
    Tired and going to sleep
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast