Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 'Mexico First': Roy Moore Slams Doug Jones on Amnesty, Border

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'Mexico First': Roy Moore Slams Doug Jones on Amnesty, Border

‘Mexico First’: Roy Moore Slams Doug Jones on Amnesty, Border

AP-Getty Images

by IAN MASON21 Nov 2017

Judge Roy Moore, the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Alabama, attacked his pro-amnesty Democrat opponent over his immigration stances Tuesday.

“The Mexico First policies of Doug Jones are straight from the pit of the failed Obama Administration and have no place in Alabama and certainly not the vacated seat of Jeff Sessions,” Moore Campaign chairman, Bill Armistead said in a statement that also emphasized Moore’s opposition to an amnesty of any kind for illegal aliens.

The Moore campaign’s rhetorical flourish contrasts Jones’ typical Democrat pro-mass migration politics with the “America First” priorities of President Donald Trump.

Running in deep-red Alabama, Jones, a former United States Attorney, does not include any mention of immigration on his campaign website, part of a wider effort to downplay his consistently liberal policy record. In interviews, however, he has consistently supported a so-called “DREAM act” – a codification and expansion of President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals (DACA) amnesty. In its most far-reaching form, a DREAM Act could allow amnesty for over three million illegals.

Jones has also taken a firm stand against President Trump’s signature border wall, telling Fox News, “I don’t think we need to be spending $20 billion dollars. I want to put it on healthcare, I want to get tax cuts for the middle class.”

Moore, by contrast, not only supports the wall, but wants troops on the border in the interim. “Until we gain control of the Southern Border, American lives are in danger,” Roy Moore said in the Tuesday statement. “Our borders can and should be secured immediately by deploying the military to aid the Border Patrol until the border wall is completed as a longer-term solution.

“Illegal immigrants and a vulnerable border devalue the legal immigration process, put American jobs at risk, and open our borders to drug lords and criminals who put the safety of Americans at risk,” Armistead concludes. “Judge Roy Moore will join President Trump in putting Americans first again.”

The Alabama U.S. Senate race was thrown into disarray after Judge Moore was hit with allegations of sexual misconduct – not dissimilar to the type of allegations Jones once called “cynical attempts to extort money” in another context. As those allegations remain unproven. However, some polling indicates Moore is back comfortably in the lead in a state where Trump won by nearly three-to-one last year.

http://www.breitbart.com/2018-electi...mnesty-border/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 11-22-2017 at 01:14 AM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Okay, here's my view on the Roy Moore situation in regards to the accusations against him. I am of the opinion that Roy Moore's desire to date much younger women when he was in his 30's was a little creepy. However, that does not make him a sexual abuser or child molester. Perhaps he felt inadequate or intimidated by women his own age. Like I said, a little creepy, but not criminal. As for the accusations of abuse and molestation, I'm going to give him the benefit of doubt because he unequivocally denies the accusations and there is no actual evidence to substantiate the claims that say otherwise. This is one persons word against the VERY convenient (politically timed to perfection) word of two other people.

Therefore, could my opinion be wrong, yes, could it be right, yes. Regardless of whether I'm right or wrong, I'm just not willing to risk the direction of our country's will-being on such flimsy accusations as those being presented by the two women over something that happened around 40 years ago. These two women had a lot of years to present their case, but chose to come out of the woodwork now .... how very convenient. The good people of Alabama will be the ones to make the choice, not me, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, or Mitch McConnell.

Fox News was reporting last night that the race was virtually tied.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-Boyfriend of Roy Moore Accuser: I Don’t Believe Her

EDUARDO MUNOZ ALVAREZ/AFP/Getty Images

by Aaron Klein20 Nov 201713300
    Birmingham, ALABAMA — A minister who says that he dated Beverly Young Nelson at around the same time that Young claims to have been assaulted by senatorial candidate Roy Moore says that he does not believe his ex-girlfriend about the allegations.

The former boyfriend, Jeff DeVine, attended high school with Young and is currently in Thailand, where he runs DeVine Ministries with his wife and twin daughters. He says that as part of his ministry, which focuses on rescuing children, he has worked with victims of rape and other trauma.
    A high school classmate of Nelson’s who spoke to Breitbart News remembers DeVine and Nelson briefly dating around 1977. DeVine also provided a copy of his high school yearbook inscribed with a lengthy message by Nelson. The inscription was signed by “Beverly Young,” using Nelson’s maiden name.

DeVine’s comments mark the second time a person who has known Nelson has gone public to call her allegations against Moore into question. Last week, Nelson’s stepson, Darrel Nelson, claimed in a Breitbart News interview that his stepmother’s accusations are “one hundred percent a lie.”
    Beverly Young Nelson, 55, gave a press conference last week at which she claimed that Moore sexually assaulted her in a car in December 1977 or early January 1978 when she was a 16-year-old high school student. Nelson said the alleged assault took place outside a restaurant in Gadsden, Ala., where she says that she worked as a waitress. Nelson is being represented by controversial attorney and women’s rights advocate Gloria Allred.
    Asked about the allegations, DeVine stated, “No, I don’t believe it.”
    DeVine, speaking to Breitbart News from Thailand via Skype, said that his estimation was “based off just my experience with people,” and not any specific evidence that Nelson was being dishonest.
    Jeff Devine (Courtesy)

“I certainly wouldn’t qualify as an expert, but I have been in ministry for many years,” he related. “I have dealt with a lot of people. People that have been through trauma. People that have been molested or hurt and all kinds of situations.”
    “I have learned to just study body language and the way a person tells a story. And as I said, I wouldn’t qualify, I am sure, in a court of law as being an expert – but just from my experience, I didn’t find her story believable. And the way she told it.”
    “I could only guess to her motive.,” he stated. “Whether somebody has offered her something to do this. I really couldn’t say. I would only be guessing.”
    DeVine said the last time he communicated with Nelson was when “she befriended me on Facebook a little while back and we exchanged a few, just ‘Hey, how are you doing?’ and that kind of a thing.”
    DeVine described befriending and dating Nelson in 1977 when the two attended Southside High School in Alabama.
    “We started dating off and on,” he recalled. “Nothing real serious at first. I didn’t have a car, at first. I just had a motorcycle, so we would ride my motorcycle. Later when I got a car we went out in my car a few times. And we dated off and on maybe a year.”
    Nelson’s inscription in DeVine’s yearbook mentions his motorcycle.
    “I knew her family … because I would work with her dad on his TV repair business when he needed me. So, I worked with him quite a bit.”
    “She was a little bit different,” DeVine said of Nelson. “She was from California and they tend to be a little bit different than the average Southerner. In those days especially. So, she didn’t really make a lot of friends real quickly. And she kind of got off to a rocky start.
    “But we became friends. She invited me to her first birthday party that they had in those apartments shortly after they moved there. I went to that. We danced. We started talking. I found her easy at to talk to and enjoyable. So, we started going out.”
    At her press conference, Nelson stated that she had a boyfriend who used to pick her up from a waitressing job at a restaurant in Gadsden called Olde Hickory House where she says that the assault took place. Nelson claimed that she originally met Moore when he was a 30-year-old deputy district attorney in Etowah County and would regularly eat at the restaurant. Moore has denied knowing Nelson.
    Nelson described being picked up by her boyfriend immediately after the alleged assault: “I got up and tried to pull myself together. I was making my way to the front of the restaurant when my boyfriend arrived. It was late and it was dark. I did not say anything to him as to what had occurred as he had a violent temper and I was afraid that he would do something that would get him into trouble.”
    While DeVine says that he dated Nelson at around the time of the alleged incident, he says that he was not the boyfriend who may have picked her up in the restaurant and that she was dating someone else at the same time.
    DeVine could not recall Nelson working as a waitress in a restaurant at all. “I don’t remember her working in that restaurant,” he stated. “I’m not saying that she didn’t. I just don’t remember it.”
    DeVine says that Nelson ultimately ended the relationship to be with the other boyfriend.
    “We weren’t dating each other exclusively because she ended up dating another guy at around the same time that she got more interested in than me.” he said. “And I think that was the guy that she eventually married.”
    Asked whether there was any animosity between himself and Nelson after the breakup or currently, DeVine replied, “No not at all.”
    DeVine continued: “It wasn’t a dramatic breakup. Like I said, we weren’t in love. We were going out. We were friends. We never had a physical relationship. I won’t say we didn’t kiss, but I mean we never had sex or anything like that. She just made it clear to me that she was concerned about me. About whether I would be the best guy for her and she had this other guy that liked her, and she thought he would be a better choice.”
    “And I was just the kind of guy, well, okay, I am not going to compete with somebody. If you like this other guy, then I think it is best you to go for him. And so, we just agreed that we wouldn’t see each other and she was going to push through the relationship with that guy. It was okay. It was a very peaceful friendship type of a break-up. It wasn’t a dramatic breakup. Broken heart or anything like that at all.”
    Yearbook controversy
    Nelson, meanwhile, has been at the center of controversy regarding her own yearbook, which contains the only piece of physical evidence to be presented in the cases of numerous women who have gone public with stories alleging inappropriate conduct between Moore and teenage girls. Moore has strenuously denied all the accusations.
    In a radio interview with this reporter broadcast over the weekend, Moore stated that Gloria Allred’s repeated refusal to immediately release to the custody of an independent examiner the original copy of Nelson’s yearbook proves that “what they have alleged is completely untrue.”
    At a press conference in New York, Allred presented a photocopy of the yearbook with an inscription that reads: “To a sweeter more beautiful girl I could not say, ‘Merry Christmas.’ Love, Roy Moore DA, 12-22-77, Olde Hickory House.”

In our interview, Moore specifically pointed to the initials “D.A.” that appear after the signature on the yearbook to further demonstrate that the yearbook inscription and signature represent what he described as a forgery and “complete fabrication.”
    Moore spotlighted the initials “D.A.,” linking it to a signature on Nelson’s 1999 divorce document over two decades later. That signature was followed by the initials of his former assistant, Delbra Adams, who only started working for him in 1987.
    At the press conference with Allred, Nelson failed to mention the divorce case entirely and that Moore was the judge whose stamped signature appears on her 1999 divorce document. And alongside Moore’s signature are the initials “D.A.” for Delbra Adams, Roy Moore’s former longtime secretary and judicial assistant.

Breitbart News caught up with Adams last week, and she confirmed in an interview that the initials on Nelson’s divorce document were indeed hers. Adams explained it is normal procedure for a clerk or assistant to initial a stamped signature on a legal document to verify that the stamp is authentic.
    “In their press statement they said that this Nelson woman had no contact with me” since 1977, Moore said in our radio interview. “But in actuality, we found that she had a divorce case. I signed the document. My secretary stamped the document and then put her initials out on the end of the line.”
    Moore continued: “When they forged the name onto this manual, they also included the initials of my receptionist, my secretary. Which were D.A. Delbra Adams. And certainly they forged it and this is a complete fabrication. I did not know Nelson and had never met her and still do not know her.”
    Allred and Nelson have claimed that the “D.A.” at the end of the yearbook signature stand for “district attorney” even though at the time Moore was a deputy district attorney.
    Last Wednesday, an attorney for Moore sent an official letter giving Allred forty-eight hours to release the yearbook to an independent examiner and to take steps to ensure the “immediate and professional preservation of the yearbook.”
    Allred has done a series of news media interviews in which she has made clear her refusal to release the yearbook to any entity other than a Senate committee. This even though Moore is not yet a senator, so such an ethics committee cannot be formed – and despite the yearbook inscription playing a central role in the campaign for a U.S. senate seat.
    Allred has further admitted that she had not asked Nelson whether she actually saw Moore sign her yearbook.
    Following Allred’s press conference, Breitbart News contacted four signature and handwriting authentication experts certified by the American Society of Questioned Document Examiners. Each of the four independently arrived at the same conclusion, saying they would need the original yearbook inscription to definitively draw conclusions.
    Handwriting expert Linda L Mitchell told Breitbart News that “an absolute identification is very difficult without the original document because photographs and photocopies do not provide a three-dimensional view of handwriting, which would include pressure and line quality.”
    “Those things are important if a definitive opinion is to be reached. Anything less than that would not provide enough support for a definitive opinion unless the handwriting contains highly identifiable peculiarities.”
    The three other experts echoed Mitchell’s sentiments.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...t-believe-her/

Court Documents Raise Significant Questions About Leigh Corfman’s Accusations Against Roy Moore

Scott Olson/Getty Images

by Aaron Klein21 Nov 20179027
    Court documents involving Leigh Corfman, who says that Alabama senatorial candidate Roy Moore tried to engage in a sexual encounter with her when she was 14, raise questions about the timeline and narrative of Corfman’s accusations against the politician.

Those accusations were first publicly disclosed in a Washington Post story citing Corfman and her mother, Nancy Wells, as saying that in early 1979, Roy Moore, then a 32-year-old assistant district attorney, allegedly asked Wells to watch her fourteen-year-old daughter while Wells went into a courtroom for a custody hearing.
    Corfman claims that Moore asked the young Corfman for her number. “Days later, she says, he picked her up around the corner from her house in Gadsden,” the Post story states, referring to her mother’s home in Gadsden. Corfman’s parents were divorced.
    The first private meeting was arranged after Moore called Corfman on her home phone at her mother’s house, Corfman alleges.
    Corfman says that Moore took her to his home, put his arm around her, and kissed her. Corfman told the Post that she had asked Moore to drive her home because she was feeling nervous and he obliged.
    “Soon after, she says, he called again, and picked her up again at the same spot,” the Post story reports, without providing an exact timeline.
    That is when Corfman says that Moore drove her back to his house, touched her body, and guided her hand to his underwear. Corfman says that she yanked her hand back.
    “She says that after their last encounter, Moore called again, but that she found an excuse to avoid seeing him,” the Post story continues.
    Regarding the original court hearing where Corfman says that Moore asker her for her number while Wells went inside the courtroom, the Post reported that it “confirmed that her mother attended a hearing at the courthouse in February 1979 through divorce records.”
    A thorough search of court documents finds one court case in February 1979—a case that took place on February 21, 1979. The Post failed to tell readers that at that February 21, 1979, court case Wells voluntarily gave up custody of Corfman to Corfman’s father, Robert R. Corfman. The two had been divorced since 1974. The custody case was amicable and involved a joint petition by both parents.
    The Post further did not tell readers that as a result of the joint petition to change custody, the court ordered the 14-year-old Corfman to move to her father’s house starting on March 4, 1979. Court documents show the father’s address in Ohatchee, and not in Gadsden, where her mother lived and where Corfman says the meetings with Moore took place.
    This would mean that from the court hearing on February 21, 1979, until Corfman was ordered to move to her father’s house, Moore would only have had 12 days, including the day of the court hearing, to have repeatedly called Corfman at her mother’s Gadsden house, arrange two meetings, and attempt another. Moore has strenuously denied the accusations.
    While that timeline is theoretically possible, the Moore campaign stressed in a press conference today it is unlikely.
    Ben DuPre, Moore’s former chief of staff on the Alabama Supreme Court, spoke today on behalf of the campaign. DuPre noted that “as best as we can tell” the February 21, 1979, case was the only court movement to have taken place that month. Breitbart News also could not find another court document from that month in 1979.
    The disclosure raises questions about why that twelve-day window was not mentioned in the Post story or by Wells or Corfman in subsequent interviews. Neither Corfman nor Wells publicly mentioned the change in custody during the critical period where Moore was said to have arranged meetings with Corfman outside her mother’s home.
    Earlier this month, Breitbart News interviewed Wells and she discussed Moore’s alleged calls to Corfman as taking place at her home.
    Breitbart News reviewed the custody and divorce documents in full. The custody arrangement allowed for “reasonable rights of visitation” for Wells, including on alternate weekends and full custody for one week starting on December 24. However, that one week of custody in December does not fit into the timeline of Moore allegedly arranging meetings days after the February hearing.
    There is another detail in the custody documents that raise questions about Corfman’s story.
    The Post strongly implied that the alleged encounter with Moore caused Corfman to exhibit reckless behavior in her teenage years.
    The Post reported:
    After talking to her friends, Corfman says, she began to feel that she had done something wrong and kept it a secret for years.
    “I felt responsible,” she says. “I felt like I had done something bad. And it kind of set the course for me doing other things that were bad.”
    She says that her teenage life became increasingly reckless with drinking, drugs, boyfriends, and a suicide attempt when she was 16.
    The Post failed to mention that the very reason for the February 21, 1979, court hearing where Moore allegedly met Corfman was because, according to the court documents, Corfman had exhibited “certain disciplinary and behavioral problems.” In other words, Corfman evidence behavioral problems prior to the alleged encounters with Moore.
    Indeed, those stated “disciplinary and behavioral problems” were cited in the joint petition to change custody as the cause for both Wells and Corfman’s father agreeing that Corfman would be better served living with her father. The parents signed a “consent decree” going along with the change in custody.
    Over one year later, on May 5, 1980, which would have been after any alleged encounters with Moore, Wells filed a new petition to take back custody of her daughter. That petition stated that Corfman’s “disciplinary problem has improved greatly.” The stated change in behavior is important since Corfman’s “disciplinary and behavioral problems” were cited as the reason for the father taking custody.
    The improvement in behavior described by Wells seems to conflict with Corfman’s claim to the Post that after the 1979 encounter her “life became increasingly reckless with drinking, drugs, boyfriends, and a suicide attempt when she was 16.”
    The judge apparently agreed with Wells’ assessment of Corfman’s improved behavior and granted Wells custody on October 15, 1980.
    At today’s press conference, DuPre also mentioned Wells’ interview with this reporter in which Corfman’s mother contradicted a key detail of Corfman’s story.
    Speaking by phone to Breitbart News, Wells, 71, says that her daughter did not have a phone in her bedroom during the period that Moore is reported to have allegedly called Corfman—purportedly on Corfman’s bedroom phone—to arrange at least one encounter.
    The Washington Post cited Corfman as remembering that she provided Moore with her number when she was 14. She said that she spoke to Moore from what she described as the phone in her bedroom.
    In yet another detail called into question at today’s press conference, DuPre referred to the exact spot mentioned in the Post story as the alleged meeting place for Corfman’s claimed encounters with Moore.
    The Post cited Corfman as saying that Moore, according to the newspaper’s characterization, “picked her up around the corner from her house in Gadsden.”
    The Post mentions the specific intersection where Corfman says that Moore picked her up around the corner from her mother’s house. The Post reports, “She says she talked to Moore on her phone in her bedroom, and they made plans for him to pick her up at Alcott Road and Riley Street, around the corner from her house.”
    DuPre said that intersection was almost a mile away from her mother’s house at the time and would have been across a major thoroughfare.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ons-roy-moore/