Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico Furious at "tough" law on Illegals

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/bf6dcbe2-c3da- ... 511c8.html

“Building walls doesn't help anyone build a good neighbourhood,� he said. “Taking away the possibility of obtaining driving licences for people who are working in legal jobs, who pay their taxes there, who send remittances home here, seems to us to be an extreme measure, particularly given the new understanding that we thought we had after the re-election of President Bush.�

Andrés Manuel López Obrador, mayor of Mexico City, supported Mr Fox's stance. He said the problem of growing immigration could be “resolved by encouraging development in Mexico and Central America, not by building walls and using the border control�.
    I wasn't aware it was the responsibility of the United States to "encourage development" in other countries so they would not try to invade ours. These Mexicans are off their rockers!

Re: Mexico Furious at "tough" law on Illegals

“Building walls doesn't help anyone build a good neighbourhood,� he said.
    I guess he never heard the expression "good fences make for good neighbors.

“Taking away the possibility of obtaining driving licences for people who are working in legal jobs,
    Escweeze me, Senor Presidente, those jobs aren't legal if they are the jobs done by illegal aliens.

who pay their taxes there,
    I'm not sure it *does* happen when they get paid under the table, and even if they're on the books, those earning were gained illegally because they were earned by ....you guessed it.... illegal aliens.

who send remittances home here,
    Whoa! Now we're on to something. This is revenue for a foreign nation that they don't have to do a doggone thing to earn! Now we're getting somewhere... oh yeah, those remittances are American dollars that could be wages of an American worker too, if the illegal aliens didn't have the labor rate so low!

seems to us to be an extreme measure, particularly given the new understanding that we thought we had after the re-election of President Bush.�
    Be glad you got to ride this pony as long as you did. There won't be another one like him elected if the American citizen's have any say in the matter.

Andrés Manuel López Obrador, mayor of Mexico City, supported Mr Fox's stance. He said the problem of growing immigration could be “resolved by encouraging development in Mexico and Central America, not by building walls and using the border control�.
    When did it become the responsibility of an outside entity (read - another nation) to encourage development within one's own borders? Isn't that the responsibility of the government of *that* nation?

Can we build a wall, a moat, and another wall...so if you make it over one wall, you fall into the moat and can't climb up either wall?
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

Re: Mexico Furious at "tough" law on Illegals

Quote Originally Posted by rhino
    http://news.ft.com/cms/s/bf6dcbe2-c3da-11d9-a56d-00000e2511c8.html

“Building walls doesn't help anyone build a good neighbourhood,� he said. “Taking away the possibility of obtaining driving licences for people who are working in legal jobs, who pay their taxes there, who send remittances home here, seems to us to be an extreme measure, particularly given the new understanding that we thought we had after the re-election of President Bush.�

I wasn't aware it was the responsibility of the United States to "encourage development" in other countries so they would not try to invade ours. These Mexicans are off their rockers!
    It's NOT. It is our responsibility to turn Mexico into the 51st state, TAKE THEIR OIL, and return them to the 17th century. PEACEFULLY!!!
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

It should be abundantly apparent to anyone with an ounce of common sense that Mexico and their Latin American neighbors couldn't find their butts with both hands when it comes to building an economy. They have no excuse. The Spaniards have been there for 500 years. They have incredible natural resources, relatively mild weather, etc. and they just can't get their act together. Now their strategy is to export their failed third world culture here and suck the lifeblood out of this country like a bunch of leeches.

The absolute arrogance of these people to promote the illegal invasion of a sovereign country and then complain when that country tries to take some modest steps to fix the problem. Did these people just arrive from Mars? Do they have some sort of abstract logic that is alien to anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence?

The more I read, the more convinced I am that these people (the pro-illegal alien crowd both on this side of the border as well as the other) are sociopathic or deranged or both. They have literally taken leave of their senses. For pity's sake, even the French understand the concept of national interest. The other possibility, and this is the probable one, is that this is a deliberate attempt at a defacto land grab. Send your people here and when they grow strong enough they co-opt this country's government (with the willing help of simps like McCain and Kennedy) and take control without firing a shot. I have heard a lot of talk about Aztlan and how the Mestizos think California, Arizona and Texas really belong to them through some sort of historical divine right. I have not heard a lot of talk about a deliberate policy of Mexico to control big hunks of this country.

If that is the game here, then the actions taken with this new so-called immigration bill of McCain and Kennedy's, and the willing participation of George Bush, effectively amount to treason. It looks to me like the line is about to be crossed if that bunch is successful.

Anyone have thoughts or information about Mexico having a hidden agenda to take control of large parts of this country, while smiling and patting us on the back? I could have missed something. I am still a rookie.

They seem to be digging in their heels and we are digging in our heels and the heat index is rising. Can you say civil war?
    When we gonna wake up?

"Building walls doesn't help anyone build a good neighborhood." Oh really? It sure as hell DOES. Especially when you have a BAD neighbor next door full of millions of people illegally sneaking into our neighborhood.
    And they're dismayed at the "new understanding that we thought we had after the re-election of President Bush." Yeah, well maybe you have an "understanding" with that worthless hack Bush, but you sure don't have an "understanding" with the vast majority of the American people, who want you to GET OUT AND STAY OUT! Can you understand THAT? Can we make it any clearer?