Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Michael Moore: ‘I Refuse to Live in a Country Where Donald Trump Is President, and I'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Michael Moore: ‘I Refuse to Live in a Country Where Donald Trump Is President, and I'

Michael Moore: ‘I Refuse to Live in a Country Where Donald Trump Is President, and I'm Not Leaving’

By Susan Jones | July 27, 2017 | 5:25 AM EDT

Liberal political activist and film-maker Michael Moore discusses his upcoming Broadway show with Stephen Colbert, host of CBS's "The Late Show," on Wednesday, July 26, 2017. (Screen grab from CBS)

(CNSNews.com) – Far-left political activist and film-maker Michael Moore is about to debut on Broadway, in a show called “The Terms of My Surrender.”

On Wednesday night, Moore discussed the show with Stephen Colbert, who asked him – “What are the terms of Michael Moore’s surrender?”

“You have to come see the show,” Moore said. “I will tell you this. I will say this. I will say this. I refuse to live in a country where Donald Trump is president, and I'm not leaving. So something's got to change.”

Colbert noted that President Trump has three-and-a-half more years to go in his first term. “Do you think he makes it another three and a half years?” he asked Moore.

Oh, I -- I actually -- I live with the attitude, and I'm sorry to -- I don't mean to go dark on you here. But just think of -- you all know your age right now. How old are you going to be in 2025? The possibility exists that Donald Trump will be your, our president in the year 2025 at that age that you're at.

Right. We don't want to think that. But we were also a year ago sitting here -- not myself, but other people, you know, "There's no way he's going to win. There's no way. Hillary's got this in the bag." You know, they were already popping the champagne corks and celebrating.

We have to form an army of citizens and come at him like a swarm of bees where's it's just that he's getting hit one way, all the way. (The audience applauded). And, frankly, I suggested a few months ago that we have an army of satire, because I think the way to bring him down is with satire. His thin skin, as you’ve pointed out so well, is so thin, all we need is like a thousand or a million little comedy shivs—just, you know, nonviolent, don't hurt him--but under his skin, because he can't take being laughed at.

Moore said the “army of satire” has already given its first medal of honor to Saturday Night Live comedian Melissa McCarthy, “because she's taken down the first Trump administration official with satire.”

McCarthy acted the part of a demented White House Communications Director Sean Spicer last season. Spicer resigned from the job last week, not because of McCarthy, but apparently because President Trump wanted a change of direction in his communications office.

Michael Moore: ‘I Refuse to Live in a Country Where Donald Trump Is President, and I'm Not Leaving’
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good, what's holding you up?

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Money is holding him back. He makes money off Trump Hating. I guess these days it's a good shtick.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn