Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Welcome United States Marine Corp. Vet!

I don't get the chance to post here as much as I would like and it is past this old womans bedtime! LOL

However, I mean this, parents need to start getting more involved with their kids and teaching them the history and the sacrifices that were made for this country, then maybe they will understand why it is worth defending! I for one intend to do this immediately! I work for a university book store so I have resources to order books (as, actually, every parent). Americans should blame a lot of what is ahppenig on themselves. Now, I can see the hair on the backs of people rising up. Think about it though, we have become a society of gimme this gimme that (that is southern for give me this give me that). Everything that happens is someone elses fault. People cannot own up to their mistakes. Being able to do this is a matter of character. You have to take reponsibility for your actions! If you don't, you are only robots! Is this what we have become? I am sure our government would love that! We would be more easily controlled. OH MY, I sound like an activist! Seriously though, I have never been a political person much less an activist! I always saw an activist as a person that was AGAINST the country! I prefer to think of myself as a patriot! It is time for a revolution people! Sleep tight! This old lady needs sleep!

God bless you all and don't give up the fight!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Quote Originally Posted by watchman
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGirl
    I want to thank all the men and women who will be patroling the US/Mexico border in April. I'm hoping those idiot politicians will wake up to what is happening to this country.

Again, I thank you for bringing much needed attention to this problem.
    TexasGirl, WELCOME TO ALIPAC!

A Fort Worth Star Telegram report yesterday shows that Texas leads the nation in illegal immigrants. You can read that story here on ALIPAC at http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... opic&t=951

If you don't mind, what part of Texas do you live in? And how much of an illegal flood are you seeing where you live? If it's Houston, well ... we already know the answer to that one. Dallas has a great share too. San Antonio is overrun.

If you haven't already, please consider adding your signature to Bill O'Reilly's petition to President Bush regarding the "immigration chaos." Here's the ALIPAC thread with the text of the petition and a link to go to for signing the petition. http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-954.html

Once again, welcome to ALIPAC and hope you'll join in our discussions!

watchman
    Thank you for the welcome, Watchman.

I grew up in a neighborhood in Houston. It was a decent place to grow up when I was a kid, but I had to move out of that neighborhood six years ago, it became a barrio. My old neighborhood now has a taco stand on every corner, it's pathetic. All the wooded lots have been cleared to make room for trailers that look like they need to be in the scrap yard. I don't like what they did to my neighborhood, so I left Houston. I moved to a small town on the outskirts of Houston just to get my kids out of the schools.

Thanks for the link to the petition, I'll be sure to sign it.

Ohflyingone wrote:

Parents, tell your children about the history of this country, good and bad. Make sure they know the truth and not the politically correct versions that seem to be popping up! If you don't know our history, I URGE you to educate yourself! Talk to your parents, your grandparents, read! In my opinion, we are fighting for the very survival of this country!

I took it a step further. When school started, I went to the Parent-Teacher Night. They went through the standard dog and pony show about what their schedule is, where my child sits, and what subjects they have. The teacher asked if anyone had any questions. I promtly raised my hand and asked what they teach in Social Studies. I asked if they taught history they way it was taught when I was a kid. I wanted to know if the phrase 'forefathers' and 'founding fathers' was used, not the 'framers' of the Constitution. Most of the parents had this 'deer in the headlights' look when I was done.

The teacher said that Political Correctness had not arrived in their school district as of yet. She said that because of the socio-economic make-up of our community, they did not have the problem of trying to placate a group of people that viewed themselves as being oppressed.

At my home, if the National Anthemn is played on the television, my girls are to stand up and place their hands on their hearts. They know who the President is. We say Grace at meals. I try to be the best role model my kids could have.
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Pat your enemies on the back until the right time comes, then take your revenge like a tiger. Never forget who conned you, hurt you or cheated you, regardless of who they are."

Thank you for the welcome, Watchman.

I grew up in a neighborhood in Houston. It was a decent place to grow up when I was a kid, but I had to move out of that neighborhood six years ago, it became a barrio. My old neighborhood now has a taco stand on every corner, it's pathetic. All the wooded lots have been cleared to make room for trailers that look like they need to be in the scrap yard. I don't like what they did to my neighborhood, so I left Houston. I moved to a small town on the outskirts of Houston just to get my kids out of the schools.

Thanks for the link to the petition, I'll be sure to sign it.
    Yes, I hear you. If it's not come to a neighborhood near you yet, it won't be long. The wooded lots were cleared? That's deplorable! Who had the authority to clear these lots? It sounds as if they came in and put in wholesale trailer parks!

I don't blame you for leaving Houston if it's getting that bad. Of course, some people can insulate themselves from reality in gated communities .. some of us can't. We live in a nice rather private area off a main road .. but just four blocks away some of the older homes are being bought up by you know who.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

The illegals or their slum lords bought up all of the wooded lots in the community, then they turned them into slummy trailer parks. I was outraged. Every weekend we were assaulted by loud Mariachi music until four or five in the morning. We would call the law to report it, but they never did anything about it. You could wake up the next morning and see illegals sleeping all over the yard. How they did that is beyond me, since they had a whole bunch of chickens and goats running loose in their yard. There would also be beer cans scattered all over their yard the next morning.

Americans need to wake up and realize what is going on in this country. Our rights are being taken away from us and given to these third world invaders.

TexasGirl, I am also a Texas woman...and I agree that you're telling it like it is. I live in NorthEast Texas, a beautiful area by nature. However, our older neighborhoods are being taken over--large, once-gracious homes now contain as many as 40 illegals who sleep wherever they can. Fighting roosters, fighting dogs, loud music all night long, guns firing off after dark as they amuse themselves at their weekend parties (never mind the law). Slums encroach everywhere, created by people living here who simply 'don't care'.

I'm for fining landlords that rent to illegals...after all, that's aiding and abetting, isn't it?

Back to Houston: I lived foreign for many years. I came back in '66, driving through Houston was pleasant, highways clean, a lovely city at that point. I returned via the same route in '74...and I was amazed at how junky it looked...highways covered with trash. I went into Foley's to shop...I nearly flipped out with shock when I realized that all the clothes were CHAINED to the racks. Open-mouthed, I asked the saleperson what was going on. She said if they didn't chain and lock the clothes onto the racks that gangs would hit the store, grab armloads of clothes and disappear before LEO could arrive. MY OWN COUNTRY...unrecognizable!!

Just my experience.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

The illegals or their slum lords bought up all of the wooded lots in the community, then they turned them into slummy trailer parks. I was outraged. Every weekend we were assaulted by loud Mariachi music until four or five in the morning. We would call the law to report it, but they never did anything about it. You could wake up the next morning and see illegals sleeping all over the yard. How they did that is beyond me, since they had a whole bunch of chickens and goats running loose in their yard. There would also be beer cans scattered all over their yard the next morning.

Americans need to wake up and realize what is going on in this country. Our rights are being taken away from us and given to these third world invaders.
    I know a couple who moved off their street after many years for this same thing. Not the trailer parks but a street of well-maintained and updated older homes ... the wife got so upset one night she said she was going to do something drastic if she had to hear one more beat of Latino music.

What you describe you saw the next morning after the all-night party is just life to them. They may be poor and uneducated but they also seem to have no common sense, no respect for others (except their fellow mexicans) and no manners. But this is how people live in third-world countries .. and they're bringing their unsavory ways with them. I've seen Mexican women sitting in cars in parking lots throw the used diaper out the door onto the lot. Man, would I ever like to have a few words with them over that. But I don't speak Spanish and I don't want any trouble. They seem to have the attitude that whatever they do is okay and too bad if anyone else doesn't like it.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Just a note to the volunteer Minutemen, don't forget your snake chaps. April should be a good month for the half dozen or so species to be out and about.

I hate to pour cold water on your passion but....

quote:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I will have to quit my job and rally as many people as I can to march on Washington!
    ---------------------------------------------------

Don't quit your job. Marching on Washington is a waste of time. It will have no effect. Peaceful protest will be ignored by our leaders unless you have a briefcase full of cash. Think of all the marches on Washington that nobody remembers.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------
    (....) I don't care where you came from and you can be purple for all I care, illegal is illegal and the law does not specify race !
    -----------------------------------------------------

Of course, you could repeat this 1000 times, but the people who take part in the march will all be painted as racist, crackers in the MSM.

When people have to say that they aren't racist, it seems like they enter any argument at a dis-advantage. IMO

p.s. Don't give up hope.

-n
    "It is difficult to overcome the reflexes of national identity. But you will get there."

Bill Clinton, Paris, 8/9/2005

SaveOurState:
    "I think the the government is incredibly concerned that a violent incident may occur at the border. Such an incident might prove to be a flash point and a major catalyst for a populist uprising in this country.

I agree. Washington does not want to upset the apple cart.
    Also....why have you not heard or seen anything about this in the
    "mainstream" media????????
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast