Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Missouri Democratic state senator apologizes for hoping Trump is assassinated

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Missouri Democratic state senator apologizes for hoping Trump is assassinated

Missouri Democratic state senator apologizes for hoping Trump is assassinated

Published August 20, 2017
    Fox News

Amid calls for her resignation, a Democratic state senator in Missouri on Sunday said she made a mistake for posting on Facebook Thursday that she hopes President Donald Trump is assassinated.

State Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal — who has said she isn’t resigning over the post — apologized at a press conference streamed live on the Facebook page of the Clayton Times, a St. Louis County newspaper.

“President Trump, I apologize to you and your family,” Chappelle-Nadal said at the Wellspring Church in Ferguson, Missouri. “I also apologize to all the people in Missouri. And I also apologize to my colleagues in the Missouri legislature for the mistake that I made.”

Chappelle-Nadal eventually deleted the post about Trump, but a screenshot was saved and shared on Twitter.

The U.S. Secret Service’s St. Louis field office is investigating the original post.

“The message that that has been sent to me by our God is that I’m here to serve as a teacher, as a translator but most of all as a servant,” she said. “I am a servant of God and I am a servant of the people that I represent. And I failed them both recently.”

“I made a mistake. And I’m owning up to it,” she added. “And I’m not ever going to make a mistake like again. I have learned my lesson. My judge and my jury is my Lord Jesus Christ.”

Top Missouri Democrats had called for her resignation, including Missouri Party Chair Stephen Webber, Sen. Claire McCaskill, and Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens.

Greitens said on Friday: “If she will not resign, the Senate can vote to remove her. I believe they should.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...assinated.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Missouri Senate should remove her. This can not stand. Then this witch hides behind God and her religion? Oh puleeze. This person is rotten and evil to the core. Who knows how much damage she has already caused or what types of underworld activities she has instigated against the President.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Her apology isn't sincere. I've been following this story for two days and know she has been getting overwhelming pressure to resign. She is only apologizing now because she knows her job is on the line.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Remove her immediately and with NO pay.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

State Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal should resign from her position over these criminal comments.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

She only apologized when she realized people were serious about her removal. Very insincere IMO.