Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mitt on Illegals - his plan

Just listen the first minute at starting about :32 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JielsvPlT7g

Is he not saying that illegals can sign up and stay - is not permanent residency - "permanent"? Is not this a special path?

He flip flopping all over the place

Act Together

I saw this interview. He'll have to get his act together by November. I don't feel like I have any options left, so he'll have to do.

Politicians have a lot on their plate. It takes awhile for one to get up to speed on the many facets of this issue. Be patient and keep the lines of communication open, with all respect due to a leader. Who else, at least with serious potential, do we have on our side? I would agree that there are serious flaws in what Romney is saying via this video. It would be worthwhile to know whom he would turn to for policy advice, and what type of connections he has within the Rep. Party.

He comes off as a populist. Is that real?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I didn't hear anything that made my ears perk up. I think he makes it very clear, apply if you can, stay if you can, if you can't leave ("in a set period of time", which I took as get out by this date) and no special path or amnesty.

Romney is saying let them apply, just like everyone else. What is not beging said, is that they have a snowball's chance in hell of becomeing a citizen or getting a green card because they came here illegally.

First off, most cannot meet the criteria to become a citizen, therefore, they will be rejected. Only about 1.2 million people become citizens every year and there are more people that are doing it the right way, in front of the illegals. As far as greencards and visas, too many illegals and the quota is full before they can apply.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is what I have never understood about Mitt's position. He says that illegals should have the opportunity to get legalized, but not any special consideration ahead of those going about it legally. Isn't that just enforce the laws, and let them get in line? Is he advocating something different than current law? Do we enforce the law or not? If so, then there is no reason to say they should have an opportunity to get legalization. That is already current law.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Re: Act Together

Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
    I saw this interview. He'll have to get his act together by November. I don't feel like I have any options left, so he'll have to do.
    Ron Paul locked up many delegates in Luisiana today, he's still in it.

xyz
    I listened to the entire thing..
    I heard what Dixie heard..which sounds fine to me...
    Romney is not an easy man..He is tough..
    Romney is hard to place but Tancredo isn't a fool..I trust Tancredo and I take his word for Romney..

This issue has been posted numerous times-------and cleared up NUMEROUS times.

Prior to Tom Tancredo endorsing Romney--------he sat down with him and cleared all of this up!!

Romney wants to give them time to get their affairs in order (register their kids for schools, paperwork, etc.)-----which would be about 6 months.

Tom Tancredo, Sherrif Joe, and Dana Rorbacher-----as well as many others have endorsed Romney. None of these men would be putting their names/reputations on the line----if they thought that Romney was not going to come through with doing what he said that he would.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    This is what I have never understood about Mitt's position. He says that illegals should have the opportunity to get legalized, but not any special consideration ahead of those going about it legally. Isn't that just enforce the laws, and let them get in line? Is he advocating something different than current law? Do we enforce the law or not? If so, then there is no reason to say they should have an opportunity to get legalization. That is already current law.
    He was only talking about those who could have been legal----but they never completed their application process, etc. You know, like green card people.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Re: Act Together

Quote Originally Posted by stealthwii
    Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
    Ron Paul locked up many delegates in Luisiana today, he's still in it.
    Man, did I miss a primary? When did Louisiana vote? Let me get my calendar. They didn't mention that in the news.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast