Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here's another point taken from the debate. His point is different than the Meet the Press. Maybe he wasn't clear in the Meet the press interview. Who knows where he stands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdMtbM7wXus

Re: Mitt on Illegals - his plan

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    Just listen the first minute at starting about :32 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JielsvPlT7g

Is he not saying that illegals can sign up and stay - is not permanent residency - "permanent"? Is not this a special path?

He flip flopping all over the place
    I think Lou Dobbs had it right when he referred to all the Presidential candidates as "IDIOTS." I am very disappointed that we have such poor choices.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    Here's another point taken from the debate. His point is different than the Meet the Press. Maybe he wasn't clear in the Meet the press interview. Who knows where he stands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdMtbM7wXus
    Good vid. Romney is not a poor choice; in fact he's a good choice. McCain & Giuliani are poor (actually, terrible) choices. McCain & Giuliani openly support amnesty for millions of IAs, Romney doesn't. It's that simple.

See this on Numbers home page:

http://www.numbersusa.com/index

And don't forget that Tancredo, DeMint and Rohrbacher, among others, all strongly anti-amnesty, have endorsed Romney.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Bowman wrote:

To make this work the current 3 and 10 year bars against illegal aliens being allowed to apply for legal immigration would have to be waived, it other words it is a semi-amnesty.
    That would be a special pathway.
    Technically it is not a special pathway, they would be taking the same path that legal immigrants take. Waiving the 3-10 year bars means they would not have to take a LONGER path.
    They would have to get in line behind the ones who applied to emigrate here legally and that backlog is anywhere from 10-15 years. I can live with that.

I too can live with that.

There is the question, however, remaining as to just what he will do as far as rounding up and deporting those who refuse to leave?

Take, for instance, sections of CA. Places like LA, Maywood, Cudahy, and other areas which have literally been occupied by illegal aliens convinced by politicians that it is Mexico.

Those people are dug in, as far as they are concerned they own the place, and they aren't going to budge. I think we all can probably agree on that.

Has anyone heard Romney say what he plans to do in situations like this? Obviously, whatever action is taken will need to be swift and aggressive leaving no doubt as to the fact that CA does, in fact, belong to the US and the illegal aliens are expected to leave.

I wonder if he's even considered how he will deal with the resistence he's going to meet.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath

There is the question, however, remaining as to just what he will do as far as rounding up and deporting those who refuse to leave?

Take, for instance, sections of CA. Places like LA, Maywood, Cudahy, and other areas which have literally been occupied by illegal aliens convinced by politicians that it is Mexico.

Those people are dug in, as far as they are concerned they own the place, and they aren't going to budge. I think we all can probably agree on that.

Has anyone heard Romney say what he plans to do in situations like this? Obviously, whatever action is taken will need to be swift and aggressive leaving no doubt as to the fact that CA does, in fact, belong to the US and the illegal aliens are expected to leave.

I wonder if he's even considered how he will deal with the resistence he's going to meet.[/b]
    He has talked about stopping federal funds to sanctuary cities. So these cities you mention can either enforce the laws, go broke, or riot. If they riot it will be all over for them.

Permanent residency = green card holder = legal immigrant.
    Applying for citizenship is not required if they have been granted permanent residency. However, the filing date for those covered by the 1986 amnesty has long passed. No applications should be accepted from illegals at this point.

Give them a date to take their families and go without penalty. Anyone here after that date is deported and forever barred from re-entering the country. Those deported need to be fingerprinted and the data on them entered in a database available to the public.

If the feds want to reform something, let it be the deportation process. If they can not produce papers that prove they are here legally, the legal process is over and they are out of here.

I like your signature, 1_paint. Although, I'd say it's more like a slow-motion invasion rather than a terrorist attack.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456