Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    SOSAD wrote:
    OK now Oliver, don't get testy we just want to make sure we are doing the right thing, most of us are fairly new at this phone calling. Last week I gave everyone their local zip, because I was affraid they would not take me seriouly and usually when they say call your Representatives
    they mean yours not everyone elses. But you and SIS went to DC so I'm sure you know more than us and we will do it your way, we just wanted to be sure, these are very important issues. Won't be long and we will all know what we are doing and things will be easier, we are going through a learning experience please be patient.

I am seriously not testy or upset with anybody!

What I didn't write and should of is how much we know!!! We know far more than they know. Trust me, SOSAD, if you had been in DC, you would have soooo much confidence now. We are so well-informed---you are sooo well-informed. They may act "snarky" but be firm and just say what you know which will blow them away.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    SOSAD, lol

Trust me! They count CALLS!! Not emails or faxes but CALLS!!

They fear CALLS

> we're not testy, just crazy
    So much is happening that sometimes it gets ahead of some of us.

And remember, WE ARE AMERICANS who have one goal.....AMERICA's WELL BEING. Have confidence, when you make a call, that YOU are special and you expect to be treated with respect & consideration.
    Okie Dokie, And I'm sorry we need you guys to teach some of us, I feel like I am in basic training We want to be good at it so we can make a differece, there's also alot of new people coming on board and these posts hopefully will help them to learn also and give them the comfidence to make calls. I'm really good writing the faxes and the e-mails, but I do need to work on my tact and diplomacy, it isn't going to do any good if I get hung up on!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    but I do need to work on my tact and diplomacy, it isn't going to do any good if I get hung up on!
    Funny you should say that....
    I just got off the phone with Nancy Pelosi's office aid.
    I tried a completly different tactic with her office.

I said..(lol) in my nicest sweetest voice.

I know Ms. pelosi has been very adamant that American's want a new direction as was seen by the vote for the Democratic Congress and Senate and I just wanted to make her aware of what had happened to four senior citizens while walking her halls..(told story)
    I said, I know Ms pelosi would be so upset to hear that seniors and vets would be treated like that and I wanted to ask her to make sure these good people were apologized to immediatly. So that the American people could see her good intentions at work.

Banned
    SOSAD wrote:
    Okie Dokie, And I'm sorry we need you guys to teach some of us, I feel like I am in basic training We want to be good at it so we can make a differece, there's also alot of new people coming on board and these posts hopefully will help them to learn also and give them the comfidence to make calls. I'm really good writing the faxes and the e-mails, but I do need to work on my tact and diplomacy, it isn't going to do any good if I get hung up on!
    Check your pm box!

We really had some negative experiences, too. But grit your teeth and be sooo polite--speak softly and carry a big stick so to speak. That still doesn't guarantee you won't be hung up on!

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    but I do need to work on my tact and diplomacy, it isn't going to do any good if I get hung up on!
    Funny you should say that....
    I just got off the phone with Nancy Pelosi's office aid.
    I tried a completly different tactic with her office.

I said..(lol) in my nicest sweetest voice.

I know Ms. pelosi has been very adamant that American's want a new direction as was seen by the vote for the Democratic Congress and Senate and I just wanted to make her aware of what had happened to four senior citizens while walking her halls..(told story)
    I said, I know Ms pelosi would be so upset to hear that seniors and vets would be treated like that and I wanted to ask her to make sure these good people were apologized to immediatly. So that the American people could see her good intentions at work.
    That was great Proud, I'll give it a try but I must tell you I don't think most people at my age who smoke (by the way) have a sweet voice. But you showed alot of tact. I think your going to be very good at this.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

That was great Proud, I'll give it a try but I must tell you I don't think most people at my age who smoke (by the way) have a sweet voice. But you showed alot of tact. I think your going to be very good at this.

LOL.

Just use your most sickly sweet condesendingly childlike voice.
    It works for them. They talk down to us all the time, like we are children.
    In fact, talk to them like the are naughty children. lol
    Turn it around on them. Appeal to their large egos! lol

You wouldn't want da mean ole pressy wessy to say you were naughty to old sick people would you dearie? So you make nice now and apologize to the nice people who you arrested..........

anyone got a gagging smiley to insert here? lol

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily

LOL.

Just use your most sickly sweet condesendingly childlike voice.
    It works for them. They talk down to us all the time, like we are children.
    In fact, talk to them like the are naughty children. lol
    Turn it around on them. Appeal to their large egos! lol

You wouldn't want da mean ole pressy wessy to say you were naughty to old sick people would you dearie? So you make nice now and apologize to the nice people who you arrested..........

anyone got a gagging smiley to insert here? lol

You guys are GREAT!

The very important observation that I came away with from my experience and opportunity to speak to soooooo many people from around the nation was this:

Truly, ALIPAC FOLKS KNOW more than a majority of other people ~ and ~ that includes the people on the Hill. INCLUDING MANY CONGRESS CRITTERS who, by the way, have NOT read much of the legislation

Why you might ask?
    Welllllll, look at the huge archive of information that we have worked on during these months.
    Look at the amazing amount of legislation that we have disected and discussed!!

Age is NOT a factor. Education is NOT a factor.
    What IS a factor is our ability to share KNOWLEDGE and that we have done more successfully than any other!

We each have a skill, a forte` if you will. TRUST in yourself, be yourself and forge ahead.

YOU ARE an AMAZING TEAM OF AMERICANS
    And I am honored to have the opportunity to work with YOU.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    INCLUDING MANY CONGRESS CRITTERS who, by the way, have NOT read much of the legislation
    And really, isn't that just scary?
    I think they read the title of alot of these bills, stick their fingers in the air to see which way the wind in blowing, sign on with it and go have a "Heart attack" Lunch.

Question?

How late do the congress critters and their bag carriers stay in the office each day? I'm on west coast time here. So I guess time is getting short today. I called all the main players and then a few extra for good measure. I have to make calls in between kids screaming for food, for help with school work and at each other of the tv remote! :P

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast