Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Most Illegal Mexican Aliens Open to Guest Worker Program

Most Illegal Mexican Aliens Open to Guest Worker Program

A majority of illegal Mexicans are open to Bush's proposed guest worker program, or so says a study released by the Pew Hispanic Center. The program would grant illegal workers temporary residence for five years. Many Hispanic leaders are still scowling over the temporary nature of the program, but... perhaps the supporters believe something is better than nothing.
    The survey was conducted at Mexican consulates in the U.S. among 5,000 illegal aliens who applied for an identity card. The study's main findings show that 42 percent expect to remain in the U.S. "as long as they can," 17 percent "for the rest of my life," and 27 percent for five years or less. 71 percent answered that "they would participate in a program that would allow them to work in the United States and cross the border legally on the condition that they eventually return to Mexico." First reactions to this survey state that it "shows exactly what we've been telling the administration, that the vast majority of illegal aliens... have no intention of returning to their countries of origin," expressed by Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.), chairman of the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus. Dan Stein, executive director of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, who does not support any program that would allow illegals to work here legally for a limited amount of time, said "One thing we know for sure is that under the current state of affairs, no one would ever be forced to go home," he said. "That's a hell of a thing to build a policy on." Read the full survey and press release here

It appears that 71% want to work and return home. Why do want we to give them all amnesty or a path to citizenship?

I don't know how it is in the rest of the country, but in Southern California, as far as the illegals are concerned, they ARE home.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Of course the illegal aliens in America are "open" to a Guest Worker Amnesty because it is an AMNESTY and will allow them to stay in America or come and go as they please.

NO AMNESTY! SECURE OUR BORDERS! ENFORCE OUR EXISTING LAWS! ILLEGALS GO HOME!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have been active here posting on ALIPAC and have done assorted volunteering for the state group the Massachusetts Citizens for Immigration Reform and I have done volunteer work and faxing for NumbersUSA.

I was born the grandson of two naturalized citizens and I have relatives who are citizens of other countries. I have kept in touch with foreign relatives one of whom was the head of the Mexican diplomatic corps. I am more frequently in touch now with Fredo. What I see now is convergence between elements of the Mexican nationalists and the immigration Enforcement Lobby.

There are Mexican nationalists and Immigration Enforcement pundits like Roy Beck and Mark Krikorian who want the same five year outcome. By the year 2012 half the illegal aliens here should have gone on home. The number of people who are illegals should also be cut in half.

Mexicans nationalists want their people back home with savings to create jobs there. It is the Mexican American ethnic power politicians who are most at odds with us.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A guest worker's program is it right or wrong ?
    Morally it's wrong, it's rewarding law breakers.
    Maybe America can benefit from the guest worker's program.
    There are reason to support and oppose a program like that.

If the lawbreakers grant amnesty... a 'temporary guest worker program', I'd be willing to be a nickel, that the OBL crowd will be working immediately on getting a law passed to all the 'temporary workers' permanent resisdency. IMO. So no wonder, they do NOT mind anything which will get them closer to the goal of citizenship .
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

It appears that 71% want to work and return home. Why do want we to give them all amnesty or a path to citizenship?
    Why don't we just send them home??
    <div>If you love this nation, please stop illegal immigration.</div>

Anyone that would believe the current government when they say the illegals will leave later is smoking crack and completely brain dead.

There is no enforcement credibility with the current lawmaker balance of power in DC.

Perhaps after at least 5 years of solid enforcement and when the number of illegals has gone beneath 5 million down from 12+, then we might talk about a Guest Worker Program.

To do so before that is complete insanity and will only bring us more of what Americans don't want.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

First it is neccessary for us to realize that there is more than one motive involved. The mainstream Mexican nationalists want to see Mexico itself where 90% still live develop. Having the illegals here is only one means to an end. It is people who want to be elected here or funding for privately run but public funded programs based on the presence of a large group of Mexicans who want them to stay here indefinitely. There is a mixture of motives within people but their prime motive sets them into two camps. The best way to see that the people whose main motive is the first motive iwin s for us to educate in how to use all members of the Mexican community here how to use their remittance money effectively. A flow of remittances can be used to create a culture of dependent consumption as now or acquire productive assets which would support them living there even after the illegals are gone.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The threat of deportation needs to remain there. If someone goes from being illegal to being a guest worker the thing which is the reason that they can still be here should not be primarily being law abiding followed by keeping a job. The reason should be law being abiding followed by being someone who uses their remittances to build an asset base that employs their family there and will employ them when they leave.

There is a Haitian who I have spoken with who made a hndred million dollar fortune making food for Church's and Popeyes. The two things he said proudly was he employs thousands in Texas in the United States and he has brought in over thirty other Haitians. Well what I want to hear is how many jobs did he create in Haiti that made people want to stay here.

There needs to be an ability to change jobs rather than be dependent on just one
    employer.

I am for a five year lmit on the Z visa and no Y visa. There should also be disqualifiers that tell some that the Z visa is not available to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast