Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MTV To Launch Spanish Language Channel

MTV will launch a USA Spanish language station named 'MTV Tres' according to Jennifer Lopez at the MTV Video Music Awards this evening. She said the station will allow young latinos to celebrate "Musical Latino" and their heritage.

An ad for the new station played early on during the broadcast in all spanish. The ad showed an elderly hispanic woman playing with her catholic beads as her daughter (in her early teens) enters the room in skantily clad clothing. Her mom continues to play with the beads and say things disapprovingly as she keeps coming in the room with new outfits. Finally the daughter enters with a t-shirt and jeans and the mom stops playing with her beads. Then the girls boyfriend, an older hispanic male in his 20's towering over her and covered in tattoos with a blue bandana on, enters the room and puts his arms around the daughter and the mom begins playing vigorously with her beads again.

Well.. that's it for my one day of watching MTV, back to not watching again.

www.mtvtres.com

MTV In Spanish

This is just wrong! Many Hispanic teenagers in Miami already do not want to speak English in public even though they go to English speaking high schools and colleges and were born here. This encourages it even more. How about a MTV station that plays no Hispanic musicians as they have their own station! I guess MTV is not making enough money to resort to that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh well, arent they the ones with that Jackass show? for all the stupid people that watch that one I guess it should at least be in a language they can understand it.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I have Comcast cable and have had it for about 4 months now. When I first got it I had 2 Spanish channels. I've noticed that I now have 4 Spanish channels. I have actually thought about calling Comcast to complain about this subtle but very obvious phasing in of more totally Spanish programming. After all I was promised 150 channels not 146 and since I have no interest in watching TV in a foreign language, I am wondering if I have a legitimate complaint.

Anyone know?

Cable Channels in Spanish

I thank you for briging this subject up and will look into it. In Miami we have several Spanish channels in our Comcast package. I do not watch them at all and feel I should not have to have them. Why don't they have sattelite tv in their language as other ethnics do such as the Russians.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

you guys are over reacting on this, English is my language, but this is a multicultural nation, we are all here against illegal immigration period.

Countries like Sweden , Holland, etc their people speak 4 or 5 languages and they have no problems, so concentrate on the Ball-(subject) .

Diversity makes this nation a Great place to live in, illegal Immigrans not.

We should all embrace what this nation has to offer, we cannot discrimanate because some Legal citizens speak other language, at some point most people that came here hundreds of years ago spoke another language, and YES we should all speak English , but also should be allowed to retain their ethnic identity, just like most Europeans have done so , that came here 200 years ago, now we have a new wave of people coming from other nations, off course the ones that are legally here.
    do not confuse illegal immigrant with culture brought here by law abiding legit immigrants.
    I will always Stand by the Eagle, I will never betray the Eagle, I am loyal to the Eagle!

we cannot discrimanate because some Legal citizens speak other language
    Everyone contact their cable/satellite company with the message above. Tell them you will disconnect unless they bring fairness to their programming. All minority languages should be featured in the interest of diversity.

Top 30 World Languages
    Language - Family - Script(s) Used - Speakers in (Millions) - Where spoken (Major)

1 Mandarin Sino-Tibetan Chinese Characters 1051 China, Malaysia, Taiwan
    2 English Indo-European Latin 510 USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand
    3 Hindi Indo-European Devanagari 490 North and Central India
    4 Spanish Indo-European Latin 425 The Americas, Spain
    5 Arabic Afro-Asiatic Arabic 255 Middle East, Arabia, North Africa
    6 Russian Indo-European Cyrillic 254 Russia, Central Asia
    7 Portuguese Indo-European Latin 218 Brazil, Portugal, Southern Africa
    8 Bengali Indo-European Bengali 215 Bangladesh, Eastern India
    9 Malay, Indonesian Malayo-Polynesian Latin 175 Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore
    10 French Indo-European Latin 130 France, Canada, West Africa, Central Africa
    11 Japanese Altaic Chinese Characters and 2 Japanese Alphabets 127 Japan
    12 German Indo-European Latin 123 Germany, Austria, Central Europe
    13 Farsi (Persian) Indo-European Nastaliq 110 Iran, Afghanistan, Central Asia
    14 Urdu Indo-European Nastaliq 104 Pakistan, India
    15 Punjabi Indo-European Gurumukhi 103 Pakistan, India
    16 Vietnamese Austroasiatic Based on Latin 86 Vietnam, China
    17 Tamil Dravidian Tamil 78 Southern India, Sri Lanka, Malyasia
    18 Wu Sino-Tibetan Chinese Characters 77 China
    19 Javanese Malayo-Polynesian Javanese 76 Indonesia
    20 Turkish Altaic Latin 75 Turkey, Central Asia
    21 Telugu Dravidian Telugu 74 Southern India
    22 Korean Altaic Hangul 72 Korean Peninsula
    23 Marathi Indo-European Devanagari 71 Western India
    24 Italian Indo-European Latin 61 Italy, Central Europe
    25 Thai Sino-Tibetan Thai 60 Thailand, Laos
    26 Cantonese Sino-Tibetan Chinese Characters 55 Southern China
    27 Gujarati Indo-European Gujarati 47 Western India, Kenya
    28 Polish Indo-European Latin 46 Poland, Central Europe
    29 Kannada Dravidian Kannada 44 Southern India
    30 Burmese Sino-Tibetan Burmese 42 Myanmar
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandbluelatino
    you guys are over reacting on this, English is my language, but this is a multicultural nation, we are all here against illegal immigration period.

Countries like Sweden , Holland, etc their people speak 4 or 5 languages and they have no problems, so concentrate on the Ball-(subject) .

Diversity makes this nation a Great place to live in, illegal Immigrans not.

We should all embrace what this nation has to offer, we cannot discrimanate because some Legal citizens speak other language, at some point most people that came here hundreds of years ago spoke another language, and YES we should all speak English , but also should be allowed to retain their ethnic identity, just like most Europeans have done so , that came here 200 years ago, now we have a new wave of people coming from other nations, off course the ones that are legally here.
    do not confuse illegal immigrant with culture brought here by law abiding legit immigrants.
    You don't think this is Viacom simply trying to capitalize on the impressionable youth of our nation? I do.

but this is a multicultural nation
    And that is a large part of the problems we face today. Multiethnic is one thing. Multicultural is completely another. Multicuturalism is killing this country!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Re: Cable Channels in Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I thank you for briging this subject up and will look into it. In Miami we have several Spanish channels in our Comcast package. I do not watch them at all and feel I should not have to have them. Why don't they have sattelite tv in their language as other ethnics do such as the Russians.
    Thanks swatchick. To me it's the equivalent of an attempt at brainwashing. They think if they phase it in gradually we'll become accustomed and accepting of their tactics. I had the same problem with the phasing in of pressing 2 for English. I noticed it happening in 1998 but because it was sporadic, I overlooked it. Now that it has become the norm its cringeworthy when I am attempting to contact customer service. Needless to say, I won't be overlooking subtlties anymore.

I totally disagree. If they want to pander to the Spanish culture, fine just do it on separate bandwidth. I have no interest in watching programs in Spanish. Ironically, the 4 programs that do come on in Spanish are Jerry Springeresque in quality, which I find disgusting in any language.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast