Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My client didn't know he had someone else's Social Security

http://www.citybankonline-idtheft.com/a ... t?sp=10733

U.S. Supreme Court Hears Immigration-Real ID Theft Case
    Law used to prosecute illegal workers comes under scrutiny
    March 2009

March 1, 2009

When federal agents broke down the front door of Ignacio Flores-Figueroa’s house in Davenport, Iowa, in January 2007, his arrest didn’t merit a story in the Quad-City Times, the local newspaper. He was just another Mexican worker at a nearby steel plant, one of hundreds of undocumented immigrants in Iowa rounded up by federal law enforcement agents for using fake identifications and a fake Social Security card to get a job.

Like most of those arrested, Flores-Figueroa pleaded guilty to having fake documents and being in the country illegally. He was sentenced to four years in prison for these crimes.

But then Flores-Figueroa was charged with a new crime: identity theft. This was part of a new strategy by federal prosecutors to try undocumented workers using a recent federal law against identity theft. Flores-Figueroa pleaded not guilty. It was this decision that began his journey from obscure immigrant in a small Midwestern city to a character in a national legal drama.

The U.S. Supreme Court began hearing Flores-Figueroa's case last week. Law enforcement officials defend the charges as justified.

“Identity theft remains a means by which illegal aliens, terrorists and other criminals seek to commit financial fraud, remain in the U.S., or evade detection from authorities,â€

This just proves how inept and negligent our government system is. They cant even consider the fact that:

A: He had documents that werent legal or his KNOWINGLY to be used in a criminal manner..

B: Does this immigrant have absolutely NO brain at all? Fake social security numbers can't be registered in the federal system that is why they steal the SSN's of babies, children, dead people, and anyone else they can.

C: What kind of shady character doesnt plead guilty to knowingly having a fraudulent SSN that does not belong to him when he previously admits himself that he knowingly knew the documents were fraudulent? Fraud is fraud, there is no two ways around it, thanks to the pro amnesty civil rights for illegals for calling in and whining about a serious issue to divert attention on the real problem, to further tie up our already stressed court systems the illegals shove down our throats.

[quote]“My client didn't know he had someone else's Social Security number,â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Oh they know.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You rob a 7-11, you take a gun, you point it at the guy behind the register to make him give you the money, the gun goes off, you kill him, you're charged with robbery and murder. Will there be any "advocates" standing up for this US citizen who says "I didn't know the gun was loaded, I just took it to scare him so he'd give me the money so I could feed my family because I got laid off at the steel plant when they started hiring illegal aliens"? Is there a federal court in the country or a Supreme Court in the history of the United States that would think prosecutors who charged this poor sap with both robbery and murder were "abusing" the murder statute because the robber didn't KNOW the gun he took was loaded?!

There is also an assertion of law that applies to US citizens on almost everything, and that is the assertion that if you didn't know, you should have known. Prosecutors need to assert that position in these cases with illegal aliens the same way they do against US citizens.

This attitude that you're just a dumb helpless illegal immigrant who doesn't know anything and therefore can't be held responsible for anything is actually quite racist at its core.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    Oh they know.
    Of course they know and it's quite racist of our courts and these "advocates" to claim otherwise.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ignorance of the law is no excuse if your a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Discouraged
    Ignorance of the law is no excuse if your a citizen.
    Exactly. And ignorance of the law of a country you entered illegally is no excuse either.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse unless you are an illegal alien.