Thread: My Fla Senator

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My Fla Senator

This guy drives me nuts . The spin in this letter is deep . Since they have allowed so many Illegals in now , they play on that with lies imo

"Mel_Martinez@martinez.senate.gov" to me
    show details 10:00 am (8 hours ago)

Below is a response to the recent comments I received from you:

Dear Mr. xxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me regarding immigration reform. I appreciate hearing from you and would like to respond to your concerns.

As you may know, on June 28, 2007, the Senate voted to set aside debate once again on the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 (S.1639).

I firmly believe addressing this issue in a comprehensive manner is critical to our nation’s security and continued prosperity. While securing our borders is top priority, we must also address the economic and law enforcement realities of having millions of illegal immigrants already living and working in the United States. Any solution to this problem must be practical to be effective. Efforts to secure our borders should be coupled with necessary changes to our current ambiguous and ineffective immigration policies to maximize security for our country. Additionally, gaining operational control of the border will not cease the problem if we do not gain control of our employment system. Please know that, I will continue to work with President Bush and my colleagues in Congress to develop a plan that will halt the flow of illegal immigrants crossing our border while implementing needed changes to our immigration laws.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Do not hesitate to contact me with any additional questions or comments. For more information about issues and activities important to Florida, please sign up for my weekly newsletter at http://martinez.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Mel Martinez
    United States Senator
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

He is my Senator also

This is the usual response from him. Only one time did I get a real response from him. I was bluntly honest(my view.) He read that as bluntly unfair.(his view) I believe I suggested that he was corrupt and incompetent. He defended his lies and stated that he was an immigrant. I responded that he neglected to add the operative word illegal. After that heated exchange, we are back to his letters of many words and no substance.
    You think this is lame until you compare with our other esteemed Senator, Bill Nelson.
    The Universe is punishing Floridians. What did we do to deserve these two?

Re: He is my Senator also

Quote Originally Posted by shelvapreston
    This is the usual response from him. Only one time did I get a real response from him. I was bluntly honest(my view.) He read that as bluntly unfair.(his view) I believe I suggested that he was corrupt and incompetent. He defended his lies and stated that he was an immigrant. I responded that he neglected to add the operative word illegal. After that heated exchange, we are back to his letters of many words and no substance.
    You think this is lame until you compare with our other esteemed Senator, Bill Nelson.
    The Universe is punishing Floridians. What did we do to deserve these two?
    You are so right ! I have many letters from Nelson also . I use to receive hand written letters from the Senator . Till immigration heated up. Guess i got on his nerves to much ! I think he and Mel send out the same letters.But He ain't seen nuttin yet . I demand my voice be heard in this now screwed up state thanks to jeb we can't vote bush .
    Perhaps you and i can work together for more of a voice ? i'm in ocala btw .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

DITTO to the above statements.

I feel unrepresented and my House Rep. Connie Mack is useless too and does not even answer my emails.The only reason he was elected to office is because his father was a great congressman.

It's time to get these useless tools out of office as soon as we can.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Yes we can work together

I am in Palm Beach County. I devote three hours each day to phoning and e-mailing. Each week, I e-mail each Senator and ask "What action have you personally taken this week to remove Mexican Trucks from our freeways?" The answers prove that each lacks the ability to understand the question.
    I get information from news, and several trustworthy boards. Mostly, I work alone with the issues that interest me. I participate with numbersusa and Alipac on each campaign.
    I find that on the State level, elected officials do not respond. Not one time has the Governor answered my questions. The same is true for local PBC office holders.
    Let me know what you are doing and how we can work together.

CR
    I live in Broward County. I've never gotten a response back from either one of our Senators and I have called, e-mailed, faxed and written a gazillion times. I'm sure that both of them are sick of me also. Rep Klein has answered everything that I have sent to him. But Nelson and Martinez? They are completely worthless.

Florida Newspapers

As you know, all are addicted to sob story pro invaders. I read all editorials and respond to all pro invader stories. Seldom do they use my comments. Every day, I choose three small town papers, not in FL, to send letters to Editors. I have had calls from Maryland, Alabama, Texas Editors re comments and requesting additional information on FL invaders. I also use ALIPAC news links as a resource. This approach has had some success and I do not always check back to see if comments were printed. Small town papers appear to be more receptive. Chicago Trib/ San Francisco Chronicle thought my comments harsh but I challenged them to find them incorrect.
    RE: Ron Klein He has town hall meetings and always open forum. You can speak always. His immigration voting record does not meet my standards. However, my views are adamant and if he disagrees he is wrong! No compromise! On other issues, he is good. And he always responds.
    Today, for the first time, Charlie Boy actually responded to my questioning his judgment on his support for a presidential candidate with obvious mental problems.
    If you have time, possibly you can write letter to all the newspapers. The same message coming from different sources and constantly could have an impact. Ever little positive thrust is good.