Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What about this for compromise?

I've never understood how working in the US equates to US citizenship.

What about this? I'll take Gallo wine in this example.

If Gallo wines needs to hire illegal immigrants, then one compromise is for them to sponsor that individual for the period they are in the US. Gallo should pay all of their expenses to avoid them becoming a drain on our social services. Gallo will be responsible for their hospital bills, food stamps, education costs and billed directly for such costs. If their sponsored guest worker commits a crime, Gallo will be held liable for that as well. All other "non sponsored" guest workers should be deported immediately and prevented from returning.

After all, why should the American taxpayer foot the bill for Gallo wine to use cheap labor. If they want cheap labor, they need to support the guest worker.

Once Gallo ends their sponsorship of the guest worker, he or she must return to their native country. There is no reason why someone working in the US should be given blanket citizenship.

This is part of the current legal immigration laws anyway. To immigrate to the US you have to prove you can support yourself and not be a burden on the American taxpayer. If you do not have the resources to support yourself, you must have someone sign on your behalf that they will be responsible for your care if the need ever arises. Credit checks are done, etc.

Would like thoughts on this

Banned
    Great laws, dianne!

Too bad they're not enforced...

This is part of the current legal immigration laws anyway. To immigrate to the US you have to prove you can support yourself and not be a burden on the American taxpayer. If you do not have the resources to support yourself, you must have someone sign on your behalf that they will be responsible for your care if the need ever arises. Credit checks are done, etc.

Would like thoughts on this
    OK-- this is the type of immigration law I THOUGHT I was familiar with. People from places like Australia and England were (and maybe still are) allowed in this country legally under sponsorship.

Part of the reason things got fouled up was because so many people who were here legally sent for family members who they intended to (or claimed they would) keep track of and then they lost track of them.

Meantime, the immigration office became corrupt and all sorts of people were let into this country who shouldn't have been let in.

Then they all found out that you could buy passports and other documents on the black market (Puerto Rico is a place where hispanic-name documents are sold regularly!) and paper mills started learning how to forge better papers.

All the while these criminal activities were being perfected, the government sat around pretending that thousands, then millions of illegal immigrants weren't walking across the border and using false documents at legal checkpoints.

Now we have a damn mess! And now we are going to have to throw out every single corrupted official in order to fix it. Do you know who you are voting for in November and why?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dk3
    Quote Originally Posted by joseguia
    nah, not threatening, I'm soo NOT a violent person!

I believe you misunderstood me, I will identify myself as Jose Guia! Thats all he gets! I know the laws, I have a TX ID.

But see exactly what you just said is exactly what I'm talking about, they are gonna look at me and think , surely one of his parents broke a law. NO wrong, My moms side is IRISH, but I LOOK AS MEXICAN as anyone crossing the border!

Thats the reason I threw my moms name up there, no how am I not supposed to be offended by you telling me "if your parents violated our immigration laws to come here. This whole "born here, citizen here" thing is a farse.
    ".

Bull, if we trace everyone far back enough only the native americans .. blah blah bla., you get it.
    And I AM Native American.

And your BLOOD, Sir, ... was here long before any of us.

My husband is also Indian - but someone was here before the Indians came -

And if someone is a Mexican - that is a cross between Indians and Spaniards - so why can't we get off this little side issue that has no bearing on the problem at hand.

The problem is people being here illegally. I don't care if they are pea green with purple stripes and from Mars - they are destroying America and something needs to be done.

Trying to get us sidetracked from our main issue and our main task - seems to be working.

We shouldn't let it happen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dk3
    Quote Originally Posted by joseguia
    And your BLOOD, Sir, ... was here long before any of us.
    Yes, it was, and through the years, we have seen first hand what people coming in this country, trying their best to destroy it will do. That is shy it's time to put a stop to this ILLEGAL BS.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617