Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I finally asked her "how is all of this immigration legislation going to be helpful when we have agreements like NAFTA, CAFTA and the FTAA that opens our borders and forces us to accept the ruling of tribunals such as the one that says under NAFTA we have to allow all Mexican Truck Drivers access to US Highways." Half of the crowed erupted into a cheer. She paused then she stopped the conversation and said this meeting is not about trade, it is about immigration. Her aide standing behind me wanted me to fill out a card so Ms. Myrick could address my concerns, so I gave them my information. Her aide spoke to me for some time telling me that Ms. Myrick is only one person in which I responded "Her one vote made a big difference." She assured me that Myrick would call me, but I highly doubt it.
    Very good question, JP. Guess you can say you really "called Myrick on the carpet." Good for you! The cheer says there's lots of awake people out there!

"If you ain't awake, you're missing out!" :P

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    There were approximately 200 people there and nearly half of the room erupted into a cheer.

Myrick got a little upset when I asked the CAFTA question and told me that "this meeting is not about Trade" and went on to the next person. I should have completed my statement, but since another person was getting loud and shouting over others, I decided not to do that, because after all at least 20 members of the Gardner family was there and it would have been disrespectful to them.
    she was there for a pep rally not a reality check
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Mophead and Mamie, I agree, she was there more for a pep rally than a reality check, but yes I did call her on the carpet and she ran with her tail between her legs. I said nothing that wasn’t true. I have to look over my notes for today's conversation with Jim Person and Matt Priest and will post it later. I will not back down again, I can assure you that.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Mophead and Mamie, I agree, she was there more for a pep rally than a reality check, but yes I did call her on the carpet and she ran with her tail between her legs. I said nothing that wasn’t true. I have to look over my notes for today's conversation with Jim Person and Matt Priest and will post it later. I will not back down again, I can assure you that.
    Good for you! we are here rallying the troops!

I have been in touch with Representative Trent Franks office. He is initiating a Congressional hearing on judicial misconduct and I have sent to him my proposed legislation and also some of the articles that I posted on this site asserting that neither Congress nor the President has the power to grant "amnesty" to illegal aliens.

Please contact his office at 202-225-4576 in support of "The Judicial Reformation and Reorganization Act of 2005" .... this proposed legislation protects the American people against the judicial outlaws
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Good job, JP.

Dear JP & Allies:

You were the man that got after Myrick on CAFTA, FTAA etc. I also attended this meeting and was about in the middle row off to the left of you. Great job is right and the crowd did cheer your grilling on CAFTA.
    I was the man that asked her the question about Banks and the open border Corporates that aids and drives illegal immigration and her stance on Bush's guest worker program (how Bush wants open Borders). Recall that she said, her and other Republicans had a meeting with Bush and told him that an amnesty/open Border is out of the question. Bush will find a way to twist, change words and water it down to make it so.
    To let you know, I am also with the John Birch Society and the Citizens Committee to Stop The FTAA. Myself and another Member did get some brochures and The New American magazine, that explained the bad deal called FTAA, into the hands of Myrick's staff Aide. Myrick should feel bad and guilty about passing CAFTA. Also got FTAA info to Rep. John Rhodes of NC Leg.

Like to let you and any other persons here reading this that might be interested ---- I am having a presentation/meeting on the FTAA (& associated Border issues) to inform the public on the FTAA, to motivate to organize Americans. This presentation is on Tuesday, August 30th at 6:30 pm at the Patrick Beaver Memorial Library (Conference Room) in Hickory. The library is at 375 3rd St. NE (Rt. 127 North, a main strip, runs
    on the back side of the library) (Rt. 127 can be gotten off from 321 North). The library phone # is (82 304-0500.

I will be running an advertisement for this event in the Hickory Daily Record on Sun. Aug 28th and Tues. Aug 30th.

Anyone interested can call me at: (82 381-2786 or e-mail to: rkingsnake@charter.net

Ronlaws. I remember the question and how Myrick answered. She seemed adamant on the immigration issue but didn’t answer my CAFTA question. Anyways, I wish I knew you were going to be there, I would have said hello.

Sitting in the back was nice because of all the elected officials were standing behind me. Did I ask my question loud enough?

I plan to attend as many public events that I can to ask the tough questions of these politicians that voted for CAFTA and any other issues that concern me. I’ll pass the word about your meeting.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Thanks JP. Yes, you said it loud enough because the reaction of the crowd showed they wanted Myrick to take 'heat' about CAFTA. Myrick definitely didn't want CAFTA brought up. It is good because it makes her think about what she has done and for future Trade Agreements.

John Rhodes had said that many NC State Legislators opposed CAFTA but that of course it was a federal issue.

RonLaws,
    Myrick and others will continue to hear from me about the CAFTA vote as well as other open border Trade Agreement legislation such as the FTAA. We are already having some of our manufacturers in our area moving to Central America

RonLaws, How did the meeting go?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12