Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    The 14th Amendment does not need to be changed it is the interpretation which went off track after the Wong Kim Ark Supreme Court decision 30 years later.
    Yes, in the 1960's liberals in the US government (Ted Kennedy) decided to give illegal babies full US citizenship. Before that in the 1930's and 1950's they were not considered to be US citizens, they were deported along with their illegal parents.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Happen to see this on-line

What are you doing to ensure that the DREAM Act will pass in 2009?

Welcome Googler! If you find this page useful, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for updates on this topic.
    Powered by WP Greet Box

1. How to Vote
    2. How to Endorse

On behalf of the student activists on this site, I would like to say that this effort is not about Change.org — it is about garnering support and mobilization for the DREAM Act, about taking back discourse and finding the best way to frame an issue that is unnecessarily divisive. America needs the DREAM Act as much as undocumented students need it — we all lose if this legislation is not passed. America will lose human and financial capital, talented students and a substantial tax-base. The students will lose the chance to gain equality of opportunity in their own country.

About.com Immigration blog picked up the Change.org mobilization story as well:

The children of undocumented parents should not be punished by denying them a chance at legalization. This path to citizenship isn’t a free ride: the DREAM Act requires that these children attend college or enlist in the military and show good moral character. Be the voice for these children. Vote now.

It is true that we are politically disenfranchised, but we are trying to carve a voice for ourselves in as many pro-migrant places as possible.

A DREAM Act student, Maria, has taken it upon herself to get the word out about the DREAM Act. This is how her story goes:

“…My name is Maria and I am a DREAM Act beneficiary. I arrived in this country at the young age of 12, with my parents, from Peru. I am now 21 years old and undocumented. I have grown up in the United States and consider this country my only home. If sent back to Peru, I would be banned from the U.S. for 10 years and the chances of coming back are slim to none. I graduated from high school in 2004 and since then, it has been difficult for me to continue my education as a result of my status. The DREAM Act would help me, and students in my situation, realize our dreams of becoming active members of society by allowing us to attend school or join the military….â€

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12