Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NEED HELP in Laguna Beach!

TUESDAY, JUNE 3RD @ 6:00pm
    This is an agenda item, so I don't know what time the comment section will begin.

Hello All,

Please see the news release below. The Laguna Beach city council is VOTING on TUESDAY whether to purchase the Caltrans land for the day labor site.

I will be there to speak out and I hope others will join me. We especially NEED Laguna Beach people. We DESPERATELY need Laguna Beach people! I NEED all the help I can get!

This is a VERY IMPORTANT city council meeting and I really, really need HELP!

http://immigration.freedomblogging.com/ ... -purchase/

Laguna Beach to vote on day labor site purchase
    May 30th, 2008, 6:55 am · 1 Comment · posted by Amy Taxin

Laguna Beach’s City Council will vote on Tuesday on whether to purchase the land where the city’s day labor hiring center is located, a deal that could put an end to a two-year struggle over ownership of the property.
    City Manager Ken Frank has asked the Council to approve the $18,000 purchase from Caltrans of the sliver of land on Laguna Canyon Road, which would be used for parkland.
    Frank said the day labor hiring site, which is run by a non-profit community organization, could continue to use the space as it sees fit as could other members of the public. He said the California Transportation Commission board must still sign off on the purchase contract — click here to read a copy – at a meeting in June or July.
    The Laguna Beach day labor center has long been a flash point in the debate over illegal immigration in Orange County. But the property where the center is located became the subject of controversy nearly two years ago after city resident and anti-illegal immigration activist Eileen Garcia uncovered that the parcel was in fact owned by Caltrans.

YOU MAY ALSO ADD COMMENTS ON LINE TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT BY GOING TO THE LINK. ADD COMMENTS AT THE BOTTOM.

Frank said the day labor hiring site, which is run by a non-profit community organization, could continue to use the space as it sees fit as could other members of the public. He said the California Transportation Commission board must still sign off on the purchase contract — click here to read a copy – at a meeting in June or July.
    Hi OCAngel. I'm also from OC, but up the coast a few miles. I'm a little confused here. Even if the city does purchase this site, are they still not giving the non-profit who's currently utilizing this site as a day labor site the permission to continue to use this site as such.

What's going to change if the city makes this purchase? Will the day site be shut down if in fact the city makes the purchase?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi NoBueno,

No, not much will change as far as the operation on the day labor site, but Laguna Beach will now be FULLY in control of the land. My elected officials have been very helpful since the land has belonged to the State (Caltrans). With it out of the state's control there is not much more they can do for us.

The issue is that the land was appraised for $1.2 MILLION!, but the city of Laguna Beach threatened to zone it as "open space", which immediately devalued it and scared off potential buyers.

The land was reappraised by the city and it was valued at a mere $18,000. (Yes, that's only 3 zeros at the end).

So, in light of the state of CA having a $15 BILLION deficit on our hands, the city of Laguna Beach was able to CHEAT the state out of OVER a MILLION $$$$.

I believe Caltrans is just as guilty in this deal, because they are also the department that bowed down to the Latino special interest groups and denied the SDMM a Freeway Clean Up sign. I'm sure that the Latino Caucus has their hand in this Laguna Beach deal, too.

You notice how the Laguna city manager claims that "any other group can use the land". HA! RIGHT! The first time someone tries they will be arrested.

PLEASE try to make it to the city council meeting. I can't do this alone and unless I get some support here in Laguna Beach I am going to GIVE UP!

Good Luck . The deal looks dirty . It should be scrubed imo
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

We are going to help with todays national email alert.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-696794.html#696794

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)