Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Need input and contribution to flier

Because the news has been full of crying farmers, ranchers and the like lately, I have decided to make an attempt to bridge the gap between us and them with an explanation of sorts, and a possible invitation to discuss these points. I plan on visiting some of the farming towns surrounding my area that have made statements to the effect that they need workers and present them photos of our day labor sites, rallies of anchor babies demanding "their" continent back, and logs of crimes committed by aliens. To get the ball rolling, I'm going to distribute a flier at the stops I make to introduce our grievances. This needs to be a double sided 8.5" x 11" black and white that touches on the major points we want to make that might at least interest them in dialogue. I'm going to start the ball rolling with the title line on one side. It isn't cast in stone though.
    Please give it some thought and add your comments or contributions. Please remember that farmers and ranchers are not going to be receptive to cynicism or sarcasm.

Why We Oppose Comprehensive Immigration Reform
    by us city dwellers
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

My oldest daughter lives in a small town.

Much illegal labor is well entrenched. It has been done for generations.

The rural areas DO have trouble attracting workers. (Even farm worker wages are rising)

Be sure you can show implied costs to the benifits they get from the illegal labor.

Face to face most in a small town will agree that illegal immigration is a problem. They see that labor is needed and at a cheap price but dont know how to get it. Show them alternatives.

Religion is big out there too. Lots of religous brainwashing just like here in the city. The difference these people take there institutional religions seriously.

Maybe some census data about there area concerning illegal populations and costs would be helpful

thats what comes to mind
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Please give it some thought and add your comments or contributions. Please remember that farmers and ranchers are not going to be receptive to cynicism or sarcasm.
    They won't be receptive at all. You'll be risking your life. Join a focus group on Alipac.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They won't be receptive at all. You'll be risking your life. Join a focus group on Alipac
    It's my life, and I am focusing where I think I can learn and contribute. If you read my obituary, you can send an "I told you so" card.
    What makes you think they won't be receptive? They are looking for support for the reform, and we want any bills in congress to represent our concerns also. In the very least, it gets our side of the equation out there where the media is not.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

April
    It sounds like you feel a real need to do this so, I say go for it. I think if you put it together in a way that does not alienate the Farmers and Ranchers it could very well work for you, at least in some instances. Everyone needs to contribute and do his or her part for this important cause and if you feel this is the way you need to do your part, Go for it!
    I wish you success.

I think you should do this. These are honest people. If you win them over you can count on them for votes and support.

A large rural network could mean the differnce on close immigration issues.

Many congress people have to answer to a rural constiuency. If they find anti illegal sentiment is hurting there chance in the city and it is close that rural vote can do the job.

We should all be supportive of your efforts. The can't do cynics in this group do little to bring about change

GET IT DONE
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

This is part of this plan:
    The new sign trailer. with an 8 foot tall x 16 foot long billboard on top of it. Should be ready for words and images this friday

Mexico has a problem with disease that we do not have. When the rancher's fences are cut, and the roaming cows are introduced to our stock, there is the potential to have our food source contaminated. In addition to that, it can also affect our water source. I have read many articles about cattle ranchers angry about illegal immigration. I find it hard to believe that they would not already know this. The spinach scare is a great example of what unsanitary conditions can do to our produce.