Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Legal Immigration Levels

The obvious thing to do is to stop all legal immigration into this country so we can lay the groundwork for normalized immigration. Not this open borders crap we have now. But I think that would ultimately cause many problems for well-meaning people with an valid reason for immigrating. Damned the problems it would cause for the politicians - they can screw themselves.

If we had a good-hearted, zero BS American like Sheriff Joe who could take over the State department and force all government employees therein to simply do their job, we could have normal immigration without some new government program and taxes to cover it.......By the way, I always thought the responsibility of border security, passports, relations with our neighbors,etc, etc. rested with the State Department. If it would do it's job we wouldn't need the Department of Homeland Security(quasi-fascists is what I call them)

Cheers

It's all about lower wages.

What's wrong with this country? We make it hard for people to become nurses then we have an excuse to bring in nurses from other countries at a lower wage. Have you ever tried to explain your problem to a healthcare worker when they have limited english skills?

I also voted that legal immigration should be stopped.
    I believe that there are more than enough people here to fill jobs. If we keep it at minimal levels the gov. will continue to bring in more and more people and that means more Americans will lose their jobs.
    I am so sick of hearing some Americans repeating the lie that they are doing the jobs Americans will not do. These are people that have no clue about the damage it is doing to this country.
    Thanks to ALIPAC people have access to the truth.

I don't think it's so much the number of legal immigrants but their quality, we should at least require they have a high school education and speak english before giving them a green card.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    My feelings towards current Legal Immigration Levels?

Legal Immigration Levels Should be much Higher. 2.83% (25)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should increase slightly. 4.52% (40)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should stay the same. 12.78% (113)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should be reduced some. 14.82% (131)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should be much lower. 17.87% (15
    Legal Immigration Should Be at minimal levels. 29.75% (263)
    Legal Immigration Should be stopped. 17.42% (154)

I agree with Tancredo. We need to take a TIME OUT on immigration, including Legal. ...uNTIL THIS COUNTRY CAN CATCH UP AND THEY LEARN TO ASSIMILATE!!!!!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is a tough one for me. I think we need to decrease legal immigration slightly, but the decreases should be all of certain categories AND stringently enforced rules on others.

Here is my reasoning, put as simply as I can.

The lotteries all need to be stopped now. That is no way to decide who we let in. We can continue to allow a small number of general category legal immigrants in by country, but they would have to be the ones that would benefit us the most, not the ones with the lucky number. Failure to have any legal path will only lead to a sharp increase of those coming here illegally. Alotment of these visas will be divided to ensure that there is an even number of all races. For every person who enters under family sponsorship, their home country will lose one general visa.

Importation of people to fulfill jobs here would be kept at a minimum, with a very high standard of PROOF that their is not a single person out of the 350 million people here that could do the job. In other words, we would still accept Albert Einstein, but anybody less qualified than him would be nixed.

Spouses and minor children:

As most people here know, this one really hits home with me. I believe that as an AMERICAN CITIZEN The right to marry whom I please should be a given. That being said, I believe sponsorship should be a very limited affair. An adult CITIZEN Should be allowed to sponsor ONE foreign born spouse in their lifetime. This spouse should be able to work in this country only after passing health and background checks. Any person who has spent 1 second or more in this country illegally is automatically disqualified. There needs to be stringent follow-up meetings to prove that this is a true marriage. This includes numerous unexpected visits by ICE workers not only to the couple, but their family, friends and co-workers. For the first three years they need to be treated kind of like parolees,

Any biological minor children of an American Citizen should also be a given,after passing health and background checks. If said child marries before immigrating, that child is no longer eligible. Sponsoring parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins ect. should no longer be allowed.

Temporary work visa's for summer jobs for college students would need to become an exchange program. Lets say Ireland is willing to allow 500 of our students work a summer in Dublin, then we should allow 500 of their students to spend a summer working here. However. these summer workers need to pass a screening, and follow up needs to be done to ensure they left as scheduled.

One more constraint. For every illegal alien deported, their home country will lose two visas for the following year.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Numbers

If we were to establish new immigration numbers,maybe we should adjust our numbers proportionately to the levels other countries allow .

We have the most open policy compared to all other nations.

Sirst, it is important to state that I am not anti-immigration, only anti-illegal immigration. The current flood of Hispanics (which is being encouraged bytheir own countries, is causing OUR country a lot. The schools are begging for money money to teach ESL courses, the social services are overflowing and the ERs are full of non-paying illegals with no insurance.
    We have been sold on the idea that the illegals are taking the jobs that AMERICANS don't want....NOT SO! The employers, who are not fined appropriately for hiring illegals, are taking advantage of hiring cheap labor with no benefits and the middle class is suffering....this is even more critical since many good technical jobs are being outsourced to India (and other places) , The middle class has finally run out of money and credit.
    BMW and Toyota build 50% of their cars here....why can't American firms do this?
    Because they are greedy and want to bust the unions. Now they are finally getting pinched because not too many people are buying new expeensive things like cars and houses.
    Most of these illegals need to go home...the sooner the better butwe also need to bring back out sourced jobs and manufacture more goods (like we do with Toyota and BMW) . This shows that Americans do want to work hard....
    We need higher fines for employers who employ illegals.

I think they need to change the numbers they have coming from the various countries. For example it the number cominbg from Canada is low compared to Mexico and both countries are under NAFTA. Canadians not only speak English in most cases but are educated and do not send money outside the country while living poorly. Canadians help fuel the economy here. As for nursing, many people do not like that work and who do replace immigrants. Many Canadian nurses come here and they can renew work visas but cannot easily get permanant residency. They are working from renewed vias to renewed visa. Their visas can be denied at any time of renewal. That is due to an American being able to take that job in most cases. I have heard of nurse who are married where one spouse had a visa denied and the others had not run out yet. She stopped working and stayed behind with her husband until his visa expired and ended up being caught by ICE and deported. That made me angry in the sense that even though she became illegal after the 60 days after her visa expired, she was not working or driving and wanted to stay with her husband yet illegals from other countries who break not only immigrantion law but work and drive illegally are allowed to remain in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by hdumas
    Sirst, it is important to state that I am not anti-immigration, only anti-illegal immigration. The current flood of Hispanics (which is being encouraged bytheir own countries, is causing OUR country a lot. The schools are begging for money money to teach ESL courses, the social services are overflowing and the ERs are full of non-paying illegals with no insurance.
    We have been sold on the idea that the illegals are taking the jobs that AMERICANS don't want....NOT SO! The employers, who are not fined appropriately for hiring illegals, are taking advantage of hiring cheap labor with no benefits and the middle class is suffering....this is even more critical since many good technical jobs are being outsourced to India (and other places) , The middle class has finally run out of money and credit.
    BMW and Toyota build 50% of their cars here....why can't American firms do this?
    Because they are greedy and want to bust the unions. Now they are finally getting pinched because not too many people are buying new expeensive things like cars and houses.
    Most of these illegals need to go home...the sooner the better butwe also need to bring back out sourced jobs and manufacture more goods (like we do with Toyota and BMW) . This shows that Americans do want to work hard....
    We need higher fines for employers who employ illegals.
    Well stated. If we stop Legal Immigration, I feel we will lose the fight. The fact that we SUPPORT Legal immigration takes away from a lot of the arguments that the illegals and their supporters use. WE ARE FALLING LIKE BLIND SHEEP INTO THEIR TRAP! THEY started by blurring the lines between legal and illegal immigration. NOW WE ARE FOLLOWING IN THEIR FOOTSTEPS. We are indeed a nation of immigrants, LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. Once we decide that even those who follow our laws are not welcome here, then we become something that I really would be ashamed of. A million a year? That is too much, but how about 50,000. That is only 1000 per state. It is an easily assimilated number. Require proficient English after 6 months or they lose their visa's. Make it a felony to use a foreign issued ID unless it is for a tourist. Trust me, I know, if someone can afford to come here legally, after all of the fees are paid, they will not be a drain on society.

WELCOME TO ALIPAC hdumas
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast