Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The new civil rights movement in America

Just this morning I was watching a recorded Lou Dobbs segment with my husband.
    Lou was once again shining the light on the case of Ramos and Campeon the two border patrol agents convicted and harshly sentenced in a drug smuggling case by a prosecutor whose motives are unclear. Calls for the White House to support law enforcement by pardoning these two agents have gone largely ignored and even rebuked.
    We were discussing how incredibly unfair this situation has become and how horrendous the repercussions are for their families. And we realized what we believe is a simple truth.
    These two agents are suffering. There is no doubt about that. And right now their suffering is being witnessed by the American people. Even the most unsophisticated American can understand this case and the ridiculous nature of these convictions. Even if you have no interest in politics, no desire to read legisislation or watch C-Span, you can understand this case. A fifth grader can see the inequity. A child can argue against this backwards thinking.
    Through histrory, all great changes have been preceded by some kind of a flash-point. The one greatest flash-point that comes to mind is the Civil Rights Movement. This movement was slow to grow, slow in momentum until one average American woman with tired feet took a seat. Rosa Parks was the flash-point for the Civil Rights movement because her case was easy to understand, easy to identify with and gave a very real face to the problems of segregation.
    I believe that Ramos and Compeon are the face of the new civil rights movement in America. They are the flash-point for a long simmering unrest in the hearts of Americans everywhere of all races, all religions. Whether the American is fourth generation or newly given the privilege of citizenship. All Americans who have seen their incomes drop, their neighborhoods disintegrate, their schools decline and their safety jeopardized. I know this is little comfort to the children of Ramos and Compeon. But I have a strong gut feeling that in 50 years school children will read in well worn textbooks about the two border patrol agents, wrongly convicted, who started people talking, reading, and writing letters. Those two unassuming men who were only trying to do their jobs may spark new interest in the political process. People who have never seen the good of voting or calling their representatives may now pick up the phone, send an email and more importantly send a message at the ballot box.
    Ramos and Campeon, in prison as we speak, may be instrumental in changing the current policies of a government who appears to be refusing to enforce laws, put the American people first or hear and acknowledge the frustrated cries and howls of its citizens.
    This is not about race. Both Compeon and Ramos are Hispanic. As is Hernandez another law enforcement official now serving time for doing his job. The drug smuggler was Hispanic. This is about right and wrong, lawfulness verses unlawfulness and money verses integrity. It is about choosing sides to fight for the good of our country or to let her languish in the hands of those unwilling, unable or without the courage to right wrongs that have been going on in our country too long.
    Americans have heard the stories of those killed or injured by illegals coming here, not to feed their families, but to commit crimes, traffic drugs and destabilize our communities. Americans watched with shock and dismay, the blantant in your face illegal population fill the streets of the cities of America carrying Mexican flags, trampling American flags and promising "reconquista". These law breakers walk free amoung us as Ramos and Compeon sit in jail and watch from afar, through pictures, as their children struggle without them and their wives cry uncomforted tears. Their lives in danger, Ramos has already been attacked by those he helped to put in jail to protect us.
    Ramos and Compeon, who sit languishing in prision can do nothing at this time to help their own families. But they may be instrumental is saving ours.
    I think there is a new Rosa Parks in our generation. And their names are Ramos and Compeon.
    To Ramos and Compeon I would say. I know you are in great pain. I know you feel betrayed and abused. I know you may even feel as if your spirit has been broken but take heart. You are not forgotten, nor will you ever be. In the simple but respected act of two heroic Americans trying to protect the American people, you helped to start the movement to heal a sick and abused nation.
    I wonder how history will record these men, their actions, and our response as Americans.

You said it girl, people in this country need to wake up and fast. If they can't see whats going on in this country , Ramos and Compean are just the tip of the ice berg. people need to let their voices be heard,

Great post, PAF. This case is pivotal in our movement. When Lou asked Sutton about one of his DAs invoking race into her final adress to the jury, Sutton dodged the question and went on about how many drug dealers they have put behind bars--he did this evasive thing every time Lou asked him a tough question. Your right, these men are our Rosa Parks......But worse, they are political prisoners--sacrificial lambs for the NAU....And that is where it all comes full circle my friends. Bush is keeping up good relations with Calderon, becuase we are on the verge of making a merger with Mexico. THAT is why we need to make these two men the center of our movement. Not just becuase it is a tragedy for them and their families, but because it is the Rosetta Stone of the NAU. Our rallies, marches, political protests should center on these men and how this relates to the NAU. PUT TOM TANCREDO IN THE WHITE HOUSE, SO THESE MEN WILL BE GRANTED A PARDON, AND THE NAU WILL BE REJECTED. That should be our rallying cry.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

If this "was" about race, noone would be hearing or caring about what happened to Ramos and Compean.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    If this "was" about race, noone would be hearing or caring about what happened to Ramos and Compean.
    Well this is what just kills me.
    How can people be so blind and narrow minded?
    Where are the great Latino leaders who are calling out for these three border guards. Are they somehow less important because they are Hispanic AND care for this country?
    Where is the media, other then Dobbs, Beck and Hannity?
    Where is all the concern? The pro amnest movement cares so much for the good of the Latin people but only when it suits ITS needs.
    Where is La Raza in defense of Ramos and Compion? Does is send a bad message that you can be a legal, Hispanic American who puts his country over his nationality?
    Selective concern.
    I call hypocrites on them all!

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    Well this is what just kills me.
    How can people be so blind and narrow minded?
    Where are the great Latino leaders who are calling out for these three border guards. Are they somehow less important because they are Hispanic AND care for this country?
    Where is the media, other then Dobbs, Beck and Hannity?
    Where is all the concern? The pro amnest movement cares so much for the good of the Latin people but only when it suits ITS needs.
    Where is La Raza in defense of Ramos and Compion? Does is send a bad message that you can be a legal, Hispanic American who puts his country over his nationality?
    Selective concern.
    I call hypocrites on them all!
    The DA said that Ramos and Campeon refered to members of their own ethnic background as "Mexican 'bleeps'." Ramos and Campeon's familie's were highly offended, and I assume their were hispanics on the jury who were as well. The DA was playing the race card, and trying to tar the BP agents as "uncle Tom's." Like I said, Sutton just dodged this valid question from Lou. They obvioulsy used questionable tactics in influencing this jury, the likes of Johnny Cochran......Maybe all Johnny's do this j/k
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    The DA said that Ramos and Campeon refered to members of their own ethnic background as "Mexican 'bleeps'." Ramos and Campeon's familie's were highly offended, and I assume their were hispanics on the jury who were as well.
    I have also heard them accused of saying before they went out that day that their intention was to "kill some Mexicans"
    If that were the case, would a single shot the the buttocks/thigh do the trick?
    If what they really wanted was to kill, I am sure they could have made a better shot then that. They had an entire back, side, stomach or head to aim for if their true intention was murder. I'm not buying it.
    I also heard one of the jurors saying that she didn't think they were guilty but she was under the impression that they couldn't have a hung jury and because so much time and effort went into the trial she didn't want to be the one holdout. Dear Lord! How could you vote guilty if you felt it was a wrong verdict? God, I wish I had been on that jury. We would still be sitting in that jury room cause there is no way I would have ever let them send those men to jail. I would have told them..I am never ever changing my mind so we have three options; hung jury, you all change your vote or we sit here till hell freezes over...Period!

ProudAmericanFamily wrote:
    I have also heard them accused of saying before they went out that day that their intention was to "kill some Mexicans"
    That was proven and also admitted to be a lie by other BP officers testifying against them.

If that were the case, would a single shot the the buttocks/thigh do the trick?
    If what they really wanted was to kill, I am sure they could have made a better shot then that.
    It was never actually proven that it was either BP officers (if at all) shot that hit the drug smuggler.
    He jumped in the van and "sat" down and then later come back claiming it was the officer that shot him.
    I think he went to Mexico and had some one shot him (you notice it was just a "barely skin deep" insision.)
    Now He`s one big pain in the ass.
    ------------------------

I hope this case gets exposed to the light of day and gets a congressional hearing. The American people deserve to know who is pulling the strings in this case. They always say to follow the money. I am following the money and the stink and it flows right back to Mexico.
    For shame.

ProudAmericanFamily wrote:
    That was proven and also admitted to be a lie by other BP officers testifying against them.

[quote:eib65fov]If that were the case, would a single shot the the buttocks/thigh do the trick?
    If what they really wanted was to kill, I am sure they could have made a better shot then that.
    It was never actually proven that it was either BP officers (if at all) shot that hit the drug smuggler.
    He jumped in the van and "sat" down and then later come back claiming it was the officer that shot him.
    I think he went to Mexico and had some one shot him (you notice it was just a "barely skin deep" insision.)
    Now He`s one big pain in the ass.[/quote:eib65fov]

I always wondered if he hadn't had one of his associates in Mexico shoot him in the butt.