Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New to Flagstaff

Hello~

I was referred to this site by a friend of mine in North Carolina. I moved from Asheville to Flagstaff, AZ (starting grad school) and am looking for some information. Anything would be helpful from places to avoid to shortcuts around the area, churches (I'm Catholic), places to meet people, good restaurants, etc.

Also, I'm interested in getting more involved in the community here in Flagstaff. If anyone can give me information on that I'd appreciate it as well.

Thanks.
    Information is the currency of democracy.
    Thomas Jefferson

Welcome, Trojanman!!!
    I can't tell you a thing about Flagstaff but hopefully someone can.
    Perhaps we can tell you how to help stop the illegal alien crisis in Arizona.
    Don't get beat up on while you wait for information now.

Come on Alipac members!

Help a brother out!!!!!!

The line separating good & evil passes not through states, nor between political parties either--but right through every human heart.

Hello TrojanMan!!

WELCOME TO ALIPAC!!

I've been to Flagstaff...there is a great Mexican restaurant there but I can't remember the name of it. A friend may remember who is out of town right now but I'll ask him when he returns.

Are you going to AU--isn't that in Flagstaff?

Beautiful High Country of Arizona. You'll love it.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/

Welcome Trojanman!! When I think of Arizona, I think of the Minutemen!!The link above may be of help.

I hope you find health, happiness and prosperity in your new home! We're glad you're here and we hope to hear from you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome Trojanman! Welcome to Alipac!
    I hear Arizona is a beautiful state. If you are concerned about illegal immigration, and who isnt, then you've come to the right place.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There is a bar called Grandma's Closet, or Granny's Closet. It's not to bad of a dive, the drinks weren't expensive. They have food too.
    It's NW of campus I think.

Don't drink the beer at Mogollon , they used to allow smoking in the brewery. [Mod edit]

The fishing at Lower Lake Mary is supposed to be hot this year.

-n
    "It is difficult to overcome the reflexes of national identity. But you will get there."

Bill Clinton, Paris, 8/9/2005

@@

What are your views on illegal immigration, Trojanman? You didn't say.

We hope you hate it and are ready to join the fight out in AZ. We hear they need all the help they can get. I would imagine campus would be a good place to start.

We can certainly offer you much information with that, too!

The line separating good & evil passes not through states, nor between political parties either--but right through every human heart.

I was trying to say that the beer from Mogollon might soak up the cigarette smoke, and thus cause complications as your body is "processing" it.

-n
    "It is difficult to overcome the reflexes of national identity. But you will get there."

Bill Clinton, Paris, 8/9/2005

@

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-41208.html#41208

Hey Trojanman!

Follow the above URL and let us know how much gas is in AZ, please!
    Thanks!

PS, I see you are practicing safe posting!
    WillieB

Whoa...

Talk about an onslaught of things to answer. So I'll just start at the beginning.

1) To answer Judy, I'm going (or will be once the semester starts) to NAU, which is Northern Arizona University. And I'll be a teaching assistant. Getting a master's in Mathematics. Enjoy long walks, snuggling, candlelit dinners (sorry, my sarcastic nature got the better of me there!)

2) I saw Granny's Closet, want to try it, hopefully when I get to meet people and can have a designated driver...unless they just serve beer because I'm a liquor person.

3) Willie B...my stance on illegal immigration: would I be here if I approved of it? Part of what I meant by getting involved was trying to get involved in concerns of my new community, which in the whole two and a half days I've been here has certainly been illegal immigration (I mean, Arizona does border Mexico). All one has to do is walk into Wal-Mart and wonder exactly how many of the people around you aren't legal (especially when you ask one of the workers where something is and all you get is a blank look and "no hablo englais"). In my nature of being honest, I'm trying not to bite off more than I can chew before classes start, as I'm really not sure what to expect when the semester begins, but I'm willing to do what I can.

(by the way, what the heck is safe posting? You can tell I'm really a novice at this)

Any other questions are welcome!
    Information is the currency of democracy.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast