Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This was very timely, thank you!

I had ordered nearly 20k of furniture yesterday, which I just called to cancel.

I also told them I am cancelling my account, which I've had with them for over 20 years. They asked me why. I told them that they have offended me for the last time and I no longer wish to do business with anyone company that has discriminatory policies. I told them I would mail them my card back. I will cut it up and send along this lovely little picture.

Lest you ask, it IS discrimination that they require bi-lingual to be spanish only. Bilingual in this country used to mean English plus (any) another language.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Let's send this to this law firm

http://www.irli.org/
    That's very interesting. I didn't know this organization even existed. But I guess if there is a controversy over something then there will be a lawyer right there waiting to cash in on it. At least this group appears to be on the right side of the issue.

miguelina - Wow, good for you! I think that will get someone's attention..
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

cayla sent you a PM

CR
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    just curious, how many of you have gone to the jc penny website and left them your thoughts?
    I just did.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    This was very timely, thank you!

I had ordered nearly 20k of furniture yesterday, which I just called to cancel.

I also told them I am cancelling my account, which I've had with them for over 20 years. They asked me why. I told them that they have offended me for the last time and I no longer wish to do business with anyone company that has discriminatory policies. I told them I would mail them my card back. I will cut it up and send along this lovely little picture.

Lest you ask, it IS discrimination that they require bi-lingual to be spanish only. Bilingual in this country used to mean English plus (any) another language.

Wow, perfect timing. Sorry that you need to go look again, but thank you.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I already contacted JC Penney months ago telling them that they lost a customer. I've been a Penney's customer for 30+ years, BUT NOT ANYMORE!

All they offer now are products made in China that fall apart after wearing them a few times. They specialize in JUNK now.

Great picture. I am going to email this out.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I went through the same thing last night while applying for a job.

The job was for an operations supervisor position here in Stanton, California. I met their requirements as for the college degree and experience.

However, they also requested the potential candidate be "bi-lingual" only! This is a refuse disposal company and does not do business with a Latin American Company in which spanish would be necessary. Therefore, the only logical conclusion one could reach is the people I would be supervising only speak spanish.

Suffice to say, my cover letter asked the question as to why would I have to speak spanish to get a job with a company that is performing domestic work? I remined her that in order to gain legal status or citizenship, one must have a basic understanding of the english language. If you have workers presenting right to work documents and yet do not speak english, then there is a problem.

I finally suggested she require those who only speak spanish to learn english as a condition of employment. I'm sure that request will go over well with HR.

How ironic that Pelosi wants to pass laws making it illegal to require "english only" in the work place, yet companies in America doing business domesticaly can require peole to speak spanish as a condition of employment.

Of course they will claim that as a supervisor that I may have contact with customers that only speak spanish. So once again, potential illegal alien invader customer steals a job from an American Citizen without even applying for the job. I would love to file a discrimination suit against them. Where is the ACLU on this garbage

I feel like a foreigner in my own country What the %$%# is going on in this country! When will the madness end??

Quote Originally Posted by CR
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    just curious, how many of you have gone to the jc penny website and left them your thoughts?
    I just did.

Thanks.I emailed them, reply expected in 48 hours.
    I asked if they also require Chinese or Arabic language speakers, where does it stop?
    "It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself".
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    I went through the same thing last night while applying for a job.

The job was for an operations supervisor position here in Stanton, California. I met their requirements as for the college degree and experience.

However, they also requested the potential candidate be "bi-lingual" only! This is a refuse disposal company and does not do business with a Latin American Company in which spanish would be necessary. Therefore, the only logical conclusion one could reach is the people I would be supervising only speak spanish.

Suffice to say, my cover letter asked the question as to why would I have to speak spanish to get a job with a company that is performing domestic work? I remined her that in order to gain legal status or citizenship, one must have a basic understanding of the english language. If you have workers presenting right to work documents and yet do not speak english, then there is a problem.

I finally suggested she requires those who only speak spanish to require them to speak english.

How ironic that Pelosi wants to pass laws making it illegal to require "english only" in the work place, yet companies in America doing business domesticaly can require peole to speak spanish as a condition of employment.

Of course they will claim that as a supervisor that i may have contact with customers that only speak spanish. So once again, potential illegal alien invader customers steal a job from an American Citizen without even applying for the job. I would love to file a discrimination suit against them. Where is the ACLU on this garbage

I feel like a foreigner in my own country
    When my husband first came here, he applied at a place that simply said "must be bi-lingual" . During the interview, the employer looked at my husband and said "i am surprised you speak Spanish" my husband informed him he did not speak Spanish. The surprised employer then asked why he checked he was bi-lingual on the application. My husband says he is actually tri-lingual. He can speak English, Irish and German fluently. That is when he was informed
    "bi-lingual means you speak Spanish
    by then, he knew he wasn't going to get the job, so he became condescending and notified the idiot bi is from the Latin meaning two, lingual comes from the Latin meaning language. Bilingual means two languages and it doesn't matter what two.

We left California because no matter what my qualifications were, I could not get a job because I only speak English, some German and some American sign language. This is insane, but the only way to win the war is one battle at a time.....today is the battle for JC penny.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast