Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No to licenses for illegal immigrants

No to licenses for illegal immigrants
    Published: 11/22/2007 12:18 AMSend To:

It is interesting that on the very morning that the Daily Herald announced ex-Gov. Ryan going to prison for, among other things, corruption in a system in which driver's licenses were granted to people who should not have gotten them, a column by Ruben Navarrette urges the issuance of driver's licenses to people who should not qualify because they are in the U.S. illegally.

The argument goes that if they pass the driver's test, etc., if they can read enough English to pass the test and understand traffic signals, road signs, if they are insured, if...if....if.

If licenses are granted to illegal aliens (or should they be called, "illegal licenses" to aliens), who is going to enforce the laws concerning language proficiency and insurance? If they don't enforce immigration laws, why shouldn't the public worry about the enforcement of traffic regulations?

I am still at a loss to understand why any government official, who can understand enough English to know what the word "illegal" means, would offer any encouragement to an illegal alien to do anything but to return home and quit breaking U.S. immigration laws. If government officials know the laws concerning illegal aliens, why are they doing anything but working with immigration offices to see that they are repatriated?

I wonder what a conversation between ex-Gov. Ryan and New York Gov. Spitzer would sound like?

Wightman Weese

Wheaton

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=82207&src=
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I had trouble understanding why an insurance agent would help form an anti-illegal immigration group in our state. But then I realized that auto insurers must be paying out a large number of claims where there is an uninsured driver involved. Hopefully this problem won't result in higher auto insurance rates for us. Or has it already?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)