Like Tree2Likes

Thread: No Senator Cruz, Donald Trump does NOT want Single Payer health care.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No Senator Cruz, Donald Trump does NOT want Single Payer health care.

No Senator Cruz, Donald Trump does NOT want Single Payer health care.

C. Steven Tucker
    FEBRUARY 11, 2016 · 10:35 PM

I have been studying health care policy for 20 years now. I am also a multi-state licensed health insurance broker who continues to operate in an increasingly less competitive and more bureaucratically controlled system on both the federal and state level. During the last 20 years I have seen a lot of changes in the U.S. health care system. Some of them good (HIPAA) and some bad (Reagan’s EMTALA) the PPACA a.k.a. “Obamacare” etc.

During the last two decades I have read everything I could get my hands on pertaining to health care policy. I also spent the longest two weeks of my entire life reading the PPACA – Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act – shortly after it was passed into law on March 23, 2010. I have also appeared on television,radio and written expert commentary on health care policy on this blog and for professional business journals around the country. If there is one thing I know it is health care policy and if there is another thing I know it is a lie when I hear it.

I have bit my tongue long enough. As a delegate for Senator Ted Cruz I have been placed into a difficult and increasingly uncomfortable position and now I have had enough! Continuing to support Senator Cruz after he repeats incorrectly and ad nauseum that A vote for Donald Trump is a vote for Obamacare and, that “if you vote Donald Trump, you vote for Bernie Sanders-style socialized medicine. Or even worse that Trump, Clinton and Sanders “have the identical position on health care” has forced me into a crisis of conscience. These are statements that even the left leaning Politifact has correctly identified as FALSE.

There are two things I detest above all others. Lies and intellectual laziness. There are far too many of my fellow “Cruzers” who either refuse to do the necessary research on Mr. Trump’s health care proposals or are simply too lazy to simply read his actual policy proposals as outlined in both his books “Time To Get Tough” from 2011 and his latest book “Crippled America” from 2015. Therefore, I have linked the pertinent sections pertaining to Mr. Trump’s actualhealth care policy proposals below.

CLICK HERE TO READ CHAPTER 8 of Mr. Trump’s book “Time To Get Tough“.
    CLICK HERE TO READ CHAPTER 7 of Mr. Trump’s book “Crippled America.”

As you read through chapter 8 of “Time To Get Tough” and you read through chapter 7 of “Crippled America” you will not find Mr. Trump calling for “Single Payer” health care coverage anywhere. In fact, in chapter 7 of “Crippled America” you will find that Mr. Trump specifically disavows his tepid and earlier support for a Single Payer system as one of the options he was considering as a person in the private sector more than 15 years ago.

He also calls for repeal and replace of Obamacare not “expansion of Obamacare” as Senator Cruz falsely states that he does.

Furthermore, in both books he calls for the following private sector reforms. Some of which are also called for under both Senator Cruz’s health care reform policy proposal and Dr. Ben Carson’s proposal. In addition to federal and state reforms. They are:

1.) Repeal of the McCarran Ferguson Act so health insurance can be sold across state lines.
    2.) Expansion of Health Savings Accounts to promote price transparency & accountability.
    3.) Tort (or Medical Malpractice Reform)
    4.) Reform of our health care social safety nets such as Medicaid.

5.) Mr. Trump has most recently added necessary reforms to be made to our broken Veteran’s Administration health care system specifically because it, like all other Single Payer systems is an unmitigated disaster!

“But Steve, Trump said he wants “Universal Healthcare! I heard him say it on CBS!!” Yes, he did. So what does Mr. Trump mean by “universal” healthcare? For that we simply have to look up the definition of the word ‘universal”. According to Miriam Webster’s dictionary the term “universal” means “existing or available for everyone”. That does not mean ‘Single Payer’ nor does it mean ‘government controlled’! It means a health care system where everyone has access to some form of health care delivery. That is what I want. That is what Senator Cruz wants and that’s what nearly every politician on both sides of the isle wants. Affordable access to health care services for everyone. How do we do that? When it comes to Medicaid, you can look to former Governor Mitch Daniel’s reforms that worked in Indiana or more recently to Governor Scott Walker’s reforms that were made in Wisconsin. There are other ideas also.

Most importantly when it comes to the vast majority of Americans this is what Mr. Trump actually says at the end of chapter 7 of “Crippled America” and I quote:

“The government doesn’t belong in health care except at the very last resort. The main way the government should be involved is to make sure the insurance companies (not a top down, authoritative single payer health care system) are financially strong so that if there is a catastrophic event or they make some kind of miscalculation, they have the resources they need to handle it.”

Mr. Trump also says in the beginning of chapter 7 of “Time To Get Tough” and I quote:

“..we still need a plan to bring down health care costs and to make health care insurance (not a top down, authoritative Single Payer health care system) more affordable for everyone. It starts with increasing competition between insurance companies. Competition makes everything better and more affordable.”

But Steve! Trump said “the government is going to pay for it.” I saw it on CBS!”

Yes, he did. Firstly, the government pays for nothing. It confiscates wealth from taxpayers and redistributes it. Secondly, we taxpayers already pay to provide health care services to millions of our nation’s indigent and those who are developmentally disabled. We also subsidize programs such as Medicare Part D and other health care programs. We will continue to do so because Americans are compassionate people who seek to help those who are truly in need. I say truly in need because under the PPACA (Obamacare) we expanded Medicaid to single adults without children who happen to fall below 138% of the Federal Poverty Level. In doing so we robbed those finite resources from single mothers and the developmentally disabled. That is not helping those who are truly in need and this among other reasons is why Trump wants Obamacare repealed and replaced with a “universal” health care system that encourages more competition among private health insurers with an emphasis on reforming how taxpayers pay for our health care safety net.

https://csteventucker.wordpress.com/...r-health-care/

CRUZ FOR PRESIDENT ANNOUNCES ILLINOIS LEADERSHIP TEAM

CRUZ NEWS | JANUARY 07

HOUSTON, Texas – Presidential candidate Ted Cruz today announced his 46-person Illinois Leadership Team that will help direct his strong grassroots organization and bring his consistent, conservative message to voters throughout the Prairie State. On Monday January 4, 2016 the Cruz for President campaign filed a full slate of delegates and alternates in all 18 Illinois Congressional Districts.
    “I’m honored and grateful to have the support of these strong conservatives across Illinois,” said Cruz. “This group of elected officials, Republican chairmen, grassroots activists, Tea Party leaders, evangelicals and pastors represents conservatives in every part of the state, and they are capable of producing one of the best ground games in the country.”
    “I’m delighted that such a distinguished group of conservatives from across the state has come together under the leadership of Ted Cruz,” said Illinois Co-Chairman Chris Cleveland. “Senator Cruz is far and away the best choice for conservatives in Illinois.”
    The Cruz for President Illinois Leadership Team includes the following:
    Co-Chairmen
    State Senator Tim Bivins (45th District) – Former Sheriff Lee County
    State Senator Chapin Rose (51st District)
    Chris Cleveland – Chairman, Chicago Republican Party
    Nicholas Kammer – Conservative Activist
    Leadership Team
    Sharee S. Langenstein, Esq. – Eagle Forum National Issues Chairman for Religious Liberty; Delegate, Republican National Platform Committee
    H. Lee Newcom – Former President of URF of Illinois; former McLean County Recorder; former McLean County Board member; former Executive Director of IL Christian Coalition
    Blair Garber – IL Republican Party State Central Committeeman
    Jan Klaas – Republican State Central Committee; Deputy for 16th Congressional District; Former Chairman Winnebago County Republican Central Committee
    Steve Orlando – Federation of Illinois Young Republicans; Chairman, Republican National Hispanic Assembly of Illinois
    Gretchen Fritz – Will County Republican Central Committee
    Pastor Stephen Nyberg – Pankeyville Baptist Church
    Karen Hayes – Illinois Family Institute, Board Member
    Kevin McGrane – Palatine Township Republican Organization, President
    Raquel Mitchell – Wheatland Township Trustee
    C. Steven Tucker – Chicago Tea Party
    Don Castella – Former Vernon Township Republican Chairman
    Chuck Kern – Supervisor, Wheatland Township, Will County
    Bradley Wulfsohn – Northshore Tea Party Leader
    Clifford Lindemann – Jefferson County Board Member; Republican Central Committee Member
    Jim Fisher – McLean County Tea Party Board Member
    Patrick Harlan – President Knox County Tea Party
    Sandy Dragoo – Founder and Coordinator of the Springfield, Illinois Tea Party Group
    Robert Boharic – Retired Circuit Court Judge
    James Kammer – Retired physician a, former Examiner for American Board of Ophthalmology
    Pastor Mark Minor – 2012 GOP State Senate Candidate (59th District)
    Yvonne Bolton – Hispanic Community Leader & Former GOP State Rep. Candidate
    Steve Balich – Will County Board, Co Founder of the Will County Tea Party Alliance and Homer Lockport Tea Party
    Doug Scheflow – Kane County Board Member
    Sherry Hellmuth – DeKalb County Republican Central Committee; Board Member for the DeKalb County IL Tea Party; Treasurer for the Illinois Conservatives PAC
    Michael Hildebrand – Kankakee County Board
    Michael Flynn – Conservative Activist
    Deborah R. Leininger – State Director, Concerned Women for America of Illinois
    Tony Peraica – Former Cook County Commissioner
    David Smith – Illinois Family Institute
    Jill Dolan – Board of Directors, Republican Women of Park Ridge; Conservative Activist
    Audrey Tancos – President of Bremen Township Republican Organization; Past President of United Southland Republican Women
    Kathleen Valente – Illinois Family Institute
    Steve Coven – LaSalle County Tea Party
    Jasmine Velasco Hauser – Republican National Hispanic Assembly, Secretary
    Hilary Till – Women’s Republican Club of Lake Forest-Lake Bluff, Vice-President
    Steve Rooney – McHenry Township Republican Central Committee Chairman
    David Hullinger – Grassroots Conservative Activist
    Gary Stittgen – Lake Villa Township Republican Club, President
    Loren Heal – Grassroots Activist
    Linda Dotson – Former Stephenson County Board Member; former Chairman of Stephenson County Tea Party; Upper Northwestern Illinois Republican Women
    Pastor Lance Davis – New Zion Covenant Church
    https://www.tedcruz.org/news/cruz-fo...adership-team/

Still Report #621 - Cruz Delegate Quits Cruz in Disgust

Bill Still
    Published on Feb 16, 2016

Link to Tucker's blog: http://linkis.com/wordpress.com/g8dTg

C. Steven Tucker, a nationally-recognized healthcare policy expert and a delegate to the Republican convention for Ted Cruz, has come out publicly that he is abandoning Cruz because of his inability to tell the truth.
    “I have bit my tongue long enough. As a delegate for Senator Ted Cruz I have been placed into a difficult and increasingly uncomfortable position and now I have had enough.”
    “Donald Trump does NOT want Single Payer health care.”
    Tucker, a 20-year licensed health insurance broker from Illinois has appeared on television and radio as a health care policy expert.
    “If there is one thing I know it is health care policy and if there is another thing I know it is a lie when I hear it.”
    “Continuing to support Senator Cruz after he repeats incorrectly and ad nauseum that; ‘A vote for Donald Trump is a vote for Obamacare’; and, that ‘if you vote Donald Trump, you vote for Bernie Sanders-style socialized medicine;“
    “… or even worse that Trump, Clinton and Sanders ‘have the identical position on health care’ has forced me into a crisis of conscience.”
    “These are statements that even the left leaning Politifact has correctly identified as FALSE.”
    Tucker says the Cruz followers, whom he calls “Cruzers” either don’t know, or don’t care that Cruz plays fast and loose with the facts.
    “There are two things I detest above all others. Lies and intellectual laziness.”
    “There are far too many of my fellow “Cruzers” who … refuse to do the necessary research on Mr. Trump’s health care proposals.”
    In his blog post, Tucker provides links to Trump’s actual policy proposals as outlined in both his books “Time To Get Tough” from 2011 and his latest book “Crippled America” from 2015.
    The link to Tucker’s blog post, will be posted in the Description box below.
    http://linkis.com/wordpress.com/g8dTg

I’m still reporting from Washington. Good day.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMvu...ature=youtu.be

Thank you Mr. Tucker for standing up for ethics and honesty.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That's one heck of a Cruz "leadership team" members in Illinois. Thanks for posting these reports, Newmexican! Looks like a Republican Establishment list to me.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-17-2016 at 06:49 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Trump Reiterates Support for Single-Payer

August 20, 2015

JIM WATERS

Jim Waters is president of the Bluegrass Institute for Public Policy Solutions in Bowling Green,... (read full bio)

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says Obamacare is a disaster, yet he continues to publicly support the idea of a national single-payer health care system for the United States.

In a single-payer system, the government is the sole insurance company, thus becoming the “single payer” of all health-insurance claims.

“As far as single-payer, it works in Canada, works incredibly well in Scotland,” Trump said during the first Republican presidential debate in early August.

‘Intentions Are Insufficient’

Jason Clemens, executive vice president of the Fraser Institute, says single-payer health insurance definitely does not work in Canada.

“Mr. Trump has it quite wrong,” Clemens said.

“The single-payer idea is admirable in its intentions, but intentions are insufficient,” Clemens said. “The reality of Canada’s single-payer model is an expensive system which doesn’t deliver reasonable or acceptable health care for Canadians.”

Canada’s system works so poorly, patients must purchase additional, private health insurance in order to have access to suitable treatment, according to a report released in July by the Advisory Panel on Healthcare Innovation, chaired by David Naylor, the former president of the University of Toronto (UT) and UT’s former dean of medicine.

Since 1993, wait times for medically necessary treatment in Canada have nearly doubled, now averaging 31 weeks for neurosurgery and more than 42 weeks for hip, knee, or back surgery, a 2014 study by the Fraser Institute noted.

“The Canadian system is one to be avoided rather than emulated,” Clemens said.

While noting Trump has repeatedly recognized the importance of competitive insurance and providers as part of the U.S. health care system, Clemens says Trump “seems oblivious to the reality of Canadian health care, wherein private providers are limited and competitive insurance is prohibited.”

Consumer-Driven Approach Needed’

Restoring competition among insurers and providers by removing damaging rules, regulations, and government interference is the key to getting a more efficient, consumer-driven health care system, says John Garen, an economics professor at the University of Kentucky and chairman of the Bluegrass Institute Board of Scholars.

Obamacare is one of the impediments that must be removed, Garen says.

“A single-payer system takes the Obamacare approach and plays to its weakness,” Garen said. “It would be a step further away from the consumer-driven approach we need to be moving toward.”

Garen notes a single-payer system would offer “no choice for consumers and no competition among providers or insurers, while treatments would be handed down from above by bureaucracies.”

Trump garners support among experts favoring a free-market approach toward health care with his statements about consumers and businesses being able to cross state lines to purchase insurance.

However, without moving toward a market-based system, that proposal may be largely moot, says Clemens.

“Such reforms are insufficient unless state-based mandates, tort reform, and the discriminatory treatment of employer-based benefits are also changed,” Clemens said.

Jim Waters
    (jwaters@freedomkentucky.com) is president of the Bluegrass Institute, Kentucky’s free-market think tank.

Internet Info

David Naylor, et al., “Unleashing Innovation: Excellent Healthcare for Canada,” Report of the Advisory Panel on Healthcare Innovation, July 2015: http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/pu.../index-eng.php

Bacchus Barua, Frazier Fathers, “Waiting Your Turn: Wait Times for Health Care in Canada, 2014 Report,” Fraser Institute, November 26, 2014: https://www.heartland.org/policy-doc...da-2014-report

http://news.heartland.org/newspaper-...Sq3adVVWk.like

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Looks like a mixed list of strong conservative support which includes grassroot activist, Tea Party organizations, Tea Party leadership, women organizations, etc.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW