Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Noncitizens registered to vote in Pennsylvania and Texas show vote fraud is real

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Noncitizens registered to vote in Pennsylvania and Texas show vote fraud is real

Noncitizens registered to vote in Pennsylvania and Texas show vote fraud is real

by Quin Hillyer | January 31, 2019 08:23 AM

Every vote cast illegally effectively negates a ballot cast for a different candidate by a legal voter.

Two large states are now reporting significant numbers of noncitizens somehow became registered voters, showing yet again that the biggest problem with voter-integrity measures is not that they are too tough, but that they are too lenient.
    Last week, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced that Secretary of State David Whitley had informed him that as many as 95,000 noncitizens were on Texas’ voter rolls, and that at least 58,000 of them actually had voted at least once. Even if the number turns out to be considerably less than that when counties investigate, it's far above zero.
    On Jan. 30, reports emerged that at least 11,198 noncitizens similarly were on the voter rolls in Pennsylvania, and “top lawmakers suspect the number could still be higher.” This is just the first tranche of numbers from an investigation launched when a Philadelphia poll commissioner estimated that some 100,000 noncitizens could be registered, after discovering that a computer problem in the state’s motor vehicle bureaus allowed ineligible voters to register.
    The Pennsylvania investigation was catalyzed by a voter-integrity group called the Public Interest Legal Foundation, which filed suit in both state and federal courts to try to force these problems to be addressed.
    “State officials have been hiding how they blew it and allowed aliens onto voter rolls in Pennsylvania,” said J. Christian Adams, president and general counsel of PILF, an interview with the Washington Examiner. “It’s been going on for 20 years, and they need to release all of the records.”
    Hans von Spakovsky, manager of the Heritage Foundation's Election Law Reform Initiative and a former member of the Federal Election Commission, agreed.
    “This is just more evidence of the vulnerability of our current registration and election system and it refutes the constant claim by liberals and the mainstream media that there is no voter fraud in this country,” he told the Washington Examiner. “These 11,000 noncitizens represent a huge number of illegal voters who could (and may have) changed outcomes in close elections. We need assurance from Pennsylvania officials that not only have these noncitizens been removed from voter rolls, but that their files have been turned over to law enforcement for investigation and possible prosecution.”
    PILF also has filed suit in Texas. For those many on the left who say voter fraud is virtually nonexistent, the Texas example refutes their claim. Paxton noted that his office had “obtained a number of successful noncitizen voter fraud convictions,” and he mentioned by name recent cases involving defendants named Rosa Ortega in Tarrant County, Laura Garza in Montgomery County, and Marites Curry in Navarro County.
    This is serious stuff. Every vote cast illegally effectively negates a ballot cast for a different candidate by a legal voter. For those worried about “voter suppression,” this is the real suppression, and it ought to be countered by every legal means.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...DxlJ2YuGvy3C5o
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Share this call for help via e-mail and on (FACEBOOK HERE) .. (TWITTER HERE) .. (GAB HERE) .. (ALIPAC HERE)

https://www.alipac.us/f8/more-illega...valley-369658/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Prosecute illegal aliens who vote. Per 18 U.S. Code § 61, Any person who violates this section shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

abc13.com

Voter roll purge could affect thousands in Houston: mayor
    The Texas Secretary of State identified about 95,000 potential…
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Some Noncitizens Do Wind Up Registered To Vote, But Usually Not On Purpose

LISTEN·4:264:26QUEUE

February 26, 201910:58 AM ET
    Heard on Morning Edition
    PAM FESSLER
    Twitter

Motor vehicle departments across the country have accidentally allowed a small number of noncitizens to register to vote.
    Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

About five years ago, immigration attorneys started contacting Pennsylvania election officials to report that many of their clients had gone to get a driver's license and, a few weeks later, received a voter registration card in the mail.

Sundrop Carter, executive director of the Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition, says it was especially disturbing for immigrants who were trying to become citizens.

" 'I received this in the mail, I don't know why,' " she says they would tell their lawyers. " 'I didn't think I was eligible to register to vote. Am I actually? Should I go vote?' "

NATIONAL

Noncitizens Will Soon Be Able To Vote In San Francisco — For School Board

The answer was definitely "No." That would be illegal (noncitizens are not eligible to vote in federal elections, but a handful of jurisdictions allow them to vote in some local races).

Since 1995, federal law has required states to offer people a chance to register to vote when they visit a local motor vehicle office.

But it turns out that Pennsylvania, like some other states, was asking that question of everyone who applied for a driver's license or state ID card — even those showing green cards or other documents identifying them as noncitizens.

That is often confusing for immigrants who come in to get a driver's license or ID, which noncitizens are eligible to do.

The issue remains a challenge for states, especially as President Trump and other Republicans have alleged — without providing evidence — that tens of thousands, even millions, of noncitizens have illegally registered and voted in U.S. elections.

POLITICS

Texas Officials Begin Walking Back Allegations About Noncitizen Voters

Texas officials recently announced that 95,000 noncitizens appeared to be on that state's voter rolls.

Those numbers have since been shown to be seriously flawed, but it hasn't stopped Trump from insisting such fraud is rampant.

While claims of massive illegal voting by noncitizens have routinely been disproved, some noncitizens have ended up on the rolls, usually by accident.

FACT CHECK

FACT CHECK: Trump Repeats Voter Fraud Claim About California

"What is the 'vote,' what should I do?"
    Immigrants like Asife, who lived in Pennsylvania on a student visa in the early 2000s, were confused by the process of getting a driver's license and accidentally registered to vote. (NPR is not using his full name because what he did was technically illegal, and he's concerned about the repercussions in his community.)

"When I come here, I have no English language at all, like I barely, like you know, have some words," he says.

He didn't understand what the clerk was asking him, especially because Asife came from a country where elections are seldom held.

"The guy there didn't explain what is the 'vote,' what I should do? He just look at the screen and he told me, 'Okay, so answer this question.' And like I have no clue," says Asife.

He signed the form and forgot about it until he applied for citizenship seven years later and learned he was illegally registered to vote. Asife never actually voted and was able to become a U.S. citizen.

After hearing hundreds of similar stories, Pennsylvania officials realized they had a problem. They decided to change their system so that one of the first questions people are asked when applying for a driver's license is "Are you a citizen?" If the answer is no, applicants are never asked whether they want to register to vote. The forms are also available in 14 languages, instead of two.

David Becker, executive director of the Center for Election Innovation & Research, says other states also accidentally register noncitizens. Sometimes it's just a misunderstanding between the motor vehicles department and election officials over whose job it is to verify citizenship.

Small numbers of votes

Becker says the number of noncitizens who end up on the rolls is relatively small and the number who actually vote is even smaller. Pennsylvania officials estimated that the noncitizens they identified cast 544 votes from 2000 through 2017, out of 93 million overall votes cast.

"Again, a tiny drop in the bucket compared to the eligible voter population, but clearly something we want to avoid," says Becker.

POLITICS

Ahead Of The 2018 Election, Texas AG Ramps Up Voter Fraud Prosecutions

He notes that noncitizens can face serious legal action — several dozen have been prosecuted recently in North Carolina and Texas. It also undermines public trust and opens the way for allegations — even unfounded ones — of voter fraud.

POLITICS

Reducing Voters' Paperwork Might Expand The Voter Rolls

"My concern is it risks jeopardizing confidence in the electoral process,'" California Secretary of State Alex Padilla said last fall when it emerged that some 1,500 individuals, including noncitizens, had mistakenly been registered as part of his state's new automatic voter registration law. The registrations were canceled, but it raised questions about what other mistakes had been made.

Padilla says the problem was trying to implement the new law — in which every eligible voter is registered unless they opt out — at the same time the California Department of Motor Vehicles was upgrading its entire system.

West Virginia is now facing a similar challenge
    . It's supposed to start automatic voter registration at the Division of Motor Vehicles on July 1, but both election and DMV officials are seeking a delay.

"You get one day of voter registrations not coming through, we're headline news across the nation," Donald Kersey, general counsel for the secretary of state's office, warned lawmakers earlier this month.

The state's DMV now relies on a mainframe computer that's more than 26 years old and needs to be updated.

Kersey says there are already problems. Some legitimate registrations get lost, while noncitizens can get on the rolls.

"In the current system, the noncitizen can just say, or can misunderstand, and just say yeah, 'I'm eligible. I'm a U.S. citizen, I'm a West Virginia resident'," says Kersey. "They can, I'm not going to say lie, but they can make a mistake and say yes. And they get a voter registration card in the mail. They probably think they're allowed to vote now.

And then they go vote and they committed a crime."

Kersey says the numbers are tiny — the state is currently prosecuting only one noncitizen voter — but he says it's a concern when many local elections are decided by 10 votes or less. A bill to delay automatic voter registration for two years is making its way through the state legislature. It would also set up a new system to help ensure that those who do get registered are U.S. citizens.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/26/69784...not-on-purpose

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Move to a new section for Noncitizen and illegal immigrant voter documentation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)