Like Tree8Likes

Thread: NOT CONVINCED OF TRUMP'S SINCERITY, HONESTY, OR CHARACTER

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

NOT CONVINCED OF TRUMP'S SINCERITY, HONESTY, OR CHARACTER

Would I vote for Donald Trump if he received the Republican nomination for President of the United States? If the presidential election was tomorrow, absolutely, however, I refuse to jump on the Trump bandwagon at this early point. Some on ALIPAC seem convinced that Trump will be our savior. That's fine and I respect everyone's right to their opinion. With that said though, Trump has not completely won me over yet because I still have concerns regarding his sincerity, honesty, and character. My point to this thread is to say, folks may want to slow down a little before they buy into the Trump frenzy. I think we need more time to see exactly how he handles himself over the next 3-6 months. Let's be honest, Trump has been all over the place on immigration and that is an undeniable fact!

The following was put out by NUMBERUSA on Aug. 9th (9 days ago):

Excerpts:

Trump on national TV and on the Arizona border stumbled and let himself get boxed into saying he would offer amnesty to the illegal aliens who aren't the "bad ones." He seemed to be defensive and trying to prove that he isn't hostile to immigrants by also indicating he would like to see legal immigration increased.
    But Walker -- ambushed by an illegal-alien family brought to Iowa to confront him in front of the national press corps -- refused to be intimidated, stood strong and unapologetic about the importance of the rule of law, and declined to concede an amnesty..
    Rick Santorum in a long interview on PBS also resisted being trapped into talking about immigration issues in the paradigm the mainstream media prefers. Instead, he deftly turned the high-profile TV appearance into an appeal to set immigration policy to benefit workers and poor people.

TRUMP

HARMFUL -- Amnesty Rating
    UNHELPFUL -- Reducing Legal Immigration
    GOOD -- Interior Enforcement Rating
    C -- Overall Immigration Grade

WALKER

VERY GOOD -- Amnesty Rating
    VERY GOOD -- Reducing Legal Immigration Rating
    NO ACTION -- Interior Enforcement Rating
    B- -- Overall Immigration Grade

SANTORUM

EXCELLENT-- Amnesty Rating
    VERY GOOD -- Reducing Legal Immigration Rating
    GOOD -- Interior Enforcement Rating
    A -- Overall Immigration Grade
    Donald Trump says if he's elected president, he'd let undocumented workers who are productive stay in the United States, but if they just sponge off the system and don't contribute ... he'd have them deported. . . . Trump tells TMZ he'd create a "system of merit," saying people here illegally should have "a road to legal status" if they work hard and contribute to the country. . . . Trump also says no one really knows how many people are in the U.S. illegally -- he cites different stats that show the figure is somewhere between 11 and 30 million. Trumps says it's unrealistic and inhumane to attempt to deport all of them. Thus, the merit system. He says many undocumented workers are "hardworking people" who deserve a chance to live the American dream.
    A Sun Times report from his Arizona visit stated:
    During a rally in Arizona on Saturday that drew an estimated 4,000 supporters, Trump said nobody should interpret his comments as being anti-immigration. "I love legal immigration. I love it," Trump said. "We should make it easier, and faster."

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/pro-...ts-new-ratings

So here is what Trump has offered the public on immigration over the last month or so:

1. Amnesty to the illegals who aren't the "bad ones."
    2. An increase in legal immigration.
    3. Allow illegal
    workers who are productive stay in the United States (amnesty).
    4. Said it was unrealistic and inhumane to attempt to deport all illegal immigrants.
    5. Said many undocumented workers are "hardworking people" who deserve a chance to live the American dream.
    6. Said he loved legal immigration and belives we should make it easier, and faster.
    7. Supports a merit system to allow those here illegally, the ones who work hard, a path to legalization (amnesty).
    8. Is now saying he support expediting the return of the "good ones" (illegal immigrants).

Is everyone so quick to forget all of this simply because he said something different a couple days ago? Well, its going to take a lot more to convince me of his sincerity.

Last edited by MW; 08-18-2015 at 02:54 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

WELL I WILL JUMP ON TRUMP BAND WAGAN HE WILL BE OUR SAVIOR BETTER THEN OBAMA
    THAT FOR SURE OBAMA LIE LIKE HELL & EVERY ONE LOVE HIM OBAMA SHOULD HAVE BEEN IMPEACHED A LONG TIME GO . & NOW THAT TRUMP RUN FOR OUR NEXT PRESIDENT EVERY ON OUT TO GET HIM WHY . YOU ALL DON'T LIKE WHAT HE SAID TO BAD HE TELL IT LIKE IT IS & THAT WHAT I WANT NO BS , & HE WILL GET US JOB . & GET OUR COUNTRY BACK . HE THE BALL , I SAW EVERY ONE GOING SOMETHING THAT A JOKE . SO GOOD LUCK TRUMP
    YOU HAVE MY VOTE & ALL OF MY FRIENDS VOTE FROM THE BX & PA & FL

I missed any part of him saying he wants to expand legal immigration but I do remember him speaking on how many American Workers are displaced by cheaper foreign labor and work visa's and that needs to stop.

I'm for Trump and very little can change my mind probably unless we get someone like Jeff Sessions to run and gains steam enough to win. No President Candidate is a *Great Pick* but we should go with who has the best chance of winning along with the most likely to go against the system and fix many of the issues. Many many of the countries issues no other candidate really cares about fixing and 99% what we hear is just words they know we want to hear. Trump has clearly shown he will go against the political establishment and doesn't need either side. What other candidate is like that or can afford to be like that? Every other candidate will just wait on Congress to *fix* the issues saying they *tried* even on issues Congress isn't needed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012 View Post
    I missed any part of him saying he wants to expand legal immigration but I do remember him speaking on how many American Workers are displaced by cheaper foreign labor and work visa's and that needs to stop.

I'm for Trump and very little can change my mind probably unless we get someone like Jeff Sessions to run and gains steam enough to win. No President Candidate is a *Great Pick* but we should go with who has the best chance of winning along with the most likely to go against the system and fix many of the issues. Many many of the countries issues no other candidate really cares about fixing and 99% what we hear is just words they know we want to hear. Trump has clearly shown he will go against the political establishment and doesn't need either side. What other candidate is like that or can afford to be like that? Every other candidate will just wait on Congress to *fix* the issues saying they *tried* even on issues Congress isn't needed at all.
    I never heard him say in wanted to expand or increase legal immigration, either. He said he wanted to make it easier and faster, but that doesn't in any way mean you more of it or even current levels and he's made it plain in his plan he wants a "pause" and much, much less legal immigration.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW, I think that many understand your reservations, whether it is Mr. Trump or any other candidate. We have over the years heard so many promises, only to have our hopes dashed repeatedly. We have been betrayed over and over.

We have waited thirty years for the promises from 1986, a one time amnesty which resulted in rolling amnesties. We have waited and demanded secure borders, yet it never comes. We have seen enforcement measures for the most part, vanish. We have watched illegal aliens come before us, with our representatives at all levels catering to them, not the citizenry.

We have been lied to repeatedly.

There is real excitement now. We are all excited to have illegal immigration in the spotlight. Mr. Trump is not the only one strong on illegal immigration and common sense immigration measures. Scott Walker, Rick Santorum, Ted Cruz voice some strong positions. Mr. Trump is however, receiving the greater attention at this time and this is the issue he is focusing on primarily. We are seeing the other candidates forced to focus on immigration, legal and illegal, and we are hearing more where they stand on various aspects.

The immigration paper put forth by Mr. Trump has resulted in each candidate speaking out. That is good. Let them all be made to answer more clearly, including Mr. Trump. He is out front getting punched the hardest and hopefully he will remain forceful in his defense of America, of jobs, of protecting us from illegal immigration in ways we have not witnessed in recent times. We would like this from any candidate running for President.

Alipac and NumbersUSA hit back at Donald Trump when he veered off the path and we all should listen carefully to the candidates.

I think most of us are sick of the political class telling us how it is and that we need to accept things that we know are destroying our nation.

It is an exciting time. Here at Alipac we can see greater numbers of people, we are seeing old and new faces, we see people engaging and learning about illegal immigration and its detriment to us as individuals and as a nation.

It is good to know that llegal immigration is being talked about every day in a big way.

Let us each share our thoughts, even respectfully disagree.

I want to believe that we may see some positive results going forward.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 08-18-2015 at 11:05 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    GeorgiaPeach wrote:

MW, I think that many understand your reservations, whether it is Mr. Trump or any other candidate. We have over the years heard so many promises, only to have our hopes dashed repeatedly. We have been betrayed over and over.
    That is very true!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm more influenced by his most recent statements, because they come after his having met with Senator Jeff Sessions.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

Circumstances cause people to change their views. The overwhelming numbers of illegals invading the borders has caused many people to rethink their views on illegal immigration. It has gone from people just wanting a better life to an all out takeover.

I think that Donald Trump is a man of good character. This article is from 1988.

Orthodox Child with Rare Ailment is Rescued Aboard Tycoon’s Jet
    July 20, 1988

NEW YORK (Jul. 19)

The private Boeing 727 of real estate tycoon Donald Trump arrived from Los Angeles at LaGuardia Airport Tuesday morning, carrying aboard an Orthodox Jewish child with a rare and still undiagnosed breathing illness.

The child, Andrew Ten, age 3, arrived with his parents — accompanied by three nurses who attend to him around the clock — to try to seek
    July 20, 1988 medical help in the New York area.

Trump made his plane available for the special trip to New York after the boy’s parents, Judy and Harold Ten, called Trump and told him of their plight.

Commercial airlines refused to fly the child because he could not travel without an elaborate life-support system, which includes a portable oxygen tank, a suction machine, a breathing bag and an adrenaline syringe.

“Mr. Trump did not hesitate when we called him up. He said ‘yes, I’ll send my plane out,'” 29-year-old Harold Ten recalled shortly after he landed here Tuesday morning.

Asked why he thought Trump made his private jet available, Ten replied, “Because he is a good man. He has three children of his own and he knows what being a parent is all about.”

Ten said he believes that Trump fulfilled the Talmudic saying that “he who saves one person’s life is as if he saved the entire world.”

Among the relatives at the airport to greet the child and his parents were the paternal grandparents of the sick boy.

“Donald Trump is a miracle, just a miracle,” said grandmother Feigy Ten, who came to the airport with her husband, Phillip Ten.

Both grandparents thanked Trump’s generosity over and over again.

Andrew, who is called by his Hebrew name, Avraham Moshe, was taken from the airport to the Schneider Children’s Hospital of Long Island Jewish Medical Center for treatment and evaluation.

Andrew was healthy at birth, but one morning when he was 10 months old he suddenly stopped breathing. The second incident occurred six months later. Doctors had no explanation and to date have not determined what is causing him to stop breathing.

Andrew has not cried in the last two-and-a-half years. He now eats with a feeding tube since he lost his gag reflex and the ability to swallow. He is monitored around the clock by nurses, and sleeps with an apnea alarm.

Harold Ten said he and his family “are determined to do anything possible to save Andrew. We believe in God and we have hope,” he said.

http://www.jta.org/1988/07/20/archive/orthodox-child-with-rare-ailment-is-rescued-aboard-tycoons-jet

MW
    Newmexican wrote:

Circumstances cause people to change their views. The overwhelming numbers of illegals invading the borders has caused many people to rethink their views on illegal immigration. It has gone from people just wanting a better life to an all out takeover.
    I basically said the same thing about Scott Walker, but nobody seemed to want to hear it.