Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DJ
    I've been noticing something else in Southern California (at least in my area). I'm seeing that Walgreen's has something else besides hispanics working there. Also, those waiting tables at a local restaurant were black, white, and other ethnicities. I'm all for seeing every kind of person having these jobs. It's seeing ONLY hispanic faces that upsets me.

In the last few months, in Temecula, CA, I mentioned to my husband that I had gone shopping and didn't hear a word of Spanish, noticed fewer people at Starbucks (can actually sit at a table and not have uncontrollable children running around yelling in a foreign language), don't see Hispanic mothers walking home with groceries and with 3 or more children and see A LOT of border patrol vehicles. They aren't getting their nails done and aren't in the normal/higher priced grocery stores. The neighboring town has a lot (10%?) of foreclosures (probably mostly liar and ninja loans). The pool men lost a lot of customers (a lot of them were contractors), but work has been replaced with cleaning pools of foreclosed homes, for the banks. There are fewer men at the day laborer site, but they still won't work for less that $12 per hour, even though there are avocado management companies who would hire them for about $8 per hour. In Hemet, I am told, one can actually cross the busiest street, since there are many fewer cars. Increased gas prices, construction work drying up has contributed. Also, from a friend who has a green card, I learned some are afraid to try to come back after being deported (and returning in the past MANY times) and the next time they are caught, they will probably end up in jail.

I don't believe they have gone home, but someone is feeding them. I think they have moved in with relatives in another so cal city where there is less border patrol........

Quote Originally Posted by socalcracker
    In the last few months, in Temecula, CA, I mentioned to my husband that I had gone shopping and didn't hear a word of Spanish, noticed fewer people at Starbucks (can actually sit at a table and not have uncontrollable children running around yelling in a foreign language), don't see Hispanic mothers walking home with groceries and with 3 or more children and see A LOT of border patrol vehicles. They aren't getting their nails done and aren't in the normal/higher priced grocery stores. The neighboring town has a lot (10%?) of foreclosures (probably mostly liar and ninja loans). The pool men lost a lot of customers (a lot of them were contractors), but work has been replaced with cleaning pools of foreclosed homes, for the banks. There are fewer men at the day laborer site, but they still won't work for less that $12 per hour, even though there are avocado management companies who would hire them for about $8 per hour. In Hemet, I am told, one can actually cross the busiest street, since there are many fewer cars. Increased gas prices, construction work drying up has contributed. Also, from a friend who has a green card, I learned some are afraid to try to come back after being deported (and returning in the past MANY times) and the next time they are caught, they will probably end up in jail.

I don't believe they have gone home, but someone is feeding them. I think they have moved in with relatives in another so cal city where there is less border patrol........
    They have all migrated to Orange County, CA...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The photos of the blighted illegal alien colonies are very powerful images. We need more of the same to wake up more Americans who don't see this deterioration of our cities/towns. Local politicians are out of touch and should see the images.

I am sure I can get you some good pictures in Miami and I don't have far to go to get them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The illegal criminal aliens in my area of North Carolina seem to be decreasing.

But the State Road Construction has Yates Constuction in North Carolina doing work; and they have employees of illegal criminal aliens working on the road contract.

Notice that this company does contracts with the government and is this company E-Verifying employees or do they get a free pass to not hire Americans when using TAXPAYERS MONEY!

Who is checking to make sure Americans are not being displaced by illegals? The unemployment offices are they checking? ICE are they checking? The employers checking?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.yatesconstruction.com/
    Yates Construction Company, Inc.
    Yates Clearing Company, LLC

Specializing In

HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION
    SITE PREPARATION
    UTILITY CONSTRUCTION
    CLEARING & LOGGING

Home

9220 NC 65
    Stokesdale, NC 27357
    336-379-8131

Robert G. Yates, Sr. – President
    Bob has over thirty years experience in public utilities, site preparation and grading, and has worked over a seven-state area. Bob has experience in steam piping, boiler installation, underground duct work, and extensive experience in grading heavy and highway work.

Having established Yates Construction Company, Inc. in June of 1976, the work performed by Yates Construction Company, Inc. during the past years speaks to his experience.

Douglas B. Yates – Vice President and Secretary
    Doug has over thirty years experience in public utilities, site preparation and grading, and has worked over a seven-state area. Doug also has experience in steam piping, boiler installation, and underground duct work, plus highway work.

Having established Yates Construction Company, Inc. in June of 1976, the work performed by Yates Construction Company, Inc. during the past years speaks to his experience.

Robert G. Yates, Jr. - Vice President and Special Project Superintendent
    Bob, Jr. has been with Yates Construction Company, Inc. for over nineteen years. He has experience in public utilities, site preparation, and grading. He also has several years of roadway experience and the numerous items of work involved.

Bret L. Arnold - Project Manager
    Bret has been with Yates Construction Company, Inc. for over six years and has over eleven years of construction experience. He has experience in public utilities, site preparation, grading and heavy highway construction.

Equipment
    YCCI Equipment

QTY
    YCC, LLC Equipment
    · Track Dozers
    · Farm Tractors
    · MotorGraders
    · Rubber Tire Backhoes
    · Rubber Tire Loaders
    · Rubber Tire Scrappers
    · Self Propelled Compactors
    · Track Backhoes
    · Track Loaders
    · Vibratory Drum Rollers

· Peerless Log Loader & Delimbers
    · Log Trailers
    · CBI Stump Ripper and Shearers
    · Bandit Chippers
    · Diamond Z Tub Grinders
    · John Deere Cutters
    · Air Compressors
    · Air Track Drills
    · Dump Trailers
    · Lowboys
    · Pickups
    · Single Axle Dumps
    · Tandem Dumps
    · Road Tractors
    · Utility Trailers
    · Van Trailers
    · Water Trucks

Employment Opportunities

As a growing company, we are always looking for a variety of skilled workers. Please contact us to find out how you can apply for any open positions.

9220 NC 65
    Stokesdale, NC 27357
    336-379-8131
    info@yatesconstruction.com

-Drug Testing Required-

Policies Safety Statement Benefits

Policies

-Equal Employment Opportunity- It is the policy of this Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, creed, religion, sex, color, handicap, age, or national origin. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship and/or on-the-job training.

-Good Faith Effort Statement- Yates Construction Company, Inc., shall make every effort to recruit and employ females and minorities to occupy available positions within its organization. Efforts will also be made to provide training to females and minorities who lack experience in the position available.

Safety Statement

The management of the company holds in high regard the safety, welfare and health of its employees, citizens, and the public. In recognition of this and in the interest of modern management practice, Yates Construction Co., Inc. will constantly work toward:

1. The maintenance of safe and healthful working conditions.

2. Consistent adherence to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injury, illness, property damage, and liability.

3. Conscientious observance of all Federal, State and Local safety regulations.

Benefits

Competitive Wages

Group Med & Dental Plan
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

References

Please feel free to contact any of the following for reference information.

U.S. 421 Transmission Main
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Year completed: 1995

Alvin McCollum
    City of Wilmington
    (910)341-5882

Land Treatment Force Main, Contract 1&2
    Jacksonville, North Carolina
    Year completed: 1996

David Newsom
    City of Jacksonville
    (910)938-5261

Winchester Subdivision
    Raleigh, North Carolina

First Oakland Properties
    (919)833-9988

The Pointe at Lake Jeanette
    Greensboro, North Carolina

Cornwallis Development
    (910)379-6666

Center for Creative Leadership
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Year completed: 1997

Rhodes Corbett
    Center for Creative Leadership
    (910)272-8102

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In Hemet, I am told, one can actually cross the busiest street, since there are many fewer cars
    Socalcracker I have read the same for Arizona. Where some of their problems are just disappearing from the fleeing of ILLEGALS. Of course some of the businesses are yelling wolf.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

DJ
    uniteasone, I live about an hour's distance from Hemet, so your comment is indeed encouraging. Because so much of California is "sanctuary" status, any change here needs to be viewed positively! I know that the price of gas is a factor, but I'm also watching things like student enrollment changes in LA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12