Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama To Hold Internet Townhall Meeting 3/26/09

Obama To Hold Internet Townhall Meeting

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:43 PM

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama is planning an online town hall-style meeting on the White House's Web site this Thursday.

The White House says Obama will answer questions about the economy and other topics at WhiteHouse.gov. Visitors to the Web site can determine what questions the president will answer.

During his campaign, Obama used the Internet to connect with voters, mobilize supporters and raise a record-shattering amount of money. He has used that online approach during the first months of his presidency.

President George W. Bush's administration also took questions online at the White House's Web site.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obam ... 95606.html

"The White House is inviting you to post
    your questions on the economy and vote
    on submissions from others. The President
    will answer some of the most popular in an
    online town hall on Thursday."

http://www.Whitehouse.gov/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe this story should be moved to General Discussion so more people will see it and submit questions about the economy and illegal immigration.

Here is the direct link for submissions:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/OpenForQuestions/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I want to know why he thinks he should take my hard earned money and give it to other people. If I want to be charitable, I will and I don't need government regulating and dictating where my money goes. I know I can do a better job of screening charities than the government can and I will stop giving them money much quicker when they are caught abusing the funds.

Dixie

Dixie,
    One of the topics that you can submit questions on is "Budget." You just have to create a quick account and you can submit questions, and rate the questions of others.

Another topic is "Jobs" and I'll ask (and I encourage others to do so) if he is so concerned about jobs, then why did the Democrats strip E-Verify out of the stimulus which means about 300,000 jobs will go to illegal aliens.

I don't know if these questions will go anywhere, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

He's not going to answer anything that they can't put on the teleprompter.

I think we should ask him immigration enforcement questions.

Dixie

Populist, I'm going to take a shot at it, too.

Dixie, if President Quisling takes a question on ICE, he'll cry crocodile tears for those illegal Democrats. No worries, just having to deal with that question is to our advantage. Makes him show that he's not concerned about Americans who could - and would love to - take those entry level construction jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    He's not going to answer anything that they can't put on the teleprompter. I think we should ask him immigration enforcement questions.
    Dixie
    I went through the first 40 questions, didn't see anything on illegal immigration, but a whole lot on the legalization of marijuana..hmm..

Rockfish

Then you might ask Obama whether it concerns him at all that one of the primary products of California, one of our great agricultural states, is now marijuana, some of of which is being grown and harvested on U.S. National Park land by Mexican drug lords?

Also of course, we should ask him about why does he want to push "comprehesive immigration reform" i.e. amnesty for millions of illegal foreign workers in this era of mass unemployment -- which would further devastate the wages and job prospects of unemployed Americans.

MW
    Rockfish wrote:

I went through the first 40 questions, didn't see anything on illegal immigration, but a whole lot on the legalization of marijuana..hmm..
    Perhaps immigration questions are a no-no.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast