Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama Lies and Pelosi Swears to it! Illegal Invaders in Bill

“There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants.
    This, too, is false—the reforms I’m proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally.â€

As a senior I'm very mad over AARP supporting this freedom robbing bill, I do not understand how senior continue to support this group, do any board members know how we can get more info out to seniors who are not computer savvy.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

ELE
    oldguy, I wonder if it might be possible to give talks/lectures to Senior centers and/or nursing homes. And/or send out brochures and/or call Seniors and tell them what's going on,etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    All Seniors need to dump AARP, I hope they all do!!!!

Word of mouth, fliers left in public places work well.

Here you go "oldguy" AARP is losing members and I need to call myself and cancel....GO TEAM!

CBS) CBS News has learned that up to 60,000 people have cancelled their AARP memberships since July 1, angered over the group's position on health care.

Elaine Guardiani has been with AARP for 14 years, and said, "I'm extremely disappointed in AARP."

Retired nurse Dale Anderson has 12 years with AARP and said, "I don't wanna be connected with AARP."

Many are switching to the American Seniors Association, a group that calls itself the conservative alternative as CBS News Investigative Correspondent Sharyl Attkisson reports.

Watch Extended AARP Interview Here

Last week alone, they added more than 5,000 new members. Our camera was there Friday when the mail came.

Letters were filled with cut-up AARP cards.

"I think that probably the seniors are most upset with cuts in Medicare," said ASA President Stuart Barton.

The American Seniors Association is flat-out against President Obama's plan, which calls for $313 billion dollars in Medicare cuts over ten years. The AARP is widely viewed as supporting the President.

Last week, Obama told a town meeting in Portsmouth, NH, "We have the AARP on board because they know this is a good deal for our seniors."

The AARP called the President's statements "inaccurate," saying it hasn't endorsed any plan or bill.

Some were left with the feeling that AARP was waffling.

"I feel they're supporting it through the backdoor, and telling members that they're not through the front door," said Guardiani.

"AARP has not endorsed any plan at this point," said Cheryl Matheis, AARP VP for Social Impact.

Public or Co-op? Comparing Health Options

More coverage of Health Care Reform

Yet the AARP's Cheryl Matheis couldn't find anything to quibble with, including the Medicare cuts which she says will not affect benefits.

"We haven't seen provisions in legislation yet, so we're going to reserve judgment until we see them," said Matheis.

Meantime, the AARP's image suffered with this town meeting already seen by hundreds of thousands on YouTube.

Faced with skeptical questions from the audience, the AARP representative ends the meeting abruptly. When the discussion continues, she pulls the plug on the microphone.

AARP says for a group with 40 million members that adds hundreds of thousands each month, losing 60 thousand is just a drop in the bucket. But to the much smaller American Seniors Association it's a flood.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/ ... 7916.shtml
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Canceled AARP as of today along with their insurance plans......
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I've tried locally to talk with as many seniors as possible as I said many are just not tied into the system,hopefully adult children will speak with parents on this issue, let them know AARP is not their friend.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.