Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Obama: Would be 'personal insult' to legacy if black voters don't back Clinton

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama: Would be 'personal insult' to legacy if black voters don't back Clinton

Obama: Would be 'personal insult' to legacy if black voters don't back Clinton

By MJ Lee, Dan Merica and Jeff Zeleny, CNN
    Updated 11:02 PM ET, Sat September 17, 2016

Washington (CNN)President Barack Obama delivered an impassioned plea to the African-American community Saturday night to help stop Donald Trump, saying he would consider it a "personal insult" to his legacy if black voters didn't turn out for Hillary Clinton.

Addressing the Congressional Black Caucus gala for the last time as president, Obama warned that while his name would not be on the ballot in November, all of the progress that the country has made over the last eight years was on the line.

"If I hear anybody saying their vote does not matter, that it doesn't matter who we elect -- read up on your history. It matters. We've got to get people to vote," Obama said. "I will consider it a personal insult -- an insult to my legacy -- if this community lets down its guard and fails to activate itself in this election. You want to give me a good sendoff? Go vote."

Obama's speech -- coming less than two months away from Election Day -- marked some of his harshest words yet about Trump, as well as his most forceful call on the black community to get behind Clinton.

Why Democrats are anxious

His remarks also had lighter moments -- particularly as he addressed the so-called "birther" controversy. The second-term president began his speech by remarking: "There's an extra spring in my step tonight. I don't know about you guys, but I am so relieved that the whole 'birther' thing is over."

Chuckling, the President said, "I mean: ISIL, North Korea, poverty, climate change -- none of those things weighed on my mind like the validity of my birth certificate. And to think: that with just a 124 days to go, under the wire, we got that resolved."

Obama was referring to Trump's admission this week that the president was born in the United States. Trump has long supported the birther theory, raising questions about Obama's birthplace and demanding that the president present his birth certificate as proof of his origin.

Obama's tone, however, soon turned serious as he outlined what he said was at stake in the election.

"You may have heard Hillary's opponent in this election say that there's never been a worse time to be a black person. I mean, he missed that whole civics lesson about slavery or Jim Crow," Obama said. "But we've got a museum for him to visit, so he can tune in. We will educate him."

In harsh rebuke of Trump, Obama referred to the businessman as "somebody who has fought against civil rights and fought against equality and who has shown no regard for working people most of his life."

On Trump's quest to win over African-American voters, Obama quipped: "Well, we do have challenges, but we're not stupid."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/17/politi...sional-caucus/
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's funny isn't it? Obama doesn't know anything about Donald Trump, what he's worked for, what he's worked against, what he's accomplished, so when you don't know, what do politicians like Barack Obama do? They make it up. We call that lies.

A Congressional Black Caucus Gala?!! To attack a Presidential candidate who wants to fix our country, starting with the Inner Cities??!! How fitting.

I'm thinking that if black voters want to vote based on their race, they need to find some new black people to vote for or vote for Trump who regardless of his race, wants to fix our country including our Inner Cities, and Make America Great Again for ALL AMERICANS.

I'm thinking black Americans like all Americans should consider voting for the person who not only wants to fix our country, but knows how to do so, and that person in this election is Donald J Trump. Every American with two live brain cells still connected knows we have to stop illegal immigration, reduce legal immigration, fix our bad trade deals, stay out of foreign wars, and focus on solving the needs of our own country for the benefit of our own citizens. Black Americans know this, so the Black Political Elite needs to cut their chains on these voters so they can feel free to vote their minds, hearts and best interests as free citizens of the United States, instead of continue on as pigeon-holed voters trapped in their spaces by the Democratic Party.

When a President of the United States attempts to pigeon-hole black Americans with attacks like what Obama did at this gala, yes, attacks, he's attacking black Americans voting for Trump claiming they're "insulting" his black legacy, then you KNOW it is time for CHANGE and that means TRUMP.

STOP RACE-BASED VOTING!!

FREE YOURSELVES!

VOTE FOR DONALD J TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!
    Last edited by Judy; 09-19-2016 at 05:00 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

he would consider it a "personal insult" to his legacy if black voters didn't turn out for Hillary Clinton.
    Ego maniac - his legacy is titled "incompetence" and "divisive". As usual the "race card" pulled out of the deck.