Thread: Off Topic: Oil

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Off Topic: Oil

Saw on TV last night that there is a good chance that oil could go to $100.00/barrel.

Would any of this have happened if we hadn't invaded IRAQ? Does anyone else here think there's more to this then meets the eye... and the American people aren't being told the full story? How did everything get so screwed up....

During Gulf War 1 that gas went to around 1.40. Back then it was said that it was because our military was consuming much of the oil and gas. It could be true this time as well. But since China is using so much more and the rest of the world I wouldn’t doubt that it would happen. We need more refineries in the US as well as more drilling.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Peak Oil

Been reading up on "Peak Oil". Scary stuff. Do a google search on this and it explains alot of our governments policy torward other nations... including Central America.

Try Googleing Petróleos Mexicanos (Pemex), Mexico’s state oil monopoly. Pemex is the third-largest producer of crude in the world, and the ninth largest integrated major oil company.

Cantarell is the largest oil field in Mexico, and the eighth largest in the world. The field, which has been in production since 1979, had produced 2.11 million barrels per day in 2004. Pemex expects that to decline by 5% to 2.0 mbpd in 2005. At $50.00 per barrel, you can do the math (100 million dollars a day). Cantrell is just one of their productive fields, there are many more!

Unfortunately, mis-management and a great deal of corruption has caused a decline in Mexico's national treasure. Why are we told repeatedly Mexico is a "poor" country and why do we send them $60 million a year in foreign aid. Kinda make ya go HHHHHMMMMM......
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    We need more refineries in the US as well as more drilling.
    IMHO, we need to improve alternatives. Did you know that diesel engines were designed to run on corn oil? Also did you know that there is over one hundred designs to make you car run for 300 miles on one gallon of gas?
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

rakishoner, AMEN!!!!! Ortho can make a chemical that you can spray on your lawn that kills the weeds but leaves the grass, why then can we not use the power of corn, thats right corn. I can't believe that we can't make an alcohol based fuel that will work just fine in our existing cars. Imagine the distilleries and the farms becoming the new oil barons without having to bend over and kiss someones butt (Mexico) to get the black slippery stuff! Hydrogen power requires splitting H2O into its elements. Do that enough here and you have Mars! The atmosphere is held to earth by gravity and it is the moisture H2O that makes it that heavy. Keep taking the moisture out and it will zip out into space quickly, no air, no breath. Ever see and Alcohol Dragster hit 300 MPH?
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Quote Originally Posted by rakishoner
    Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    We need more refineries in the US as well as more drilling.
    IMHO, we need to improve alternatives. Did you know that diesel engines were designed to run on corn oil? Also did you know that there is over one hundred designs to make you car run for 300 miles on one gallon of gas?
    rakishoner,
    You are correct. My point is that we should not be dependent on resources from other countries when we have enough of our own. Henry Ford wanted to use bio-diesel for the Model A but was stopped by our government, the rest is history. I would gladly use ethanol produced from corn by local farmers. My only issue with alternative fuels is that as soon as we stop using fossil fuels the government is going to snag us even higher with taxes. Some states are already testing a "tax by the Mile" That’s right, GPS on your car tracks where you go, you get charged per mile anywhere from .25 cents to $1.50 per mile. It is going on in Oregon as we speak.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Blame America!

Gas is around $2.22 a gallon average yet I see most Americans sucking it up and paying the price. I don't see any demand for the old GEO metro small cars that gets 46 miles a gallon. Yeah the Prius sells but.....

China and India are booming with inveestments by US Companies looking for cheap labor. NAFTA, CAFTA, FTAA etc Americans like to buy CHEAP Wal-mart goods made in China. So WE ARE to blame for this oil crises. $4 and $5 a gallon gas will corect this as it did in the past!

Iraq? The only thing about IRAQ is why are we not pumping more oil from IRAQ? This is why I am peeved at Bush. We did not go to Iraq for oil but if we have it get it and use it!

That’s right, GPS on your car tracks where you go, you get charged per mile anywhere from .25 cents to $1.50 per mile. It is going on in Oregon as we speak.
    That would not surprise me at all. After all, Haliburton and DICK Chaney and Jorge BUSH wouldn't want to lose out on some money. Their compadres, the Saudi family might get angry
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

The more I read on peak oil the more I am convinced that it has something to do with our immigration policies and the way our government operates as a whole.

It's not just gasoline.... EVERYTHING we use and consume is tied to oil.. EVERYTHING. Food, clothes, chemicals, homes, etc. Stop and think what part of your life is not touched in some fashion by oil. I can't think of one.

If indeed the doomsayers are right about this... were screwed.