Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oklahoma Senator, Inhofe's Response to Presidents Speech.

This is Senator James Inhofe of oklahoma,s response to the Presidents speech. Senator Inhofe was against the comprehensive immigration bill.Would someone please read this and tell me what he heard tonight in the Presidents speech that I must have missed! He seems to be saying we can have a comprehensive bill without Amnesty? I am confused by his response, what do I need to say to him when I write him about this. please help me someone......Confused in Oklahoma!

INHOFE RESPONDS TO PRESIDENT’S
    STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS

January 23, 2007

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Jim Inhofe (R-Okla) made the following statement in response to President Bush’s State of the Union Address tonight.

“The strongest initiative the President announced tonight was his plan to rebuild the United States military by replacing the end strength that was torn down in the Clinton years. We knew it was a bad idea then and thankfully the President is addressing it now.

“In regards to energy, I support the President’s call for increased domestic exploration however I take issue with aspects of his other energy initiatives.

“Increasing the supply of alternative and renewable fuels will negatively impact Oklahoma farmers. Our state’s farmers are directly competing for the grain and corn used in the formulation of some of these alternative fuels. Thus, increased demand for these fuels increases the cost of feedstock for our farmers. That being said, I do support the development of innovative fuels that do not increase operating costs for Oklahoma farmers, such as those being developed by Oklahoma State University and the Noble Foundation.

“Additionally, I have always opposed strict CAFE [Corporate Average Fuel Economy] Standards. As someone with 20 kids and grandkids, I understand that large cars and SUVs are necessary to carry on with normal life. America has always been different from many other countries in that Americans have a choice in how they live their lives. In our country, the government ought not to tell you what type or size car to drive.

“I applaud the President’s innovative approach to making private health insurance more affordable and available by proposing standard deductions for health insurance and supporting State incentives to insure their most vulnerable citizens. This proposal matches legislation that my colleagues and I are already introducing here in the Senate.

“Also tonight, I was pleased to hear the President opposed amnesty with regards to comprehensive immigration reform. Eliminating amnesty was a primary feature of my own immigration legislation. I have long contended that to award amnesty to those who have come to this country illegally would be to cheat the legal immigrants who have gone through the entire naturalization process.

“I applaud the President’s budget concerns and let’s keep in mind that in the last two budgetary cycles we have been able to defeat Democrat amendments that would have added over $1 trillion dollars to the President’s budget.”

###

January 2007 Press Releases

http://inhofe.senate.gov/public/index.c ... =Home.Home
    Build the dam fence post haste!

double speak?
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Drinking the cool aid?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    I wouldn't read too much into what he said. IMO, he was simply drawing attention to Bush's own words: NO AMNESTY! I'm sure Inhofe knows what Bush's definition of "no amnesty" is, but he was probably just making a play with Bush's words for the listening (viewing) public.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Come on you guys. It's now up to us. He said "No Amnesty". He knows what the meaning of that word is to the American people. If he meant a path to citizenship he would have used that term.

Now it is our job to see that his plan of guest worker program with no amnesty is what we get.

He does not want this to drag out or end the way the last one did. He now understands that we will probably accept a guest worker program if we must, but he knows that if it is something that turns into citizenship we're going to be back to square one.

He meant no citizenship.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW, even Inhofe interprets it the way we do. We need to hold President Bush and his pen to what he said!!

NO AMNESTY

If we misinterpret NO AMNESTY to mean AMNESTY in the long run we will be giving certain people just what they want.

NO AMNESTY. The ball is in our court. But I do believe that we will have to have a guest worker program......when the borders are secure and the employers understand that laws will be enforced.

BTW, he said we were going to double the number of border patrol agents. I know it's still not enough but all of these things must happen before any guest worker program. Even the Dems say that.

I checked out Senator Coburn's response to what the President had to say and he did'nt even mention the part about immigration reform, I wrote him this letter and will post his response when and if I get one and will another one to Senator Inhofe. Everyone should check to see what your State Senators and Congressmen had to say in response it might let us know just where we stand! W. I have a question for you, if our same leaders stand firm against this issue will they be outvoted if this comes to a vote?

Dear Senator Coburn,
    I am writing to you after just watching the President make his state of the union speech tonight. I immediately went to your web page to see your response to the speech, I noticed Sir, you did not even mention the President's remarks about wanting to pass a comprehensive immigration bill with a guest workers program, I want to know just where you stand on this issue. Senator Coburn, most of the polls show that the American people want our borders secured and our immigration laws enforced, what is so hard for this administration and our Leaders to understand where we stand on this issue? Sir, I fail to understand why the President keeps saying we cannot secure our borders without having a guest worker program in place, I fail to see what one has to do with the other, I am hoping you can explain this to me. I understand that things have changed, the Democrats are now in control of the house and the senate, I want to know does this mean, the Republican Congress and the Senate, are now going to cave in to the Democrats, and the President, on this issue and pass this bill over the loud protest of most of the American citizens of this country? Senator Coburn, I can almost guarantee if this bill passes, there will be a major up rising in this country and a turn over in the next election, that will make this last one look like child's play. Most of us Senator, do not want a multicultural, bilingual America, we want our country and our culture to remain as it is for our children and grandchildren's future.We will fight to retain our country, our culture, and our laws, as it is,and not as it will be if this comprehensive immigration bill is passed and imposed on the citizens of this country by our leaders, in spite of all of our protest against it!
    Thank you,
    Build the dam fence post haste!

MW
    LegalUSCitizen wrote:

He does not want this to drag out or end the way the last one did. He now understands that we will probably accept a guest worker program if we must, but he knows that if it is something that turns into citizenship we're going to be back to square one.
    You perception of the situation is interesting, because I've always been of the opinion that Bush never really did care that much about placing illegals on a path to citizenship. Sure he's for it if it'll fly, but I believe you're right - he would find a guest worker program without a path to citizenship acceptable if that was the best he could get. In other words, I believe a guest worker program (slave labor for corporate America) is more important to Bush than a path to citizenship for illegals. Unfortunately though, people like Kennedy, Reid, McCain, Specter, Pelosi, etc. will never agree to a massive guest worker program without the path to citizenship.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW, I truly do believe that you are right too. Right on target. I believe that the best he can hope for is a guest worker program and that he was willing to meet us half way and that he meant what he said tonight.

I believe we will only harm ourselves if we call him every name in the book and act like he didn't really mean NO AMNESTY.

It is critical that we take the right steps now or we are going to blow it for ourselves.

NO AMNESTY. Yes Sir, Mr. President. Whatever you say !

Seriously everyone beware of getting all negative.

This is not the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast