Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

He calls it a temporary guest worker program, that would mean that they would go home after a certain time. I haven't seen anything like that in any of the bills that have been introduced.

We're starting over Sawdust and this time President Bush wants something a little different than last time. I guess he thinks that entering the country illegally is not an acceptable way to become a U.S. citizen. I think most Americans would agree with him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ahem, cough, cough...

"No amnesty?"

Or just removal of the word, "amnesty?"

Be on guard for concessions being awarded to illegals. "Ohhhh Noooo, it's not amnesty! "We're just gonna give 'em 6 year renewable H-5B visas, and not call it "amnesty!"

And guess what, folks. If they give em non-immigration H-5B visas; the [former] illegals will do like a lot of their H-1B brothers and convert these visas into green cards, and citizenship.

But "Ohhhhh noooooo!" It's not "amnesty!"

The mainstream press will support giving them concessions and not calling it amnesty!

Free health care
    Continued immunity to arrest
    Free education
    crime sprees
    and the list goes on and on.

Bottom line: Beware of spin from our Democratic* president.

* Not a typo.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

I agree, Coto, until we see legislation that does away with a path to citizenship, a bullet proof way of assuring their return and a bullet proof way of assuring that American citizens get those jobs before any alien does, I won't trust any of them. All of the closed-door agreements that this President has done in the past, especially the one in Banff, speaks for itself along with all of the idiotic ideas that some of these liberals have, like for instance..a path to citizenship...NOT IF YOU ARE HERE ILLEGALLY
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Coto
    Beware of spin from our Democratic* president.
    That was my first red alert...when the prez and dems fell in love...I though oh crap...get ready!!! incoming!!! wet cow patties!!!
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

If he's basically "lying" to us then he or his advisors must be out of their minds. I find it hard to believe that they would play around with us with as he said people having such strong convictions on this.

They know that our side will be infuriated if they tried to pull the same thing off on us again. GWB would lose so much credibility it would be the final straw for his presidency. He would not say "No animosity". He would know that there would be so much animosity that animosity would not be the right word to describe it.

Guys!! A lot has happened since last time. The elections, war spinning out of control....come on.

Anyone who thought we wouldn't get a guest worker program....that surprises me. As much as they should and they could....deportation was unlikely. I think that he is trying to meet us half way. What proof do you have that he's not? Just because he used the term "amnesty" you are afraid it's the same nightmare about to start all over again.

And if he had blurted out "And with no path to citizenship".....these people have already proven they will take to the streets, I don't think he wants that or needs that. Illegals in the streets on top of the war heating up? That's all he needs. It wouldn't surprise me if he did start some deportations if that happens.

Please, give things a chance. I know it is asking for a lot, but I would hate for us to be wrong. There will be plenty of time to have "Amnesty with animosity later if we are being taken advantage of and lied to, and I do not think that we are.

I don't believe we can let these people get away with anything or make any concessions to them simply because we are afraid they will take to our streets? Are we to sit cowed in our chairs at home while they take to our streets? I don't think so! They can march in our streets till the cows come home and it won't make any difference to me, in fact I think they more they do that the more Americans are going to really get pissed off and want to sent their butts right back home on the next available bus!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I liked Tom Tancredo's comment about bush's "immigration reform".
    "It's the same pig with different lip gloss"

Call 'em as you see 'em Tom, you're going to gain the support of many more people for it.
    Go Tom!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

A "guest worker program" IS AMNESTY.

It is always in the FINE PRINT. Nothing has changed except for the DEM/LIB Congress who bush knows is on the same page as he is.

BTW, anyone know just how these fine GUEST WORKERS would be made to leave? By what mechanism?
    How many extended family members will they be bringing with them?
    How many anchor babies will be born while they're "guests?"
    SOCIAL SECURITY?
    Increased MEDICAL?
    EDUCATION............English as a 2nd language?
    Free Legal?

Do keep in mind the wonderful, all consuming FENCE to nowhere legislation and then say................"Guest Worker Program--not Amnesty"

You are right Sis, nothing has changed except maybe the minds of my Oklahoma Senators!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast