Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

One Town Takes a Stand Against Illegals

The following article appeared in the Winston-Salem Journal( NC) today.
    That link is www.journalnow.com

County to sue businesses that hire illegal immigrants
    BOISE, Idaho - Faced with the costs of coping with illegal immigrants, one county is looking to the courts for help - by filing a racketeering lawsuit against the businesses that hire these workers.

The legal theory: that a pattern of immigration violations by employers is costing Canyon County millions of dollars for law enforcement, education and social services.

"Their presence lowers the labor wage for American citizens and removes employment opportunities," said county Commissioner Robert Vasquez.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

This is a great idea and maybe one that would work in a lot of our towns. If the federal government is not going to do anything to stop this mess, maybe we can start pursuing action on a local level as they are planning to do in Boise, Idaho. I hope they will keep us posted on the results of their lawsuit.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

WAY TO GO IDAHO.....SHOW 'EM ALL THE WAY....LISTEN UP, CALIFORNIA, TEXAS, NEW MEXICO, NEVADA, OKLAHOMA, NC, NY, GO GO GO GO

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

You said it Road Runner!

Good to see that news spreading.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would never have thought of using the racketeering angle but it sure sounds like a promising solution. I hope we will be able to track the action here.

PS, WILLIAM-------

I MISS YOUR AVATAR!

I am proud to be a member of this forum. All you good folks are helping to spread the word, and it's spreading! Legend has it the fire that burnt the City of Chicago started with a single cow knocking over a lantern, and so goes the fight to reform our country!

Moe Howard: "We need tax reform and immigration reform, and all this administration gives us is cloroform, are we to remain asleep?"
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

I am a little surprised that some lawyer group has not jumped on the bandwagon and has started suing the big guys with all the money already. These guys live for this kind of action suing the big guys. I'm not real crazy about these guys but when the situation warrants it, they come in good. I say use them if need be. It looks like the political route is going to take too long and be too little too late. We'll all be bankrupt by the time the politicians get a grip.

I would think that as many employers who are using illegals in one way or another, there would be enough money there to feed a generation of lawyers on this deal.
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

Yeah money is the key here. Illegal immigration, along with those who profit from it, is ORGANIZED CRIME. There are landscaping and cleaning companies following the rules and they are going uder because they can't compete with people breaking the law. That is unfair business practice and should be prosecuted.

CALLING ALL LAWYERS! If we have any in ALIPAC, speak up!! If not, we need to see if we can recruit us a few. Maybe, if that case is successful, we can pursue something where we are.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast