Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Before any of this big law corporations get involved in this...they have to be PAID. They have to have a complaint. My question is: does it have to be a Chamber of Commerce...can't it be any individual or business that's been hurt?

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

That's a very interesting question. Anybody have the answer to that??
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    Before any of this big law corporations get involved in this...they have to be PAID. They have to have a complaint. My question is: does it have to be a Chamber of Commerce...can't it be any individual or business that's been hurt?

RR
    Rest assured it will not be the Chamber of Commerce bringing the suit. They are one of the groups who are whispering in the presidents ear on keep these illegals.

It would have to be a business that is going straight by the book who has been hurt by a business utilizing illegals. Lots of businesses are not hiring illegals but still using them with temporary rent-a-worker types making it harder for investigators to find. These companies are experts in keep out of trouble while raking more profits in.

I could be wrong, but I don't think a big law corporation would need to be paid up front IMO. They bring suits in hopes of getting bigger money down the road.

You never know, some of these lawyer corporation may be using illegals to clean their offices and to burn their confidential paper work. If so, they are not going there! In that case, we are SOL.
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

I'm not a lawyer but I know some basic tenants of the law. First, proving that a company KNEW they were hiring illegals is hard. This is why Tyson Chicken successfully fought off a lawsuit by the gov't a year or two ago. The gov't couldn't prove they knew! This is the achillese (sp) heel of the whole thing--employers can pretend they were ever so in the dark because of all the fraudulent ID forms these illgals cook up. You may not have seen it, but a few weeks ago I posted that I went to a bar where I know the doorman, and four obviously Mexican nationals came in--none of whom spoke a word of English,--and all four of them had different ID's. I asked the doorman if any of them were Matricula Consular cards, and he never heard of them! So basically Mexicans have a whole slew of fake ID's and on top of that they sell each other social security numbers.

This is how the Third World works. Whereas First World Nations, generally speaking, have a respect for Laws and grasp the notion that a civilization will crumble like a deck of cards if a large portion of the population stops playing by the rules, Third Worlders see the law as something to be gotten around. They can't trust their police or court systems, so why would they go by the rules. Sooooo--they come here to the US with that mindset and figure out ways to get around the system.

But what is shockingly disturbing to me, however, is that post 2000 America is feeding into this mentality. We are absolutely encouraging this behaviour by not putting the hammer down. Follow the money trail. Wanna hear something infuriating? All it takes is one phone call to a gov't agency to verify a SS number. That's all it takes. And yet the Tyson Chickens of the World feign ignorance or whine that they aren't ICE. I recall a friend of mine who used to work in HR for a major corporation that will remain nameless, and she said they had 27 employees all using the same SS number. This goes on all over the country. Illegals pay one person a couple of grand to sell them their ID number, and then the illegals pass it around.

You are absolutely correct BobC. Yet our wonderful government who is supposed to be enforcing these laws turn an about face when confronted with illegal workers. Instead of deporting them, they just want to ignor them and the facts.

Government......it started out as a good idea.......but is now working against the legals who made this country great.
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

That's the reason that I think the REAL ID is a necessary evil. There has just got to be a way to identify REAL CITIZENS and distinguish these lawbreakers from people who are either citizens or who have come here legally. Personally, I would rather give up A FEW freedoms for the safety of having a non-conterfeitable Identification. Then it is up to the government AND businesses to require these any time they hire someone or let someone vote or let someone get a drivers' license. It's sad but it's a sign of the times.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Right, Straight

Bootsie--I too favor the Real ID. Unfortuantely, if CAFTA passes, it won't make a ratz azz worth of difference because we will be flooded with Third Worlders anyway. "Free flow of services."

this is what is so infuriating. While there's little question that the Real ID will help screen out Arab terrorists, meanwhile we will still have an onslaught of Third Worlders driving down our wages, and overwhelming us with an ENDLESS LINE OF ILLITERATE PEOPLE. I don't mean to come off as mean to the uneducated--my grandparents had little education and I loved them dearly--but does flooding the most competitive nation on the earth with people who are illiterate in two languages really sound like a great way to go?That's what will happen! The "Free Flow" will be a one way road heading North.

If your grandparents weren't well-educated, there was a real good REASON back then. Today, there is NO EXCUSE for not being at least LITERATE. But, I loved the way you phrased it about them being "illiterate in two languages"!!! You've got it BobC!!

And, you are probably right about the REAL ID and CAFTA but it has to start SOMEWHERE and this IS a start. Good going for Congressman Sensenbrenner. He didn't let all of those other idiots steam roll him. He stood up to the wimps and finally got it through.

But Bootsie--for US having no eduaction is unthinkable these days, but if you travel throughtout Mexico and further South, you'll come to see that those people have little or no access to education. They really don't. So judging them by our standards isn't fair. On the other hand, my friend Joe is an elementary school teacher in Austin and he says he takes his kiddies out to the playground at lunch, and some of the Mexican mothers will be on the other side of the fence, crying and pleading for their kid to come and be with the family rather than be in school! I'm not sure how often that happens, but I was shocked when he told me that.

Soooo whether it's "fair" or not, the fact remains that we are getting hit by a tidal wave of uneducated people. Their reproduction rate is just astounding. This is a a huge cultural difference--America's population growth sans immigration, is nearly zero. Is it really wise to have the non-educated over-populate the educated? I'd love to be naive enough to think all these illegals can and will magically become educated, but if the disastrous example of Los Angeles is any indication, we are in serious trouble. In twenty years LA has changed from one of the high performing counties in the nation to nearly dead last.

LA--The bow of the Titanic...

BobC--I think I wasn't as clear as I should have been about the educational opportunity. I MEANT the ones that are HERE are sure being given, on a silver platter, every educational opportunity. I'm sure you're right about the level of education in those countries and I sure agree with your premise that it's bringing the educational level down here. In fact, it's just another source for the "dumbing down" of America.

We were also discussing the population explosion of illegals on one of the other forums and it is just astonishing. I think the fact that these are Catholic countries who actually follow the Vatican's teachings on birth control is a huge contributing factor to this explosion. My suggestion, on several of the forums, would be to set up "spay and neuter clinics" on the border and tell them that they could ONLY come into our country if they agreed to sterilization! Then we could solve this anchor baby problem. I guarantee there aren't many of them that would agree to that so maybe they would just stay in their own country and reproduce. Those clinics would be right next door to the schools in which they would stop to learn our launguage!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast