Like Tree2Likes

Thread: OP-ED Matt Bevin Will Defeat Mitch McConnell in Kentucky

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OP-ED Matt Bevin Will Defeat Mitch McConnell in Kentucky

Matt Bevin Will Defeat Mitch McConnell in Kentucky

BY J CRAIG · JANUARY 14, 2014

You read that correct. The Senate Republican leader and four-term Senator from Kentucky, Mitch McConnell will lose to Republican challenger Matt Bevin on May 20, 2014. Why? Many reasons really, but mainly because of the power of grassroots. I, for one have been a supporter of the long time Senator for awhile, but for different reasons than many. I believed that he would be our best option for Republicans to take back the Senate in 2014 and then we could do some house work. I was wrong. Too many things clouded my judgment and my conservative principles simply would not allow me to continue with the same old same. Enough is enough already. Kentucky deserves better. Much better.

Mitch McConnell has been in Washington for 30 years. Just let that sink in and ask yourself if you prefer the same old same and business as usual or do we need to venture down a new path with a new leader? That leader is Matt Bevin. Matt is a family and businessman from Louisville, Kentucky with true conservative values and will bring a fresh face and attitude to Washington on behalf of Kentuckians. We do not need the same tired old tricks and constant political rhetoric we get from Mitch McConnell. We do not need to hear him begging for the conservative vote only when election time comes up because he knows his record tells quite a different story.

Matt Bevin is a man of character and tells it like it is. I met him a few times when I was attending Tea Party meetings and GOP picnics throughout Kentucky. I spoke to him in great lengths when I was previously supporting McConnell and he took the time to listen and offer up his views. I knew then that he was a great family man and a great American, but Matt Bevin is a man that simply gets it. He understands the situation in both Kentucky and Washington, but he also offers a fresh outlook and competitive spirit that will surely get more Kentuckians to give him a listen.

Mitch McConnell cannot defeat Alison Grimes. – Matt Bevin

How is Matt Bevin different than Mitch McConnell? Click here.

Mitch McConnell is currently polling around 31% approval rating in Kentucky.

He has been and continues to be unpopular in the state, which does not sit well for him against Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes. Matt Bevin will win in Kentucky. People are just tired of Mitch McConnell and Alison Grimes is not only not ready to be a US Senator, but she isn’t right for Kentucky.

Matt Bevin is not a career politician and he will challenge both parties as he brings to Washington his conservative values, belief for limited government, holding both Democrats and Republicans accountable, and most importantly, he will stand up for all Kentuckians. Matt Bevin is a man of principle, not a man who is after power. He will put principle over party and challenge his peers on all issues that are important to Americans. That is what Kentucky needs. That is what America needs. Matt Bevin is a man with integrity and courage to challenge the status quo. We cannot continue to kick the can down the road. We have to remove the band-aid and address the problem. Mitch McConnell is part of the problem. Matt Bevin is the solution.

Mitch McConnell failed to take Matt Bevin seriously early on. That was a mistake. McConnell and his staff continue to falsely attack Bevin and participate in a mud-slinging campaign because they cannot run on Mitch’s record. They have an endorsement from Senator Rand Paul. Why is this? Simple. McConnell can help Paul in his 2016 Presidential bid. That is the only reason Paul and his campaign director Jesse Benton have been working and supporting McConnell. It certainly isn’t because they truly believe he is the great conservative leader he has claimed to be.

Do you want to clean up the Republican Party? Are you tired of the same old same going on in Washington? As RedState pointed out, the biggest thing you can do to help clean up the GOP is to defeat Mitch McConnell in Kentucky by supporting Matt Bevin. If you want to change Washington, then you change those you send to Washington. You can help bring true change by supporting Matt Bevin in Kentucky helping him to defeat the Senate Republican leader. We need more folks like Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and Rand Paul in Congress. Matt Bevin certainly fits this bill.

Send a message to the old guard and send a message to Washington. We the people have had enough and your services are no longer required. Retire Mitch and make the switch, to Matt Bevin, a true conservative leader. We can make history on May 20, 2014 by showing them that grassroots truly do matter. Our voices and concerns matter. We matter. Matt Bevin is a leader that both Kentucky and America needs because he will help us fight to restore liberty and work tirelessly to hold both political parties accountable to the American people. There was a man who was going up against the odds and viewed as a long shot who ended up winning in the state of Texas. That man was Ted Cruz. It will happen again in Kentucky.

I officially endorse conservative Republican Matt Bevin for U.S. Senate in Kentucky.
    <font color="#666666"><span style="font-family: Titillium"><span style="font-family: inherit"><span style="font-family: inherit"><span style="font-family: inherit"><span style="font-family: inherit"><span style="font-family: inherit">

Matt Bevin is endorsed by the Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF), Glenn Beck, Mark Levin, Gun Owners of America, Erick Erickson of RedState, Madison Project PAC, and many others.
    http://redknucklepolitics.com/matt-bevin-will-defeat-mitch-mcconnell-in-kentucky/
    Matt is a firm believer in this country’s founding ideals: Individual liberty, limited government, and constitutional principles. He is a job creator who believes American taxpayers deserve more than the failed policies of recent decades – more than the repeated bailouts, tax increases, amnesty, automatic debt-limit increases, congressional pay raises, and backdoor special-interest deals.

Immigration

Repeating the mistakes of the past is not going to fix our broken immigration system. In 1986, Congress passed a comprehensive immigration bill, granting amnesty to 3 million illegal immigrants and promising to secure our borders. Instead, the legislation opened the floodgates to massive illegal immigration in this country. Clearly, amnesty is not the answer.
    Matt knows, from his own family’s experience, that we are a nation of immigrants and we should welcome those who want to work hard and live the American Dream, but we must do so in a manner consistent with respect for the rule of law and our tradition of legal fairness.
    Matt is committed to prioritizing the fiscal, economic, and security interests of law-abiding Americans and taxpayers. He will work beyond the platitudes and demand that effective enforcement measures are implemented and the magnets that attract illegal immigrants are eliminated. An effective plan that stops the failed cycle of amnesty would include immediate enforcement of all the laws on the books, allowing states like Kentucky to enforce federal immigration laws without fear of reprisal from a rogue administration, and cutting off welfare benefits to those who come here illegally.

https://mattbevin.com/issue/immigration/

Back to issues

Anyone in politics within DC for 30 years is basically lost to normal society IMO, time for him to retire, McConnell, McCain are a prime example of why we need term limit.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.