Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Open Letter To President and Congress: Immigration Reform

by JOHN W LILLPOP
    San Jose, CA

Mr. President, Honorable Members of Congress:

Because our government has failed to secure America's borders and enforce our immigration laws, our nation is struggling to deal with 15-20 million aliens who have entered this great nation illegally.

Many are "good-hearted, hard working" folks, simply looking for a better life. However, that description also applies to millions of others throughout the world, just as eager for a chance at the American Dream.

But while America is overwhelmed with illegal aliens from Latin nations, "good-hearted, hard working" people in other parts of the world are ordered to stand in line, wait their turn, and do that which is required for legal immigration. We tell such hopefuls that America operates in accordance with the rule of law.

Many of those in waiting are highly educated and well trained. Unfortunately, the same can not be said for most illegal aliens currently here.

Predominately from third-world Latin nations, unlawful aliens are typically non-English speaking, unskilled and poor. Such people impose heavy burdens on our already stressed education, health care and legal systems, and cost American taxpayers scores of billions each year.

In addition, while young American men and women are in harm's way in Afghanistan and Iraq, our own borders remain unsecured, making America vulnerable to further terrorist attacks.

Failure to secure the home front is a tragic mockery of American lives and treasury sacrificed to secure freedom in foreign lands, 8,000 miles from home.

Americans are well aware of the fact that immigration is the subject of intense debate in the hallowed halls of congress. We also hear that some legislative proposals would actually forgive those who have invaded our country in violation of US borders and laws.

In Washington parlance, the euphemism for this is "Guest Worker."

Guest worker is universally understood as "amnesty," and is totally unacceptable to most Americans. To reward those who are here illegally only serves to invite another 15-20 million to invade the US, and is an unmitigated outrage.

At some point, our government(you) must decide that America is a sovereign nation with borders and laws that really mean something and is worth defending.

Again: Guest worker is amnesty and is totally unacceptable.

I believe a sensible approach to immigration reform should incorporate the ideas offered below:

Employers Must Be Punished for Violating the Law

Businesses that employ illegal aliens represent a major threat to US homeland security and the war on terror. Such employers must be severely punished

Deportations Essential

No reform scenario should sanction those currently in the US unlawfully. Reasonable reform must require deportation of all illegal aliens now here.

Use Military Force to Secure Borders

Our borders must be secured by sufficient military troops and or national guardsmen authorized to use force(including lethal) as needed to prevent illegal entry into the US.

Temporary Work Permit

America can no longer tolerate a policy whereby any malcontent in a third-world nation can decide unilaterally to invade America---and get away with it! Our federal government must exercise absolute control over who enters the nation, for what purpose, destined place of residence, and date by which that individual must leave.

After our borders have been secured and illegal aliens have been deported, a worker in a foreign nation wishing to APPLY for a temporary work permit should be allowed to do so, PROVIDED he/she has not been here as an illegal alien over the preceding five years.

Other conditions of a reasonable temporary work permit program:

-Worker must undergo a background check and have a crime-free background.

-Work permit term not to exceed 18 months.

-Authorizes worker only: American taxpayers must not be burdened with the costs of providing public services to a migrant worker's family.

-Precludes parenting of any "Anchor baby." Existing US laws conferring citizenship on those born to illegal aliens must be amended.

-Criminal behavior of any sort, including misdemeanor, must require immediate deportation.

-Worker must acknowledge, in writing, that the work permit has a limited term and confers no other benefits such as driver’s license, social welfare, in-state tuition breaks, "anchor baby" rights, or citizenship.

Employers Must Be Responsible for Workers

A US employer seeking services from a foreign worker should be required to sponsor the worker, in much the same manner as sponsorship is used for legal immigration. That means the employer must assure that there is NO burden to American taxpayers for health care costs, education, crime and the like

In addition, all income earned by a migrant worker must be subject to tax withholding administered by employers.

Employers must assure that the worker leaves the US prior to expiration of the temporary work permit. Failure to do so should expose the employer to severe punishments, including criminal sanctions.

I believe the labor needs of American business CAN be satisfied without jeopardizing homeland security or the economic and cultural future of the American people---provided immigration is administered in accordance with the rule of law.

Those "guest worker" proposals now before congress would flagrantly disregard the rule of law and are NOT acceptable.

Trusting each of You to protect and defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic, I remain Sincerely Yours,

JOHN W LILLPOP
    San Jose, Ca
    Welcome To America: Now, Speak English----And ONLY English!

Excellent letter, Herelegally! Many good points but if I had to pick one out I agree it's a terrible shame that so many of our troops are overseas protecting the borders of other countries while our own borders go unprotected. Our troops need to be set home NOW.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Thanks, noillegalimmigrationannie----I agree on the troops. We have people being blown up over there, while our borders remain open. Unbelievable!

Good letter..... If more letters like that ran threw email spam rather than the bs crap I always get... we would be beter off...

Sorry to rant I just blew out like 10 stupid pointless spam letters....

Good Job!
    Ron Paul 2012

BarackObama.com, says, "To remove incentives to enter the country illegally, we need to crack down on employers that hire undocumented immigrants."

Great post! I agree that it's a shame (and maybe a sham?) that we are wasting endless resources trying to force democracy on an unwilling country while we throw it away with both hands at home. The Bush Administration shows more contempt for the American people everyday they allow the travesty at our borders to continue. It has to stop!
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Quote Originally Posted by concernedmother
    Great post! I agree that it's a shame (and maybe a sham?) that we are wasting endless resources trying to force democracy on an unwilling country while we throw it away with both hands at home. The Bush Administration shows more contempt for the American people everyday they allow the travesty at our borders to continue. It has to stop!

Thank you concernedmother. Bush's "war on terror" credentials were exposed in PortGate. He is unworthy of trust of support because he does not believe in America First. With him, its big business donors first!

Herelegally,
    This is my first post/reply on this site. I was so relieved to find a place where people are just as concerned as I am about this unconscionable invasion of lawbreaking, disrespectful and "give it to me now people", primarely the groups of invaders you mentioned in your letter to the President. These Illegals are comming here with the Idea that this is the country that will just hand over anything and everthing, as long as you do not speak English. I am sorry if I offend any who have come here the correct and law abiding way. Unfortunately so many are not comming here legally, they make it hard for the ones who do. I think your letter to the President is well spoken and thought out.As natural born citizen or legal immigrants, we must come together and stop them from overrunning our Great Country and turning it into the squalor they came from.Yes, We all must speak English too. Last I checked that is our national language.Big businesses need to be fined and shut down for a week or two, to make them stop hiring these people, and anyone else who hires them as well. I have so much more I would like to say about this but I am not sure if I am allowed to here. I am with you on this problem and commend you for taking action.
    Sincerely,
    Noey

Welcome to ALIPAC Noey!

I'm glad you found us and I hope you will take the time to become a regular participant here and a fully trained ALIPAC Activist.

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)